GDT: Colorado at Sabres 3/14/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

Why is Boyes shooting?

Why is Ellis on the ice with 10 secs left when they had time to change?

Why is Ruff still coaching?

Why are the Sabres not getting calls from the zebras?

Why? Why? Why?

Ennis? (Ellis is out with the knee injury.)

Now I see where he got the nickname the Phantom Ennis, people keep seeing him on the ice when he's not on it, he went to the bench with 37 seconds left after he cleared the puck out of the Buffalo zone.

The why I want to know is why does Derek Roy get over 23 minutes of ice time ?

So, I know theres a truce on and all,.. but,.. Lindy,....

...no Vanek in the shoot out,...

...okay.

Frankly Vanek shouldn't be getting ice time, let alone shootout chances, with his sorry excuse for hockey play. Of course the same could be said for Boyes, and he's the first shooter....

Why is Boyes shooting?

Why is Ellis on the ice with 10 secs left when they had time to change?

Why is Ruff still coaching?

Why are the Sabres not getting calls from the zebras?

Why? Why? Why?

You would think you would know that Boyes and Pominville are both in the top 15 in shoot out goals this year and Boyes is one of the all time best

F***, what is wrong with this team

Very sad to me that this Sabre team cannot take this "kid" avalanche roster and coaching system, on the road no less. I thought this Sabre roster was a complex experienced team build for blah, blah, blah.....bad bounces or not, need to make it happen.

This isn't our year, get rid of miller, Roy, boyes, all the underachievers and try it again next year. Sure, we'll all watch the final meaningless games, but I think tonight showed where this team and the coaching is, your "all star" goalie just gave up 5 goals to Colorado, UNACCEPABLE. You FINALLY get a huge offensive night, can't win bc of your goalie/defense. We got screwed in the Hodgson trade, he took a penalty that led to a huge goal, and lindy doesn't learn who to put out in the final minute, your goalie can't corral a wraparound with 1 second left, also cannot stop the shooter in the shootout, then you have boyes, pominville, and ennis all trying to be fancy and getting burned by the better goalie. Colorado needed it more than we did, they showed it, I guess that is all for this season. Jets and caps will keep winning, wish them the best of luck in the postseason

Ah, ok - think someone else said that (Weber) was because of icing. Crowo was up and down tonight from what I could hear, but it always seems like people are holding their breath and waiting to be let down.

The puck was cleared all the way down. He could've gotten off.

Hodgson picked a bad time to slump. But trust me, he'll be better than Kass. In fact, this trade gave Foligno a chance and that's a bonus. But CH has struggled no question.

He and Leino aren't the reason we lost.

And I'm sorry but the refs were awful tonight. Again.

And THAT will be the game that I will look back on when we finish 9th 1 point out of playoffs. (%(&(&/&!/)&&)½!½!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, the twelve game road losing streak killed us.

I honestly think it's too much of a family atmosphere. When I'm at games there's young kids all over the place and I self-censor myself. Even if I'm not cursing I feel bad yelling all the time with a half-asleep 3 year old in front of me. Bills games meanwhile, everybody is half in the bag and going absolutely nuts because of it. Yes, I just said alcohol and tailgating is the answer.

Lol

I don't get to many games being that I live out of town, but I've definitely experienced this. I feel weird screaming and hurling insults at the opposing team when there are small children around. I think the most fun I had at a game was sitting in the top row of the 300 level because everyone was crazy up there.

So, I know theres a truce on and all,.. but,.. Lindy,....

...no Vanek in the shoot out,...

...okay.

Rules of truce stated that in game coaching decisions were fair game but with Pominville and Boyes being among the league best and Ennis on fire, I could see choosing Ennis over Vanek although I would have went with Vanek

You would think you would know that Boyes and Pominville are both in the top 15 in shoot out goals this year and Boyes is one of the all time best

Boyes barely played tonight. He did zip. Don't put him out to shoot when he's not had a good game.

The puck was cleared all the way down. He could've gotten off.

