Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

This is a premise I have wholeheartedly disagreed with. Considering the Sabres history, if both players max out their potential, Kassian a top-6 power forward and Hodgson a top-2 Center, fans will look back on this trade with regret. Even though in recent Sabres history they have been unable to fill the top two center positions, their has been even a longer drought of legit NHL power forwards on this roster.

One of these days I wish you'd start a thread and you could tell us exactly what the Sabres need to be, player by player. Because nothing ever seems to be good enough for you.

Just for the sake of discussion: who is more important to the Bruins: Bergeron or Lucic? Because those 2 IMHO represent the respective ceilings for Hodgson and Kassian.

IMHO it's Bergeron, but it would be great to have both.

Bergeron will get a lot of play because he was a warrior in the playoffs. The Bruins became a different team once Lucic emerged. I'd take Lucic.

A bit bandwagonish aye?

Successful teams tend to have more talented players and tend to play a better brand of hockey than the bottom feeders. It gives you perspective when the home town team spends a decade mired in irrelevancy.

Bergeron will get a lot of play because he was a warrior in the playoffs. The Bruins became a different team once Lucic emerged. I'd take Lucic.

Successful teams tend to have more talented players and tend to play a better brand of hockey than the bottom feeders. It gives you perspective when the home town team spends a decade mired in irrelevancy.

My point is you only like the best things from a number of teams. Too easy.

My point is you only like the best things from a number of teams. Too easy.

You mean I watch successful teams and put an emphasis on what those teams do that make those teams successful? I think the point should be why doesn't everyone. If your not looking to the successful teams and what they are doing to be successful then what are you comparing what the Sabres are doing to?

David Pagnotta@TheFourthPeriod 3h

Photo shoot with Cody Hodgson and #HusqvarnaCanada http://instagram.com/p/cXapCIrkmx/

685fe8b4f89a11e28f3922000ae90d55_7.jpg

Riding a lawnmower? Gary Roberts is a genius. How many calories does that burn?

You can play Bergeron 18-20 of the hardest minutes a night and he'll shut down the opposition while throwing up ~70 points.

Lucic is a great physical presence that can open up the ice and score. He slumps offensively sometimes, as do all power forwards.

Both are important but without Bergeron the Bs forwards would be much worse than without Lucic.

You mean I watch successful teams and put an emphasis on what those teams do that make those teams successful? I think the point should be why doesn't everyone. If you're not looking to the successful teams and what they are doing to be successful then what are you comparing what the Sabres are doing to?

It's fine to respect successful teams. Comparing absolutely everything about good teams to the Sabres is exhausting when you do it at every given chance. We're bad. Everyone knows. Teams that are better than us are in a better position to win. It's a pretty well known concept.

We're Sabres fans, though. Going out of your way to bash them constantly is needless.

Sorry for being so apathetic :mellow:

It's fine to respect successful teams. Comparing absolutely everything about good teams to the Sabres is exhausting when you do it at every given chance. We're bad. Everyone knows. Teams that are better than us are in a better position to win. It's a pretty well known concept.

We're Sabres fans, though. Going out of your way to bash them constantly is needless.

Sorry for being so apathetic :mellow:

It's sort of the point of a message board. To discuss where the Sabres where, where they are now and what they need do to get better. The Sabres are in one of the most dismal stretches in franchise history. I'm not Willy Wonka, I'm not here to candy coat things for you or anyone else. I post opinions based on my observations, as most do, I'll post positive when I see positive. I'm not going to ignore what i see in favor of some sugar coated wishful thinking.

Which does nothing but reinforce my belief that we should have taken Nichushkin.

Just for the sake of discussion: who is more important to the Bruins: Bergeron or Lucic? Because those 2 IMHO represent the respective ceilings for Hodgson and Kassian.

IMHO it's Bergeron, but it would be great to have both.

I agree with both of these posts.

It's sort of the point of a message board. To discuss where the Sabres where, where they are now and what they need do to get better. The Sabres are in one of the most dismal stretches in franchise history. I'm not Willy Wonka, I'm not here to candy coat things for you or anyone else. I post opinions based on my observations, as most do, I'll post positive when I see positive. I'm not going to ignore what i see in favor of some sugar coated wishful thinking.

I tend to agree with your way of thinking here. Until this team figures out what is wrong they can't fix it. Pointing out the negatives isn't the problem here. Pointing out the few positives on a dreadful team while ignoring the glaring problems is.

You're right. Not accentuating the negative is sugarcoating things.

The ironic part about all this is the fact that just last month you were sticking up for everybody who posts negative comments about Darcy in a selfish attempt to attack me. Gotta love them double standards.

Anyone else find this series of DeLuca posts amusing?

I got a chuckle out of it.