GDT: Colorado at Sabres 3/14/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

I didn't say we lost cuz of refs. I said they were awful. Never seen so many non int calls in a game. Ehrhoff goes to the net in OT with a stick under his chin but nada.

Kaleta breaths. 2 min. Downie???

I won't blame the game on refs, either, but they were pretty one-sided.

The one thing I take from this game......I really dislike Vanek. Very uninspired, no contact, little hustle, and not scoring. I don't give a crap if he's "streaky" for 7million+ his play is very unacceptable. He needs to go, idc where, but that 7mil in cap space can be used much better.

We choked, I hate to say but I felt it coming as downie started outta his end.

Miller looked shaky at best

All I can say is that I hope Terry Pegula is really really really angry over this one. This franchise needs a complete overhaul because the veterans and the leadership here are not getting it done. Proof: past 5 seasons.

Correct....didn't make it out of the first round the past two seasons, and missed the playoffs the two seasons before that.

The why I want to know is why does Derek Roy get over 23 minutes of ice time ?

I hate to say this, because I do hate Roy ("Roy" is one of the word suggestions on my phone after I type in "hate"), but Roy did have a pretty good game.

I didn't say we lost cuz of refs. I said they were awful. Never seen so many non int calls in a game. Ehrhoff goes to the net in OT with a stick under his chin but nada.

Kaleta breaths. 2 min. Downie???

Not to mention the Downie slewfoot.

I hate to say this, because I do hate Roy ("Roy" is one of the word suggestions on my phone after I type in "hate"), but Roy did have a pretty good game.

I agree, but as good of a season as he started to have last year, he has really lost a step this season. I really wonder if he'll be the same again after that injury he had last year.

This was a game between two teams fighting for their playoff lives. Colorado came out on top.

I am less concerned about the 1pt lost tonight than I am on the lasting effects of giving up two consecutive leads in the final seconds of the third period. As well all know, this team has serious confidence issues at times.

I agree, but as good of a season as he started to have last year, he has really lost a step this season. I really wonder if he'll be the same again after that injury he had last year.

I'd rather not find out. He has been okay only the last handful of games. The majority of the season, though, Roy has been craptastic. He needs to be dealt over the summer.

Obvious calls not made.....

Pommers chipping puck by d in centre ice area. Puck in d zone, and he's ridden out very late.

Ehrhoff with stick under chin driving net in OT.

Downie a few times.

Mcnabb having his helmet crosschecked off in the neutral zone.

That's a few off the top of my head.

As for Vanek. Yep he's not playing like a 7 million dollar man. Should have taken the 5 first round picks from Edm.

Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington)

3/14/12 7:54 PM

Great atmosphere in FNC tonight. #Sabres play helps. So does crowd for Bronze game. Less of the wine-and-cheese brigade.

For whomever it was complaining about the fans at the game: we were into this game tonight. Even my wife was all into it during the last 2 minutes of regulation.

You can't you blame us for trying when the Sabres were obviously not playing with ANY edge.

The one thing I take from this game......I really dislike Vanek. Very uninspired, no contact, little hustle, and not scoring. I don't give a crap if he's "streaky" for 7million+ his play is very unacceptable. He needs to go, idc where, but that 7mil in cap space can be used much better.

We choked, I hate to say but I felt it coming as downie started outta his end.

Miller looked shaky at best

I think the problem for Miller was that our D wasn't slowing anyone down. It's hard to cover everything and that's what he was trying to do tonight, because Colorado is fast and we couldn't keep up.

For whomever it was complaining about the fans at the game: we were into this game tonight. Even my wife was all into it during the last 2 minutes of regulation.

You can't you blame us for trying when the Sabres were obviously not playing with ANY edge.

Agree w/ first part (too many eyewitness accounts tell me the crowd was on).

Disagree w/ second part except for about 15 minutes of the second period. And yeah, that's a quarter of the game; that's a lot. I'll acknowledge that much.

Very disappointing. I'd love to know why McGinn wasn't checked higher in the zone. All I saw were close-in replays, so I can't figure out why.

McGinn was Pommer's man and he fell.

-I'm depressed by the last few days of NHL hockey. Nothing is going our way these days.

-The broadcast was absolute garbage. Worst coverage I've ever seen from this network.

I have more to say but I'm just going to get some sleep right now. I'm behind and I've been really busy lately.

McGinn was Pommer's man and he fell.

-I'm depressed by the last few days of NHL hockey. Nothing is going our way these days.

-The broadcast was absolute garbage. Worst coverage I've ever seen from this network.

It's not the worst I've seen from NBCS, unfortunately, and I'm sure (even more unfortunately) that there is worse to come.

But thank you for explaining what happened on the play, because the network sure didn't show it. I didn't think Pommer was so defensively irresponsible to not check a man in that situation, and your explanation, well, explains it.

Disagree w/ second part except for about 15 minutes of the second period. And yeah, that's a quarter of the game; that's a lot. I'll aacknowledge that much.

Don't get me wrong; it was a good game as a spectator, but I would reverse your statement to say they played with some edge for a total of 15 minutes of regulation.

