GDT: Colorado at Sabres 3/14/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

NBCS is building Crosby's return up just like those jerkoffs at ESPN stroked their cranks to the return of Tedi Bruschi. Kind of ironic how the commercials aired during the Sabres game and Bruschi's miracle return came against the Bills. Buffalo crapped on again as usual.

Step back from the ledge, man! It's only a few commercials.

Sabres haven't won six in a row at home since 2007.

Myers suspended 3 games.

Let's see some passion and depth.

Sorry boys. Wasn't even drinkin'.

No Offense but.......I think our game was dooomed today when you started this thread with the 6 game home win streak comment. Never talk about shutouts, streaks (until they are broken).

And never ever talk about fight club. :wallbash:

Step back from the ledge, man! It's only a few commercials.

It's no biggie to me, but the problem I have is when's the last time you saw a commercial for the return of an injured NHL player? It's just further evidence of what a joke the NHL is.

Just let him go man, he's been riding the hyper-emotional train for like three days now.

I just don't want him to do anything drastic. Maybe we need Martin Riggs to accompany him on the jump or something.

It's no biggie to me, but the problem I have is when's the last time you saw a commercial for the return of an injured NHL player? It's just further evidence of what a joke the NHL is.

It's further evidence of what a joke NBCS is. And the fact that the NHL perceives itself as a one-star league, which is probably your point.

I just don't want him to do anything drastic. Maybe we need Martin Riggs to accompany him on the jump or something.

It's further evidence of what a joke NBCS is. And the fact that the NHL perceives itself as a one-star league, which is probably your point.

Well yes Crosby is the darling of the league, but the NHL definitely has more than one player they treat with kid gloves. Guys like Malkin, Lucic, Chara. It was never like this back in the Gretzky, Bossy, Lafontaine days.....you know, when hockey was played and policed the right way.

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington

Alternate blue jerseys with "Buffalo" script on the front were retired tonight. Won't be worn again. The way this one ended, just as well.

To all asking: Alternates are done forever, not just this year. Sabres spokesman said team has no plans for an alternate jersey next year.

It's an anniversary jersey. You have to wear an alternate two years and they've gone their two years.

Just observing. You've been extra fiery this week.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing :)

Must be the combination of the Montreal game, Myers suspension, Mario taking his sweet ass time and tonight's Sabres game. I picked a bad year to quit drinking. But on the plus side, the typos have been cut way down.

I think the problem for Miller was that our D wasn't slowing anyone down. It's hard to cover everything and that's what he was trying to do tonight, because Colorado is fast and we couldn't keep up.

Im sure the Myers suspension has shifted our d play a bit. But his rebound control wasn't too great tonight. I don't blame him for the loss, id like to see a save or two on some of those. But then again id like to see the officials call an even game as well.

This game kinda sums up our season, close but no cigar. Hopefully many here were able to enjoy a steak, and if the holiday holds true, other steaks were taken care of as well ;)

Well yes Crosby is the darling of the league, but the NHL definitely has more than one player they treat with kid gloves. Guys like Malkin, Lucic, Chara. It was never like this back in the Gretzky, Bossy, Lafontaine days.....you know, when hockey was played and policed the right way.

The league only promotes one. Even the crappy "ovechtrick" commercials are gone. The NHL really should promote itself as an action league with incredible tradition and with many good current players, rather than a league with one "great" player who has yet to surpass the greatness of past players (and who probably never will).

EDIT: I should say the league in conjunction with NBCS.

The league only promotes one. Even the crappy "ovechtrick" commercials are gone. The NHL really should promote itself as an action league with incredible tradition and with many good current players, rather than a league with one "great" player who has yet to surpass the greatness of past players (and who probably never will).

:cry:

This is beginning to read like a middle-of-the-summer thread.

:censored:

Agreed, and with his concussion history he will be lucky to play a full career. What's funny is that the NHL is trying to make the league more respectable by taking head shots out of the game, but at the same time they are promoting Crosby's return who has missed most of the season due to a couple of those head shots.

DAMN, two seconds only two damn second, oh man.

Is this the new panic mode?

Two consecutive games goals against to tie the game in the last 4 second.This is bad..

Positive: Is Foligno the play we thought Kassian would be? He is playing very well.

Tonight i also liked Sulzer.

For not breaking up the first line somebody should punch Ruff reallly hard in the face. This coaching is ridiculous.

DAMN, two seconds only two damn second, oh man.

Is this the new panic mode?

Two consecutive games goals against to tie the game in the last 4 second.This is bad..

Positive: Is Foligno the play we thought Kassian would be? He is playing very well.

Tonight i also liked Sulzer.

For not breaking up the first line somebody should punch Ruff reallly hard in the face. This coaching is ridiculous.

Few things to keep in mind :

This team won't miss the playoff due to the loss tonight, they'll miss the playoffs because they sucked all through December.

Also, if a team with this payroll is just going to squeak into 8th anyway, it's time to blow it up, cause clearly something is not working.

I hate to say it but as much as I want this team to keep playing come playoff time they just don't deserve to be there. Too many nights earlier in the year when they just weren't prepared to play or weren't willing to put in a full 60 minute effort. Listless,heartless,cowardly performances by our overpayed ' stars ', an unfortunate crippling injury jinx with no help from ( I can't say who ) when they needed a lifeline. It all just adds up to a lost season and a disappointing off season to come. The worst part for me is seeing the once proud sabres image dragged through the mud by television personalities , hockey talk show hosts , radio personalities and their ilk , hotstove panels and the like. Always the butt end of jokes and never taken seriously but how can you blame them really? This team really does and has sucked this year. And come to think of it they've sucked for the better part of the last 5 or 6 years. Love them to death for the better part of 35 years now but they really do need help. I've never liked the thought of relying on other teams to help us get in but come to think of it its happened all too often with this team. Try and sneak in the backdoor because the product on the ice is at best mediocre. Hopefully this off season positive change will come and wash what seems like the worst hockey luck off of this franchise.

I missed the end of the game. (Had my own hockey game to play.) Sucks we blew the extra point but I'm not surprised by the reaction here. Even Sizzlemeister showed up to do his happy dance. It sucks but they aren't going to win every game. They still got a point and they are still in the race. Shake it off and do better next time.

PTR

It seems like there's never more than one line producing on any given night, ether it's the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th line, it's just like two lines can't have a good game on the same night. Also the Roy line has done nothing to deserve 2-3 minutes or more, of EVTOI more than any other line.

Ya know when an AHL injury fill-in scores two goals, Drew Stafford (!!!!!!) scores a SH goal, and your 7th d-man score...you should probably win that game.

Yeah, all it would have taken is a goal by Tyler Myers, and we get a win.

Oh wait, that's right - he was banned for 3 games by Crapahan. Never mind.

Few things to keep in mind :

This team won't miss the playoff due to the loss tonight, they'll miss the playoffs because they sucked all through December.

Also, if a team with this payroll is just going to squeak into 8th anyway, it's time to blow it up, cause clearly something is not working.

Yup. You're definitely right,

Archived