Hodgson picked a bad time to slump. But trust me, he'll be better than Kass. In fact, this trade gave Foligno a chance and that's a bonus. But CH has struggled no question.

He and Leino aren't the reason we lost.

And I'm sorry but the refs were awful tonight. Again.

If you think the refs were why we lost tonight then I don't know what to say. Although, IIFC, according to you they are reason Vancouver lost the SCFs.

Shamahan, maybe, but not the refs.

Good old Buffalo. City of choke artists.

No excuse to lose that game when you have the other team in their end of the ice with 15 seconds left.

Boyes started off great in shootouts but I think he's missed 4 of his last 5 or something like that. Vanek and Pominville should be automatic selections for the shootout, but Boyes should not be included in that list.

Winnipeg is beating Dallas badly right now. That will put them one point behind Buffalo and they got a game in hand, as do Washington. If Caps win that one, Buffalo are 5 points out. Maybe our only chance is Florida, who they play on saturday. And they lead 4 points over Buffalo with two games in hand..

I lost most of my hope with that lost point......

This isn't our year, get rid of miller, Roy, boyes, all the underachievers and try it again next year. Sure, we'll all watch the final meaningless games, but I think tonight showed where this team and the coaching is, your "all star" goalie just gave up 5 goals to Colorado, UNACCEPABLE. You FINALLY get a huge offensive night, can't win bc of your goalie/defense. We got screwed in the Hodgson trade, he took a penalty that led to a huge goal, and lindy doesn't learn who to put out in the final minute, your goalie can't corral a wraparound with 1 second left, also cannot stop the shooter in the shootout, then you have boyes, pominville, and ennis all trying to be fancy and getting burned by the better goalie. Colorado needed it more than we did, they showed it, I guess that is all for this season. Jets and caps will keep winning, wish them the best of luck in the postseason

We did not get screwed in the trade. And was that really a penalty or was he being held and his stick got caught up?

Rules of truce stated that in game coaching decisions were fair game but with Pominville and Boyes being among the league best and Ennis on fire, I could see choosing Ennis over Vanek although I would have went with Vanek

Me too. Ennis had a great night, but the ONLY reasons I can think of not going with Van are (1) he's not exactly hot right now and (2) he tends to tighten up under pressure.

But I would have had him as the first shooter, no pressure.

Boyes simply couldn't get his stick under that puck, maybe because it was too far in front. You could see what he was trying to do, but it wasn't there.

Pommer had it in the 5-hole, but that's not his shot, so he went high. Bad move.

Ennis? I have no idea WTF he was thinking. He's not ready for prime time just yet, IMO, and this wasn't the game to try to develop him.

No excuse to lose that game when you have the other team in their end of the ice with 15 seconds left.

Boyes started off great in shootouts but I think he's missed 4 of his last 5 or something like that. Vanek and Pominville should be automatic selections for the shootout, but Boyes should not be included in that list.

Agreed.

There weren't many Sabres fans ... scratch that ... there weren't many Buffalo sports fans watching this game tonight who didn't cringe a little when they started down the ice with less than 20 seconds left. We're in an abusive relationship. :-)

If you think the refs were why we lost tonight then I don't know what to say. Although, IIFC, according to you they are reason Vancouver lost the SCFs.

Shamahan, maybe, but not the refs.

I didn't say we lost cuz of refs. I said they were awful. Never seen so many non int calls in a game. Ehrhoff goes to the net in OT with a stick under his chin but nada.

Kaleta breaths. 2 min. Downie???

Agreed.

There weren't many Sabres fans ... scratch that ... there weren't many Buffalo sports fans watching this game tonight who didn't cringe a little when they started down the ice with less than 20 seconds left. We're in an abusive relationship. :-)

Yep. We're the hillbilly spouses with the black eye who plead with the cops not to take them away after kicking our ###### once again for burning the toast. Sometimes I wish I could walk away from these teams, but time heals all wounds and I'll (stupidly) be back again tomorrow with renewed optimism thinking that this time things will be different.

Archived