Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

OTOH, Alexi was an over-rated member of the USMNT. Landon was our best striker ever.

Anyway. it was not a good look by Donovan, and Lalas's riposte was pretty funny.

I'm not going to lie. I was not happy when Landon was left off the last US World Cup team. Klinsmann had his reasons, but Donovan was the face of US soccer. The guy was clutch and came through when needed. His leadership/high level of play could've helped a bit in the last World Cup. Granted, didn't Klinsmann say the last World Cup was almost a preparation for the next one? I like Klinsmann. He's not afraid to express his opinion on anything US Soccer related. Talked of how the same style of play needs to be used across the country. Pretty much slammed high school and college soccer for not going that direction. Pointed out US players need to do all they can to play in Europe. Felt our premier players only have to give 70 to 80% effort when playing in the MLS. The last US team had large number of MLS players. How can they improve/complete w/ the best by staying w/ that league? The MLS is a joke. Okay, I'm beginning to ramble. Still feel Landon should've been on the last US World Cup team. 

Who's your crush on the USWNT?

I've got it bad for Klingenberg.

Julie Johnston's play has earned a spot in my heart as well.

Klingenberg? Pretty specific. Sounds like you've got a type.

Alex Morgan is an obvious choice, and deservedly so.

Christen Press has got it going on.

7732129_G.jpg

And, um

giphy.gif

Edited by That Aud Smell

Last night, my mom exclaimed in anger that Alex Morgan needed a spanking after the ball got away from her.

Press is le hot. I definitely made a terrible "press her button" joke earlier in the tournament.

As for having a type, people have been saying that to me lately. As far as I can tell, my type is "girl"

Edited by qwksndmonster

As for having a type, people have been saying that to me lately. As far as I can tell, my type is "girl"

well, she's on the smallish side (5'1", i'd guess) and she's rocking that short bob now. she stands out among her teammates as a result.

CIyN1dwUwAADkSA.png

but, yeah.

c754c29ae3de7afbe4adc6ca75a0e540.jpg

Short, short hair, and brown hair definitely all feed into my type (thanks, ex).  I guess where the whole type thing falls apart for me is all the other girls I find beautiful.

I used to crush on Megan Rapinoe too, but this WC she hasn't been catching my attention as much (still love her as a player, great game against Deutschland).

Anyone who doesn't love Julie Johnston is a commie bastard and I want to fight them.

She's the best. The. Best.

Lalas said it, and I agree: She's been the team's MVP this tournament, the misplayed bouncing ball last night notwithstanding.

Anyone who doesn't love Julie Johnston is a commie bastard and I want to fight them.

She's the best. The. Best.

Lalas said it, and I agree: She's been the team's MVP this tournament, the misplayed bouncing ball last night notwithstanding.

She's been fantastic. Very clam and deliberate in the backfield, playing some great balls forward.  She's been in our top 3 of best players.

It's a special form of cruelty, since the England men were eliminated by Germany in 2010 after Lampard scored an actual goal on a ball that did almost the exact same thing -- hit the crossbar, land over the goal line, hit the bar again, and come back out of the goal. Lampard's goal was disallowed. Not so for last night's own goal.

Edited by That Aud Smell