Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

Interesting? 2 points in the last 9 games and it looks likes many have forgotten this thread existed. Is it because old CoHo's disappearance down the stretch this season is a reminder of his disappearance last season?

Over time this is going to end up being one my all time favorite threads. :w00t:

When you like what you like, go out and like it. Don't let anyone tell you what to think, DeLuca! You gotta do you!

We'd be deeper than Elmira though.

Barely. Maybe.

Hodgson hasn't become worse, he's just cold because quite frankly our team is cold aside from Ott every night aside from the occasion flash fire.

He still has shown the ability to make amazing passes and pull dekes, I just think without a average+ Vanek playing and his other winger not being "better" than him, he's getting almost too much attention to work his magic. I doubt it helps though that Vanek's a downer and may be getting in his head negative thoughts.

He's not being carried by Vanek & Pominville is closer to the truth.

Luke Adam was carried by Vanek and Pominville.

Hodgson's stats may have been padded by them, but his play (at least in the offensive zone) was very good prior to the past 10 games or so.

Nor do I.

Hmm...

I definitely thought it was the case against Montreal (of course he wasn't alone) and I think the other one was Ottawa.

I'll have to watch him closely the next few games.

And to be clear, I am a Cody fan and thought he worked has ass off earlier in the year.

Hmm...

I definitely thought it was the case against Montreal (of course he wasn't alone) and I think the other one was Ottawa.

I'll have to watch him closely the next few games.

And to be clear, I am a Cody fan and thought he worked has ass off earlier in the year.

He's probably working just as hard.

Because there is no top 6 in Buffalo. He's the only center opponents really need to shut down.

Ideally he'd be anchoring a 2nd line.

We just don't have that kind of talent yet.

Cody, 1G 1A in the last 10

Zack, 1G 1A in the last 20

Try Harder Deluca.

There is no need to "try" at all.

Hodgson is a one dimensional player that when he is not scoring, which is often. brings nothing else to the rink. Kassian being a physical player that brings more to rink will, over time, mature into the big physical winger the Sabre fans have always begged for. Hodgson is a lot like Drew Stafford as I have said. Three or four years from now Hodgson will look pretty the same as he is now.

Hodgson is a one dimensional player that when he is not scoring, which is often. brings nothing else to the rink. Kassian being a physical player that brings more to rink will, over time, mature into the big physical winger the Sabre fans have always begged for. Hodgson is a lot like Drew Stafford as I have said. Three or four years from now Hodgson will look pretty the same as he is now.

A guy that plays 1st, 2nd, 3rd line, PK, and PP with a fairly even number of zone starts is one dimensional?

All I can say is that the Sabres need more one dimensional centers.

Edited by X. Benedict

Nah, don't agree at all. They are both young with good skills and huge upside, Cody has more upside IMHO. I didn't like the trade at first because I liked what Zack brought, but now I think it was a steal for Buffalo.

The second paragraph is at least an attempt at explanation, no matter how flawed (as X points out). This is trying harder. You had do better than point out a scoring slump, and you TRIED to do just that. Good job.

A guy that plays 1st, 2nd, 3rd line, PK, and PP with a fairly even number of zone starts is one dimensional?

All I can say is that the Sabres need more one dimensional centers.

He's not thrown out there because he is proficient at it. He's a high profile prospect who get's tossed out there because the Sabres don't have anyone else.

If I follow your logic: he's at the same time one-dimensional, but more multi-dimensional than anyone else.

Hodgson has some offensive talent, on a team starving for any talent they can scrap up. They are forced to use to him in situations they otherwise wouldn't because the overall talent level on this team is so piss poor. On a team with decent top six talent Hodgson get's relegated to third/fourth line duty and some PP time. It's similar to the Stevie Johnson is a #1 receiver argument. The Bills have little talent at the wide-out position so Johnson is the default #1 where his talent level is at more as a 3rd option type receiver that can occasionally step into the #2 spot.

It's a common problem on teams in the Sabres position, they are forced to put players in certain positions they wouldn't normally if they have a better pool of talent to work with.

Hodgson has some offensive talent, on a team starving for any talent they can scrap up. They are forced to use to him in situations they otherwise wouldn't because the overall talent level on this team is so piss poor. On a team with decent top six talent Hodgson get's relegated to third/fourth line duty and some PP time. It's similar to the Stevie Johnson is a #1 receiver argument. The Bills have little talent at the wide-out position so Johnson is the default #1 where his talent level is at more as a 3rd option type receiver that can occasionally step into the #2 spot.

It's a common problem on teams in the Sabres position, they are forced to put players in certain positions they wouldn't normally if they have a better pool of talent to work with.

I don't think you have the slightest idea how to evaluate talent.

Hodgson might get relegated to the third line on a team with more talent, but that's partly a result of his inexperience. He would grow into a #1 or #2 center on any team.

Watch his skates and his hands. This kid has it.

I don't think you have the slightest idea how to evaluate talent.

Hodgson might get relegated to the third line on a team with more talent, but that's partly a result of his inexperience. He would grow into a #1 or #2 center on any team.

Watch his skates and his hands. This kid has it.

Similar things to what I read a couple of years ago about Tim Connolly & Drew Stafford.

Looks as if I am ahead of the curve again.