The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

Well, he's almost a year older than his draft interviews, and at 18-19 years old, that can make a difference.  Especially with his experience of being drafted, going to camp, playing his first games in the NHL, being sent back down to juniors, playing for his country in the WJC.  He's going to mature and hopefully head down the right path.

Tedd Nolan will be on with injury and player updates at 10:05am today. Also our old friend Jay McKee will be on at 11am.

Didn't Jay and Steve Montador play together for 2 seasons?  Jay is a good interview and I understand the show getting him on, but just wondering if it could be a little tribute with the timing.

Edited by Woods-Racer

Didn't Jay and Steve Montador play together for 2 seasons?  Jay is a good interview and I understand the show getting him on, but just wondering if it could be a little tribute with the timing.

It could be,  I don't remember them playing together.  Also, McKee would be a good guy to bring in and discuss Bogosian.

Jeremy has been nauseating all season. I can't even imagine how much worse he's going to be if the Sabres get McDavid and start winning.

I don't think we'll mind.

I think we would all be united in this.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=geico+pig+whee&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=BC00900DBF218EF8F80BBC00900DBF218EF8F80B

Tim Murray said "McEicehl"  lol.   Also I don't see us drafting Strome or Crouse if we slide out of the top 2. Murray seem to brush off Crouse and picked apart Strome's game.  Honestly Strome sounded like not as good Reinhart.  He called him a "puck distribution center"  but then questioned his skating/footwork.

I didn't think it was critical in the negative sense, more like an honest assessment of his game..

And Crouse was simply a power forward.

I did hear Eichel and McDavid number one centre, Hanifan number one defenceman.

Marner wasn't mentioned, but we aren't picking Crouse or Strome over Hanifan.

I didn't think it was critical in the negative sense, more like an honest assessment of his game..

And Crouse was simply a power forward.

I did hear Eichel and McDavid number one centre, Hanifan number one defenceman.

Marner wasn't mentioned, but we aren't picking Crouse or Strome over Hanifan.

Marner wasn't mentioned because Peters asked specifically about those other 5.  I am wondering if Murray drafts Hanafin at #3... I think he would but I get the impression he wants a forward.

Petey thinks they should trade Nikita.

Petey's an idiot. He's just pissed he wasn't good enough to ever be given leeway.

Andrew Peters is chief xenophobe. I distinctly remember one rant he went on where he was criticizing some team's drafting and said something like "...and go and draft all these Europeans..." and he said "Europeans" with such disgust in his voice I'll never forget it. I'm almost certain (and sadly, almost not joking) that he'd rather employ Matt Ellis than Alex Ovechkin.

Andrew Peters is chief xenophobe. I distinctly remember one rant he went on where he was criticizing some team's drafting and said something like "...and go and draft all these Europeans..." and he said "Europeans" with such disgust in his voice I'll never forget it. I'm almost certain (and sadly, almost not joking) that he'd rather employ Matt Ellis than Alex Ovechkin.

Yeah, look at Detroit with all that stinkin' Eurotrash....   :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew Peters, reaction of Stewart trade: "I don't care about McDavid or Eichel, I want Chris Stewart on this roster for the next three or four years."

This was a few days ago, around the trade deadline, and he talked about how guys like Stewart are 'hard to get', a guy who's going to likely be going to his fifth team when he's only 27 this July. Then today, he talks about how the Penguins are a better team without Crosby, and how he was praying for Arizona to lose in regulation last night. el oh el 

Andrew Peters, reaction of Stewart trade: "I don't care about McDavid or Eichel, I want Chris Stewart on this roster for the next three or four years."

This was a few days ago, around the trade deadline, and he talked about how guys like Stewart are 'hard to get', a guy who's going to likely be going to his fifth team when he's only 27 this July. Then today, he talks about how the Penguins are a better team without Crosby, and how he was praying for Arizona to lose in regulation last night. el oh el 

And that's how you know Andrew Peters lacks the ability to see the bigger picture.  

Petey's a player's player.  His experiences, and maybe his competitiveness, will only allow him to see the world from the players' perspective.  Players want to win all of the time.  Players need to win all of the time.  Players don't want to lose their jobs to the next young kid.  As an alumni, he bonds with current players like brothers.  He's not a GM.  He's not going to say, "you know, maybe we need to cut this guy," or "maybe it's not as important to win these games as it is to secure the future."

He, like Rob Ray, Brad May, and other former players, give valuable insight from the players' perspective about all sorts of topics.  But when it comes to discussing the hard decisions a GM needs to make, he should probably just be ignored.

His anti-tank stance is born from this perspective, but I think he continues to carry on about it because he's supposed to act the ham to KS's straight man.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Petey's a player's player.  His experiences, and maybe his competitiveness, will only allow him to see the world from the players' perspective.  Players want to win all of the time.  Players need to win all of the time.  Players don't want to lose their jobs to the next young kid.  As an alumni, he bonds with current players like brothers.  He's not a GM.  He's not going to say, "you know, maybe we need to cut this guy," or "maybe it's not as important to win these games as it is to secure the future."

He, like Rob Ray, Brad May, and other former players, give valuable insight from the players' perspective about all sorts of topics.  But when it comes to discussing the hard decisions a GM needs to make, he should probably just be ignored.

His anti-tank stance is born from this perspective, but I think he continues to carry on about it because he's supposed to act the ham to KS's straight man.

I think this is really the problem with the show--Sylvester doesn't play his role particularly well, in my estimation. When Peters starts ranting against any and all logic, Sylvester is really bad at reeling him back in to planet Earth.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.