Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

Are you on the first matter what. I mean we had a thing but that's alright that's all I tell her now. I didn't know how to do stuff so what's going to Hemingway Aston how to stuff and I wanted to work and feel like it idiot because I didn't know how to do it you know.

That's Siri for ya. Unedited. We all care or we wouldn't be here.

Haha. I was reading that and I'm thinking you are blitzed out of your mind or foreign hackers broke in to your account.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a bit more on this: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=679527

Kassian started last season on the top line with Henrik Sedin and Daniel Sedin, but managed two goals in his final 36 games. He was bothered by back pain, was demoted to the fourth line, ended up in the American Hockey League (reportedly in part for discipline), and did not have a point in a four-game, first-round loss to the San Jose Sharks in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The jury's still out (and will be for at least another couple of seasons), but he certainly hasn't shown much yet.

• 4 months later...

I was wondering if any one was going to say something. Kassian had his best game of the season last night. 18 minutes, 1 goal, 1 assist, 6 hits and the #1 star against one of the best teams in hockey.

Because of one good game?

Past two seasons:

Kassian 78GP 15G 7A 22P

Hodgson 81GP 23G 30A 53P

They made the trade to get more of an offensive talent. They got that (especially when you consider the relative level offensive talent around each player.) Neither one has reached their high-end potential; both are still developing.

Edited by carpandean

Because of one good game?

Past two seasons:

Kassian 78GP 15G 7A 22P

Hodgson 81GP 23G 30A 53P

They made the trade to get more of an offensive talent. They got that (especially when you consider the relative level offensive talent around each player.) Neither one has reached their high-end potential; both are still developing.

Hodgson will always get his points. What has been highlighted this season is his laziness. He has been far from the player many thought the Sabres were getting. Kassian is filling his role on the Canucks very nicely, he is starting to produce more and is becoming a bit more consistent.

One thing for sure is those that declared the Sabres the winner of this trade were extremely premature.

Hodgson will always get his points. What has been highlighted this season is his laziness. He has been far from the player many thought the Sabres were getting. Kassian is filling his role on the Canucks very nicely, he is starting to produce more and is becoming a bit more consistent.

One thing for sure is those that declared the Sabres the winner of this trade were extremely premature.

Really? This isnt even a question. CoHo is the better player. Will be the better player and we most definitely won this trade. We also got what we needed more of and that scoring line center. Also Foligno does everything Kassian does and he does it better and not dirty.

Hodgson will always get his points. What has been highlighted this season is his laziness.

Read all of the threads (on Canucks' or league-wide message boards) about Kassian before the New Years, going back for the last year and half, and they say the same thing about him ... only without the points (and, no, he didn't bring much of a physical game either.) He's put together a few good games.

Personally, I thought it was "a hockey trade" in which both teams got something they wanted. I also felt that both sides were trading and acquiring potential, rather than proven talent.

Regardless, they're not going to re-hire Darcy just so that they can fire him over it, so it's nothing more than a novelty question now.

Edited by carpandean

Exactly. How could the Sabres win a trade if the player we get back instantly becomes a Sabre?

...this was seriously bumped because of a single good game, at a time where reports are flying around that we finally have a new GM? Yeesh.

I can't call what Kassian had a good game. Clearly his 6 hits demonstrated that the Penguins had much more possession of the puck when Kassian was on the ice. He also missed his attempt in the shootout, when his team needed him most for the win. A lazy player that pads his terrible stats in a loss is exactly the kind of player that buf needs :rolleyes: