Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

Yea, I don't want to put him down too much since somebody got his jersey but his name is the best thing about him. Cool soccer name, bad soccer player.

Haha, thanks?  :P 

He had a few awesome goals in the qualifiers two years ago when I started trying to get into soccer, and helped me get hooked.  My first memories of enjoying the game as a fan.

Kinda like how I have this photographic memory of LaFontaine no-look-passing the puck to Mogilny from behind the net for a sweet one-timer goal, and it sticks out as one of my earliest fond memories as a little Sabres fan.  Except it's Jozy Altidore and soccer and I was 26 years old and drunk.

Haha, thanks?  :P

He had a few awesome goals in the qualifiers two years ago when I started trying to get into soccer, and helped me get hooked.  My first memories of enjoying the game as a fan.

Kinda like how I have this photographic memory of LaFontaine no-look-passing the puck to Mogilny from behind the net for a sweet one-timer goal, and it sticks out as one of my earliest fond memories as a little Sabres fan.  Except it's Jozy Altidore and soccer and I was 26 years old and drunk.

Are we the same person?

• 2 weeks later...

Say it isn't so ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/michel-platini-uefa-president-and-fifa-vp-to-run-for-fifa-president-1.3172345

I can think of no one I'd less like to replace good ol' Sepp than Platini.

i know nothing of the man other than the fact that we used to call his name -- as kids are wont to do -- when we did something particularly skillful on the field (i tended to call out "baggio!" rather than platini).

bad guy?

the whole entity is so corrupt. stands to reason the people lined up to replace sepp wouldn't be clean.

Don't know that a South Korean billionaire is the answer to FIFA's woes, but you hafta love this quote:

Platini is good for football, but whether he can be a good FIFA president? I don’t think so. He is a product of the current FIFA system. There are several questions we can have whether Platini can symbolize a new era for FIFA or whether he is simply a protégé of Blatter.

President Blatter is like a cannibal eating his parents and then crying he’s an orphan. He tries to blame everybody except himself.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/30/chung-mong-joon-to-run-for-fifa-presidency-calls-out-blatter-and-platini/

Edited by That Aud Smell

Last night of our Summer soccer league last night.  My sister is still the best at playing the ball in the air, my brother is still the only one who can score, and our goalie is a badass.

I had a blast this year.  Playing like a fore-checking winger when I was on offense was really fun.  Midfield is stupid and running is stupid.

Last night of our Summer soccer league last night.  My sister is still the best at playing the ball in the air, my brother is still the only one who can score, and our goalie is a badass.

I had a blast this year.  Playing like a fore-checking winger when I was on offense was really fun.  Midfield is stupid and running is stupid.

As much as I enjoy the game and loved playing, this is why I only played sparingly for one season a few years back. The ratio of running to actually playing is no beuno.

Midfield is stupid and running is stupid.

As much as I enjoy the game and loved playing, this is why I only played sparingly for one season a few years back. The ratio of running to actually playing is no beuno.

18j2bu5zobvdegif.gif

I love (LOVE) the game, and love to play (in modified ways). But these observations about midfield are spot on. I'm now understanding my past struggles in a whole new light.

• 2 weeks later...

Müller back at it with two goals in the Bayern Munich season kick off on Friday.......... :beer:  :beer:

Great to see the Bundy with better coverage........Highest scoring league and only one league with higher attendance per game and that is the NFL.

In other news ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/man-city-moves-atop-premier-league-after-blanking-defending-champion-chelsea-1.3192951

MAN CITY!!

-----

EDIT TO ADD:

I am now following Roma of Serie A, as my favourite player (Edin Džeko) is now on loan from Man City.

-----

EDIT AGAIN:

Norwich City ...

Yeah, 11.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Didn't see the game, but the Men in Blazers Twitter account tweeted at around 55' that Tim Howard was going Belgium World Cup for a while.

City is on a mission.

Howard played well against some of the best players in the world.

He is playing in the EPL, the big time, which is more than I can say for a certain, now retired, US footballer.