They didn't play with enough of an edge to win. The Sabres could have won that game had they "turned it on". This is what stunned the crowd, I think, that they refused to pick up their game enough to park it in the garage. It was obvious.

Agree w/ first part (too many eyewitness accounts tell me the crowd was on).

Disagree w/ second part except for about 15 minutes of the second period. And yeah, that's a quarter of the game; that's a lot. I'll acknowledge that much.

I think fans have lowered their standards. See Winnipeg fans. The 2nd period was very quiet.

And in the 3rd I said to my son, they sound anxious and that carries over to the ice. It was like the fans knew trouble was coming instead of willing them to win it.

And Ruff should be gone simply for hos body language at the end. The last two games at the end he looked defeated. Sure you're upset but your job is to motivate them.

BTW the game should have been over in the first 10 mins

Speaking of terrible NBCS coverage, if you want to see terrible, watch the Rangers-Penguins game tomorrow night. The Rangers have been the top team in the East almost the entire season, but with Crosby coming back, the coverage will be slanted probably 80/20 in Pittsburgh's favor. Embarrassing.

I think fans have lowered their standards. See Winnipeg fans. The 2nd period was very quiet.

And in the 3rd I said to my son, they sound anxious and that carries over to the ice. It was like the fans knew trouble was coming instead of willing them to win it.

And Ruff should be gone simply for hos body language at the end. The last two games at the end he looked defeated. Sure you're upset but your job is to motivate them.

rickshaw, this is kinda nuts. And it's not about an in-game coaching decision, so I won't say more.

(But I did listen to a lot of AC/DC while running last week. It's great running music.)

Speaking of terrible NBCS coverage, if you want to see terrible, watch the Rangers-Penguins game tomorrow night. The Rangers have been the top team in the East almost the entire season, but with Crosby coming back, the coverage will be slanted probably 80/20 in Pittsburgh's favor. Embarrassing.

80/20? 80/20?!

200/5.

Yes, I know that's mathematically impossible. NBCS will make it happen, somehow. Maybe they'll get one of their nonsensical Olympics interviewers to sit with Sid's family or something.

I can't believe they actually have commercials about Crosby's return. That is pitiful and the announcers were saying how once Crosby is back the Penguins are now the best team in the East. No respect for the Rangers at all. This league continues to only care about the superstars.

I was at the game tonight, 2nd row to the right of the Col bench and I have to say this game was lost due to the refs. They quick whistled many plays early in the game along with not whistling for the 2nd and 4th goals which may have gave us the game.

One of Col's defensemen punched Kaleta in the 3rd behind the play with no call, even with the ref staring at them. The Kaleta tripping call was a dive, the player literally just fell over the two sticks in front of him.In the 1st 5 min of play I counted at least 4 non-calls which they would later call on CoHo and Kaleta.

Utterly apalling.

80/20? 80/20?!

200/5.

Yes, I know that's mathematically impossible. NBCS will make it happen, somehow. Maybe they'll get one of their nonsensical Olympics interviewers to sit with Sid's family or something.

"NBCS PRESENTS SIDNEY CROSBY'S ROAD TO RECOVERY"

Enough said.

I was at the game tonight, 2nd row to the right of the Col bench and I have to say this game was lost due to the refs. They quick whistled many plays early in the game along with not whistling for the 2nd and 4th goals which may have gave us the game.

One of Col's defensemen punched Kaleta in the 3rd behind the play with no call, even with the ref staring at them. The Kaleta tripping call was a dive, the player literally just fell over the two sticks in front of him.In the 1st 5 min of play I counted at least 4 non-calls which they would later call on CoHo and Kaleta.

Utterly apalling.

Agreed. The officiating was abysmal. However, this topic is taboo: only crazy people think the league is trying to affect the outcome of games.

I can't believe they actually have commercials about Crosby's return. That is pitiful and the announcers were saying how once Crosby is back the Penguins are now the best team in the East. No respect for the Rangers at all. This league continues to only care about the superstars.

I'm not one for conspiracies but I thought of something, could the NHL not want Buffalo to make it this year? Why you may ask?

1. Washington is in 8th, Ovechkin....... (coaches fired, Ovy rage, so on)

2. Winnipeg is 9th, if they pass Washington it turns into another big story.

3. Buffalo has no story, we were an underachieving team which became hot near the end.

Proof:

1. Kaleta, they call pentalies on him if he looks crossed at a visitor.

2. Myers, 3 game suspension without any priors while Lucic got none for causing a concussion to our star goalie.

3. Refs have had very lopsided games against Buffalo as of late, I doubt we are that pentaly prone that we average 4+ every game to everyone else's 2

"NBCS PRESENTS SIDNEY CROSBY'S ROAD TO RECOVERY"

NBCS is building Crosby's return up just like those jerkoffs at ESPN stroked their cranks to the return of Tedi Bruschi. Kind of ironic how the commercials aired during the Sabres game and Bruschi's miracle return came against the Bills. Buffalo crapped on again as usual.

Archived