Sabres Trade busted up Roy for Ott and Pardy

26CornerBlitz

I'll speak for myself as I cannot speak for others. But I'll note that X Benedict had the same thought and he certainly isn't a Darcy hater. Myself, it doesn't come from a distrust of Darcy. I am rather neutral on the guy and do not participate in the Darcy bashing (or the Lindy bashing). My expression was merely a "wow, Roy had an injury when we traded him? Was that known by all parties?" sort fo response. And frankly, I don't see how that is accusatory unless the accuser is assuming a negative view of me (or Dwight, or X). And that's on them, not me.

'

That was more or less my original expression. I was concerned that if it wasn't known by all parties that it would shed a bad light on Buffalo as a whole, not just DR.

I'll speak for myself as I cannot speak for others. But I'll note that X Benedict had the same thought and he certainly isn't a Darcy hater. Myself, it doesn't come from a distrust of Darcy. I am rather neutral on the guy and do not participate in the Darcy bashing (or the Lindy bashing). My expression was merely a "wow, Roy had an injury when we traded him? Was that known by all parties?" sort fo response. And frankly, I don't see how that is accusatory unless the accuser is assuming a negative view of me (or Dwight, or X). And that's on them, not me.

I don't think there's much reason to seriously question it. Darcy's had this job for 13 years now. If he was a shady figure who was willing to sneak around behind teams' backs and make a deal like that, I think that most would be well aware of it by now. There's no way this would be the first time that he's ever had a chance to screw someone over in that fashion.

I don't think there's much reason to seriously question it. Darcy's had this job for 13 years now. If he was a shady figure who was willing to sneak around behind teams' backs and make a deal like that, I think that most would be well aware of it by now. There's no way this would be the first time that he's ever had a chance to screw someone over in that fashion.

yeah but he's working for a new owner now and finally free to be his own man.

JOKING PEOPLE!!! :death:

On a less severe level, but it is similar to "wow, there was a pedaphile being protected by penn st. I hope our Penn St. donor owner wasn't helping to cover it up..."

I know it's not as significant as that, and I'm not trying to indict you personally, but i think the fact that anyone would suggest that Lindy may have knowingly screwed over a team with a damaged player absolutely must come from a position of some distrust. Again, I'm not trying to say that that position is wrong or bad, but that has to be in place to get from "Roy has surgery" to "I really hope Dallas knew before the trade".

On a less severe level, but it is similar to "wow, there was a pedaphile being protected by penn st. I hope our Penn St. donor owner wasn't helping to cover it up..."

I know it's not as significant as that, and I'm not trying to indict you personally, but i think the fact that anyone would suggest that Lindy may have knowingly screwed over a team with a damaged player absolutely must come from a position of some distrust. Again, I'm not trying to say that that position is wrong or bad, but that has to be in place to get from "Roy has surgery" to "I really hope Dallas knew before the trade".

Meh. Old Russian proverb, "doveryai, no proveryai". Trust but verify.

+1+1

So Roy, whom I'm glad is gone mainly because this team is WAY too small, played last year with a shoulder injury. What a poor locker room guy and pus#y. No heart or leadership. And this coming off a quad tendon being torn off the bone which the team doc said would take 12 to 18 months to come back from? The Sabres' threw him in game seven of a play-off series, having not played since December? How many months post surgery? He wanted to play? What a puss# and non-team player! What's the Bull Frog( oh it's Dog or Chris, or wh#re advertising guy) have to say? That's right he said in scrum, "take it easy." What a locker room cancer. Oh, but whatever Paul Hamilton says is gospel Huge LOL Understand, I liked the trade for Ott.

P.S. (How many dentist, eye doc, or injury attorney ads can WGR run at the same time b4 they lose credibility with listeners who have even a modecum of brains?)

What is the point of this post, other than spewing vitriol? Do you think Roy was a positive factor for this team?

Wrong. The deal was Smyth for Fraser. There was no trade other than that one. LA approached the league to complain after they found out that Faser was injured so I doubt they knew about the injury beforehand. The trade wasn't voided after the complaint because LA and Edm came to an agreement for additional compensation on their own. There was no other trade beforehand that Fraser was subsituted for.

re-read and show me where anyone assumed the worst. There was an expression of "oh, I hope noone dealt in bad faith". That is not an assumption that the deal is unfair.

