Travis Turnbull called up?

nobody

After reading the articles out of Montreal it appears that Myers and some of our players may be marked men for the hit on Gomez. Ruff could be expecting a physical game and wants The Sheriff Turnbull to patrol the ice. Not a bad idea.

Can you provide a link for any of this?

We know he not a fighter but he has the nads to drop when called for. I'm thrilled for the kid. He sells out every shift. Like I've said before he's more of a Kaleta/Nichol hybrid.

Turnbull was relatively invisible in the Habs game; that's not necessarily a bad thing. He performed better than I thought/feared he might.

I thought that he played well. But he could not keep up at this level. His lack of speed showed. In the corners he was good passing he was good but catching up on the back check was poor.

Turnbull was relatively invisible in the Habs game; that's not necessarily a bad thing. He performed better than I thought/feared he might.

He looked like Andrew Peters out there. Clearly out of his league. Even RJ noted it with a remark when the Habs totally owned him; he said something like "Welcome to the NHL, Travis." That said, it could be that part of it is he is intimidated by the higher level of play and may learn to think a little faster and not be such a liability. It seemed like as the game wore on, he was less obviously out of place.

He looked like Andrew Peters out there. Clearly out of his league. Even RJ noted it with a remark when the Habs totally owned him; he said something like "Welcome to the NHL, Travis." That said, it could be that part of it is he is intimidated by the higher level of play and may learn to think a little faster and not be such a liability. It seemed like as the game wore on, he was less obviously out of place.

That's because he was on the bench.

Oh, I'm not writing him off after one game. Just saying he had stars in his eyes last night. It was a good time to call him up and get him a little big league ice time, but he will need some more seasoning before he's a bonafide NHLer.

So he'll play a role in us landing a very solid defenseman like Zhitnik?

Only if he's packaged with an over the hill HOF goalie.

So is Luke Adam going to forever be at the farm? IMO, he showed some good stuff, but I was never sold on his overall play.

He's really regressed to the point where he may need a change a scenery. He's been MIA in Rochester.

What line has he been on Ink?

1st, 2nd, 3rd?

He's been on a line with chewy and whitmore, arguably their second line with the Varone line

being # 1.

When he first came down, he was with Szdlowski and Voakes, their worst line. Not sure if Rolston trying to spurn Adam on putting him with better offensive players but it aint working. He's been invisible.

He's been on a line with chewy and whitmore, arguably their second line with the Varone line

being # 1.

When he first came down, he was with Szdlowski and Voakes, their worst line. Not sure if Rolston trying to spurn Adam on putting him with better offensive players but it aint working. He's been invisible.

Thanks Ink.

He's really regressed to the point where he may need a change a scenery. He's been MIA in Rochester.

Not a really good sign when you get sent to the AHL and continue to regress. If he wanted to get the attention of DR & LR, he would have gone down and tore it up. I am sure the Sabres staff have taken notice. See how he feels when 12-13 starts, and he is still wearing an Amerks jersey.

Not a really good sign when you get sent to the AHL and continue to regress. If he wanted to get the attention of DR & LR, he would have gone down and tore it up. I am sure the Sabres staff have taken notice. See how he

feels when 12-13 starts, and he is still wearing

an Amerks jersey.

I'll give him through the playoffs to probe himself. A nice post season could go a long way.

Not a really good sign when you get sent to the AHL and continue to regress. If he wanted to get the attention of DR & LR, he would have gone down and tore it up. I am sure the Sabres staff have taken notice. See how he feels when 12-13 starts, and he is still wearing an Amerks jersey.

Interesting how in just a few short months, the video where coachforlife was "just goofing around and having a fun time" with the top 2 forward prospects for the franchise....has led to both of them being sent far, far away.

I'm sure I will now be told by someone that Foligno and Armenia or whatever his name is, were always the focus going forward.

Oh, I'm not writing him off after one game. Just saying he had stars in his eyes last night. It was a good time to call him up and get him a little big league ice time, but he will need some more seasoning before he's a bonafide NHLer.

You know, I really like this kid. (Nice goal! :worthy: )

I'll give him through the playoffs to probe himself. A nice post season could go a long way.

Both of you are in Shanny's Gimp basement.

Archived