The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

Sylvester just said to Flynn "people are comparing you to Pominville"...where is he being compared to Pominville other than here on Sabrespace?

Wasn't there a line in the press stating that Flynn's game gave Regier the opening to move Pominville? I can't recall who the statement is attributed to but I don't think it came from Sabrespace.

Comparing Flynn to Pominville is nauseating. I mean there's trying to pump your team's tires, and the there's just the absurd.

From one of my all time favorite movies "Outlaw Josey Wales" "don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining".

:clapping: for both of you. Personally I don't want to see Flynn or Porter on this team. Ahl'er and travelling team ace. Maybe that's harsh but for what my tickets cost, I expect better than that on the ice. And stick Matty Ellis on the same bus. Don't get me wrong Flynn had a couple good spots but way more disappearing acts. Porter, steady solid career ahl and perfect teammate to a guy like Matt Ellis. We can do better and should expect much better. Of course we should expect that Darcy would have been relieved of his duties 10 times by now but he is on solid ground.

:clapping: for both of you. Personally I don't want to see Flynn or Porter on this team. Ahl'er and travelling team ace. Maybe that's harsh but for what my tickets cost, I expect better than that on the ice. And stick Matty Ellis on the same bus. Don't get me wrong Flynn had a couple good spots but way more disappearing acts. Porter, steady solid career ahl and perfect teammate to a guy like Matt Ellis. We can do better and should expect much better. Of course we should expect that Darcy would have been relieved of his duties 10 times by now but he is on solid ground.

I agree with what you're saying in that we deserve better on an N.H.L. roster but I'm thinking guys like this are stopgap and role players win you cups. If and when you have the talent to get into the playoffs.

I agree with what you're saying in that we deserve better on an N.H.L. roster but I'm thinking guys like this are stopgap and role players win you cups. If and when you have the talent to get into the playoffs.

So it's the chicken before the egg, horse before the cart type of thing?

A GM worth his salt would do better. So rather than pick on these players my focus should rightfully be on Darcy. We can all probably agree on that and yet he remains. And remains. So that isn't getting me any traction. In fact I think in a when do you think Darcy gets fired thread I came to the realization that we would have to miss the playoffs the next TWO years for him to finally bite it.

That's just sad.

Edit: that said I did like our draft. I like a lot of our prospects. And with Darcy I'm just afraid it is rinse, wash, repeat.

But I will also say that I am an optimistic pessimist! If things go bad early, this will be an ugly long season. Conversely, with soo many kids that don't know they're supposed to bad it could be rather entertaining. Having Miller and Vanek around should help the cause.

I'm looking forward to this season because nothing sucked more than last year and I can't imagine even if we are bad this year, the entertainment value for my money could be worse than last year. Well, I hope anyway!

Edited by beerme1

These two are working especially hard to out-stupid each other today. One's mumbling over the other one, then the other one gets all excited and starts talking loudly, etc.

I decided to listen today to hear what they say about the fight, and in have not been disappointed! I particularly enjoyed Peters saying Scott should sue Kessel :lol:

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Haha, it's pretty funny this morning. Paraphrase, but I'm pretty close:

Caller: "Petey, what's the lower move, biting somebody's finger or swinging your stick like Kessel?"

Petey: "It takes a special kind of douche to bite someone's finger, but the lower move is swinging your stick because everyone has a stick and that opens that door."

Kevin: "What happens if the swinging is in a golf-like motion?"

Petey: "Then that person should be awarded for their comedic genius and creativity."

Caller: "Care to name that particular douche?"

Petey: "Yeah, it was Jarkko Ruutu."

Kevin: "Haha, best call-in ever."

Edited by IKnowPhysics

I won't defend him, but I think he was trying to convey the concept that it'd be more of a slippery-slope for players to start using their sticks as weapons than it would be for everyone to start biting each other. I might agree with that. Keep in mind I had to paraphrase all of that.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

I wonder when Peters buddy Laraque is going to get a job? Must just be too old to take a chance on I guess.

And a lot too much of "it's the Leafs, we're supposed to hate them." For what reason, I don't know. Neither team is any danger to the other. About all this rivalry has is Leafs fans coming to Buffalo and being loud.

I think you're wrong. Ask the players about it for the best answer. I think the rivalry is strong and will stay strong. Guys like Ott come to mind. Born in Windsor I believe and will always have an axe to grind against them.

Go to a game at ACC sometime and tell me how loud it isn't.

Haven't been up there since 2007. People say Toronto has an awful atmosphere but it was still *much* better than the FNC these past couple years. The team sucked but people were at least there to have fun.

The atmosphere in Buffalo lately has been worse than indifferent. It's not just quiet. The crowd is actively hostile to the players and is ready to turn on them at a moment's notice. I get that the team isn't very good but if you feel that way, why are you there?

Haven't been up there since 2007. People say Toronto has an awful atmosphere but it was still *much* better than the FNC these past couple years. The team sucked but people were at least there to have fun.

The atmosphere in Buffalo lately has been worse than indifferent. It's not just quiet. The crowd is actively hostile to the players and is ready to turn on them at a moment's notice. I get that the team isn't very good but if you feel that way, why are you there?

These past couple, yes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.