Lol at me taking it personally.

Don't worry, I forgive you.

In all seriousness there were posts in which people have said they can only assume this injury wasn't declared, that is assuming negativity and distrust rather than just assuming they acted like businessmen and professionals.

There is no way in this day and age that Roy's shoulder injury would not have been known by Dallas. He would never have passed the physical. Dallas wanted Roy and was willing to roll the dice. I just hope Ott lives up to the expectations of this board..

This stuff works both ways. The Sabres need to administer a complete physical to Ott IMMEDIATELY! And Jerry Sullivan needs to be present.

I suspect Ott has curvature of the spine at the very least.

And I don't care that Ott played the entire last season with a severed achilles.

GO SABRES!!!

The injury probably wasn't a huge deal, and perhaps the Stars decided to go ahead with the surgery now because they realize there is a good chance that the beginning of the season may be lost anyway due to the DBA negotiations.

Holy ######, if Fehr and Bettman can't even agree on a name for the league w/out negotiating, this is gonna get REEAALY ugly. No wonder Dallas decided to have him go ahead with the surgery. ;)

Holy ######, if Fehr and Bettman can't even agree on a name for the league w/out negotiating, this is gonna get REEAALY ugly. No wonder Dallas decided to have him go ahead with the surgery. ;)

They're just interviewing for someone to run the web site's backend (DBA == Database Administrator). Rumor is they've found the guy they want, but they're working out relocation and vacation.

They're just interviewing for someone to run the web site's backend (DBA == Database Administrator). Rumor is they've found the guy they want, but they're working out relocation and vacation.

Well, if they can't even get together on that one, they'd have real trouble. Considering both are lawyers and neither probably knows how to connect a USB drive to his laptop much less what a database administrator would do (he's an IT guy, right ;)), I doubt they'd be too worried about that; BUT as they are both lawyers, I could see them both being very interested in what name the league is operating under (the Doing Business As, or DBA as it is commonly referred to). It would seem simple enough to leave it as NHL, but there might be some confusion w/ the LHN they watch in Quebec, so they might be concerned about that; or they might figure that going back to the NHA might be their way to finally rid themselves of Charles Wang, Garth Snow, and the rest of the soap opera they call the Gorton's Fishermen. It got rid of TO's owner the 1st time they changed the name, maybe it could work again. ;)

Well, if they can't even get together on that one, they'd have real trouble. Considering both are lawyers and neither probably knows how to connect a USB drive to his laptop much less what a database administrator would do (he's an IT guy, right ;)), I doubt they'd be too worried about that; BUT as they are both lawyers, I could see them both being very interested in what name the league is operating under (the Doing Business As, or DBA as it is commonly referred to). It would seem simple enough to leave it as NHL, but there might be some confusion w/ the LHN they watch in Quebec, so they might be concerned about that; or they might figure that going back to the NHA might be their way to finally rid themselves of Charles Wang, Garth Snow, and the rest of the soap opera they call the Gorton's Fishermen. It got rid of TO's owner the 1st time they changed the name, maybe it could work again. ;)

C'mon, they know how to connect a USB drive to their laptops, as lawyers they just won't do it without charging you a few hundred bucks to have a law clerk or student do it for them

I Think it could be reasonable assumed that both sides knew. Best I can tell, it would be impossible that Dallas didn't know prior to the trade and the headline was not immediately "Dallas asks league to void trade". That would have occurred prior to the surgery, at the initial diagnosis. Both you and Drane suggested the impossible possibility that Dallas didn't know, yet was no challenging the trade. I think it is a reasonable conclusion that this suggestion was based on a negative view of the Sabres Organization (harrington tweeted something to the effect of "no one will ever trade with him again") rather than any actual information. It is the equivalent of accusing a Cyclist of doping simply because he goes up the Col de Columbier really fast. That accusation is based on a negative view of doping in cycling, not any actual evidence of PEDs. Does any of that make sense? I'm not saying that the negative view of DR is patently wrong, just that those suggestions come from a negative, untrusting viewpoint.

<_< Still not sure if I'm making any sense...

That's a whole lot of writing and getting worked up for 3 posters who only noddingly agreed that this situation isn't "funny", and you are only as good as the reputation of your word.

