GDT: Colorado at Sabres 3/14/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

Backtrack a bit ... why wasn't one of our forwards shadowing Landeskog on the breakout from the Av's defensive zone ? As dangerous as he is ... let the defenseman carry the puck up the ice.

29, 23 and 19 were out there and I think it was Leino that failed to pick him up, I couldn't find a replay that went back that far.

Been meaning to say - love the avatar! Oddball is one of my favorite movie characters ever. Just stay away from those negative waves, man!

I can't help but think that I look a lot like a younger version of Donald Sutherland (with a few variations, of course).

The puck bounced off of Weber, and then in between Miller's leg and the left post. I thought it was more of a fluke before I thought to blame Miller.

I'm glad someone else posted it. The puck hits the outside of the post, hits Weber, and bounces over to the Avs player (can't remember who). I don't know if, based on where the puck hit the post, Miller hugging the pipe would have made a difference on the original shot. Maybe it would have bounced a different way off him, but I am less inclined to blame the goalie on that and more inclined to point the finger at the guys who let the Avs blow through the netural zone and around the net untouched and then the puck bounces to an uncovered guy in front of the net.

I'm glad someone else posted it. The puck hits the outside of the post, hits Weber, and bounces over to the Avs player (can't remember who). I don't know if, based on where the puck hit the post, Miller hugging the pipe would have made a difference on the original shot. Maybe it would have bounced a different way off him, but I am less inclined to blame the goalie on that and more inclined to point the finger at the guys who let the Avs blow through the netural zone and around the net untouched and then the puck bounces to an uncovered guy in front of the net.

Someone should have dove at that guys legs at the blue line, anything but letting him get into our zone that quickly, still painful to think about.

Someone should have dove at that guys legs at the blue line, anything but letting him get into our zone that quickly, still painful to think about.

It's not often I say this, but Pierre McGuire was right - that was the "no rules" portion of the game - tackle, hook, whatever-you-have-to-do time for the five guys in blue & gold, and they didn't get it done.

It's not often I say this, but Pierre McGuire was right - that was the "no rules" portion of the game - tackle, hook, whatever-you-have-to-do time for the five guys in blue & gold, and they didn't get it done.

Yes there are no rules at that point, its the ugly stuff that sometimes get games won in the last few seconds.

Yes there are no rules at that point, its the ugly stuff that sometimes get games won in the last few seconds.

Yep. I don't mind losing as much if they go down swinging. If McGinn scores that goal from his backside, it's a little easier to swallow. But Pominville falling down in the crease....

I'm also glad for your post. Blaming Miller for that goal is nuts. Seems like somone who never played hockey said that. Goalie's are supposed to save shots they can see etc.

I'm no Miller apologist but your defense gives up those chances in the final seconds! C'mon now! Where is the desperation??

aaaaaah......to remember the days of Drury and Briere diving in front of shots. Everyone playing with desperation. Anyhow....I digress.

Guest Sloth

When's the last time anyone can remember seeing this Sabres team competing for a full 60 minutes?

That's a question going back to the 06/07 season. I miss the hungry, have a lot to prove type players this team was once made up of. And yes, I know the "core" players on the 05/06 team are still in b-lo, but they are simply not the same as they once were. They've lost their hunger and their desire to do whatever it takes to win. Remember Pommers going end to end against Ottawa in OT in the 05/06 playoffs? That is the hunger I keep referring to. Where has it has it gone? What will it take to get it back?

Archived