Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

Kassian is back on the top line with the Sedin twins. Scored a goal in the win over the Blackhawks last night.

and since Vancouver won, Kassian is now better than Hodgson... WHY DID WE TRADE HIM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I bet he had some hits too. Man Kassian is everything Hodgson is not. Stupid Darcy.

Listen. I still like the trade. We got the better player. But have any of you really watched hodgson in the defensive zone ? His shortcomings can't be brushed aside simply because he's been annointed our # 1 centre. Hopefully he grows into that side of the game. He's only 22 so there's that but if he doesn't improve on the defensive side of the puck terms like lazy will fit.

And as I say this he's made a couple of nice plays in the Sabres zone. One where he lifted a stick in the crease and saved a goal. I guess he's growing into it. :P

Edited by bunomatic

Listen. I still like the trade. We got the better player. But have any of you really watched hodgson in the defensive zone ? His shortcomings can't be brushed aside simply because he's been annointed our # 1 centre. Hopefully he grows into that side of the game. He's only 22 so there's that but if he doesn't improve on the defensive side of the puck terms like lazy will fit.

And as I say this he's made a couple of nice plays in the Sabres zone. One where he lifted a stick in the crease and saved a goal. I guess he's growing into it. :P

He will come around and learn. He's one of the hardest workers in hockey. They will build this team around Cody Hodgson.

And with that, DeLuca buys a club pack of tissues.

I'll buy those in a couple of years to pass out to some of the posters in this thread. ;)

He will come around and learn. He's one of the hardest workers in hockey. They will build this team around Cody Hodgson.

Right, because he works out with Gary Roberts. :doh:

Remember Gil Perreault in his his first couple of years? The only times he went in the defensive zone was to pick up the puck behind the net. Give the kid some time.

Wonder what the reaction would be if the trade was reversed and we traded Hodgson for Kassian and they were having the same years? Many would be blasting Regier for trading a potential No.1 center.

I'll buy those in a couple of years to pass out to some of the posters in this thread. ;)

Right, because he works out with Gary Roberts. :doh:

1. That's just silly. You're supposed to be rooting for Hodgson now. He's the one who plays for the Sabres.

2. He works hard on the ice, too. Watch him. But yeah, his offseason work is serious. He didn't have to play in Rochester this year, either. I suppose you'd prefer Myers's conditioning program?

I was as skeptical as you when this trade went down. I'm not anymore. Watch Hodgson without thinking of Kassian and tell me he's not a hard-working, talented player.

Not to make any excuses but.....

Hodgson is 2nd on the team in points/goals as a 22 year old who was playing against 3rd line talent in Vancouver. That his offense has carried over is a great sign. (He's on pace to get at least 25 goals and 35 assists this year were it 82 games.)

His back injury forced him to become a very hard worker, and seeing as his entire career hinges on keeping healthy enough to keep his body from having problems; I doubt he'll slack off. Plus he likely wants to make Gillis wrong about him being unable to turn into a #1.

The way I see it, if he can get to at least average ability in the D-zone he could really become a very good 1st line C or a great 2nd line C (granted we get someone who is an amazing 2 way C)

At the very least, I can see him replacing Roy's production while off the ice being a hard worker vs a partier.

1. That's just silly. You're supposed to be rooting for Hodgson now. He's the one who plays for the Sabres.

2. He works hard on the ice, too. Watch him. But yeah, his offseason work is serious. He didn't have to play in Rochester this year, either. I suppose you'd prefer Myers's conditioning program?

I was as skeptical as you when this trade went down. I'm not anymore. Watch Hodgson without thinking of Kassian and tell me he's not a hard-working, talented player.

Well said