At the risk of sounding condescending....I'm sure we could give you personal life examples, but I am slowly learning that instead of actually reading what is being said here, certain people need to project their vile onto a readily available resource since Sullivan and Bucky ignore their twatters and comments because they are too busy earning their paychecks.

Can't win.

To add to Weave's nugget of Trust but Verify......I will add the one about that shiny polished thing you get out of oysters, and the animal that so kindly provides us with crispy breakfast meat and Easter hindquarters.

I still don't care that Roy is having shoulder surgery. Did Dallas know? Probably, they aren't making a big deal about it. Does Roy play for the Sabres anymore? no, so him having shoulder surgery matters very little to us. The entire conspiracy theory about DR lying to make this trade happen is pure speculation.

That's a whole lot of writing and getting worked up for 3 posters who only noddingly agreed that this situation isn't "funny", and you are only as good as the reputation of your word.

At the risk of sounding condescending....I'm sure we could give you personal life examples, but I am slowly learning that instead of actually reading what is being said here, certain people need to project their vile onto a readily available resource since Sullivan and Bucky ignore their twatters and comments because they are too busy earning their paychecks.

Can't win.

To add to Weave's nugget of Trust but Verify......I will add the one about that shiny polished thing you get out of oysters, and the animal that so kindly provides us with crispy breakfast meat and Easter hindquarters.

I agree it was a lot of words, but I really wasn't worked up. Just trying, in vain, to communicate a thought that was not making from my brain to my fingers. I agree with you both on the, "looks funny" position. I was trying to stake out a middle ground between those suggesting that may have Darcy committed a corporal trade sin and completely denying any negative presumption about him, and those who were calling bloody murder on a reasonable position that it is possible that the Sabres white-washed the injury.

I try to be reasonable most of the time. Unless my Hero, our captain, is being put on the trade block :)

I still don't care that Roy is having shoulder surgery. Did Dallas know? Probably, they aren't making a big deal about it. Does Roy play for the Sabres anymore? no, so him having shoulder surgery matters very little to us. The entire conspiracy theory about DR lying to make this trade happen is pure speculation.

I agree it was a lot of words, but I really wasn't worked up. Just trying, in vain, to communicate a thought that was not making from my brain to my fingers. I agree with you both on the, "looks funny" position. I was trying to stake out a middle ground between those suggesting that may have Darcy committed a corporal trade sin and completely denying any negative presumption about him, and those who were calling bloody murder on a reasonable position that it is possible that the Sabres white-washed the injury.

I try to be reasonable most of the time. Unless my Hero, our captain, is being put on the trade block :)

*sigh*

Noone suggested there was a conspiracy. Noone suggested Darcy committed a sin. Reading context people.

*sigh*

Noone suggested there was a conspiracy. Noone suggested Darcy committed a sin. Reading context people.

The only good thing to come out of this is if Dallas says they knew about the issue and felt it was better for him to have surgery versus playing through it in Buffalo.

I'm with D.Drane on this one. Dealing takes a fair amount of goodwill between GM's. What do you think Joe Mieuwendyk's goodwill meter is at this afternoon if he was unaware of shoulder issues?

Me too. Quickest way for Darcy to find himself alone on an island is to knowingly trade damaged goods without disclosing it. Hopefully both teams were fully aware of the physical condition of the players involved.

I'm not crazy. I said "suggested he may have" and all three statements above are suggesting that Darcy "May Have committed a trade sin"

My reading context is fine, the *sigh* may be a bit of an overplay of the Elder Statesman card.

I completely agree that noone was suggesting a conspiracy. That kind of goes back to what Drane said yesterday.

I'm guessing the sigh is because Weave knows you own a pair of big-boy pants and usually have them on 100% of the time so he can't seem to figure out why you are whiffing on this one.

Fair enough, I will freely admit that my words are completely ######-ing failing me in this thread for some reason.

This stuff works both ways. The Sabres need to administer a complete physical to Ott IMMEDIATELY! And Jerry Sullivan needs to be present.

I suspect Ott has curvature of the spine at the very least.

And I don't care that Ott played the entire last season with a severed achilles.

GO SABRES!!!

You are killing me today. :lol:

Archived