Brad Marchard is a Punk

plenzmd1

So because he said Buffalo is the worst place to play. He's a punk? If Vanek or Myers said Boston is the worst place to play in the nhl would they be punks?

To much class in both those guys for them to ever say something like that. They were both raised properly.

that kid from the world juniors tournament, lupul, marchand -- it's sorta old hat for hockey players to say that buffalo is the arm pit of the nhl.

whatever.

(i will admit that when touchdown tommy brady gratuitously took a crap on buffalo during the superbowl media week, i took the matter entirely differently -- sh!t was on like donkey kong.)

First of all, his owner is from Buffalo. Second of all, he is a punk on the ice (just like Kaleta is for most teams). Third of all, yes, he is a punk for saying that as he does not have the faintest clue about this city so it's pure ignorance once again.

Except Kaleta doesn't hack the back of players' knees when they're turned the other way or try and take out players at the knees with a cross body block ....

Except Kaleta doesn't hack the back of players' knees when they're turned the other way or try and take out players at the knees with a cross body block ....

That hacking of players is on the players he hacks. They should have some self respect and react instead they curl up and asking mommy for a glass of warm milk. Marchand has gone unpunished for his transgressions. I fully expect them to continue.

No, he just slewfoots them, turtles, clings on for dear life and drives the back of the guy's head to the ice with his forearm, and attempts trash talking with the vocabulary of a 10th grade, lego-lovin carnie worker.

It's a non-issue. If some no-name said this, no one would care.

Frankly, if I were holed up in downtown Buffalo for a few days in the middle of a crappy winter, I'd have the same opinion. Downtown Buffalo is boring and dangerous.

No, he just slewfoots them, turtles, clings on for dear life and drives the back of the guy's head to the ice with his forearm, and attempts trash talking with the vocabulary of a 10th grade, lego-lovin carnie worker.

You are like sunshine in a grey sky. i officially have a man-crush. I want to be the lamb from your avatar (to your lion, of course)

Yea but he is our slewfooting, turtle-clinging, pile driving back of the head low grade vocabulary guy.

All these NHL'ers see is the grungy drive from the airport, down the Kensington, into downtown Buffalo. There are no palm trees, or impressive sky scrapers, or tons of cool clubs, 5 star hotels or fancy restaurants, etc.. It's just gray, cold Buffalo. We love it because it's a family city and most of us probably were born and raised out in the 'burbs. So we got the benefit of nice suburbs and the city life.

Really, the only thing that pisses me off about his comments are that many of these guys are born and raised in small, working class towns in Ontario, Alberta, Quebec, etc.. Buffalo is Shangrai-La compared to many of those places. Marchand should feel priviledged to play in the league and just duck questions like this or answer with some class. He could be on a crappy bus from Barrie to Sudbury.

Frankly, if I were holed up in downtown Buffalo for a few days in the middle of a crappy winter, I'd have the same opinion. Downtown Buffalo is boring and dangerous.

Oh, come on. The Bruins will be here for less than 24 hours, and there's enough to keep them occupied for that length of time. And it's only dangerous at 3am. EVERYWHERE is dangerous at 3am.

All these NHL'ers see is the grungy drive from the airport, down the Kensington, into downtown Buffalo. There are no palm trees, or impressive sky scrapers, or tons of cool clubs, 5 star hotels or fancy restaurants, etc.. It's just gray, cold Buffalo. We love it because it's a family city and most of us probably were born and raised out in the 'burbs. So we got the benefit of nice suburbs and the city life.

Really, the only thing that pisses me off about his comments are that many of these guys are born and raised in small, working class towns in Ontario, Alberta, Quebec, etc.. Buffalo is Shangrai-La compared to many of those places. Marchand should feel priviledged to play in the league and just duck questions like this or with some class. He could be on a crappy bus from Barrie to Sudbury.

You should see the drive from Logan to the arena area in Boston. You get one hell of a look at tunnel walls. Then there's Denver. Unless they fly into a completely different airport, the main Denver airport is like an hour outside of the city. The "view on the ride to the arena" angle is overplayed. There are tons of negatives out there. Buffalo's reputation goes far beyond that. For years we've been the place that is fun to pick on. Some of it is well earned, but most is nothing more than a bunch of sheep following the heard.

What hotel are you staying at? Other than the area off the 190 immediately south of downtown that needs a fleet of bulldozers, Buffalo is about as safe as it gets.

Brad Marchand is a punk and apparently Tyler Segiun's BFF. The matching tattoos are just wonderful though, and all the men in the crowd seem to love them as well. Could this picture get any gayer?

post-330-0-61845400-1330030999_thumb.jpg

boring and dangerous. that is quite a trick.

i get that it's a bit of a sleepy (boring) town to visit. but dangerous? not so much. (and, yes, i realize that the chippewa district has thrown off the odd gunplay incident of late (especially at new years eve), but, as noted, that stuff is happening at odd hours, when nothing good happens.)

It's not just his upbringing. He's still here (probably seasonally though).

i saw him at a fundraiser for his nephew (???), who is now the county clerk. he gives off such a weird vibe.

What hotel are you staying at? Other than the area off the 190 immediately south of downtown that needs a fleet of bulldozers, Buffalo is about as safe as it gets.

i can tell you the one that just about every nhl team stays at now -- it's the embassy suites on delaware avenue.

what area specifically are you referring to korab? just curious. it's a mixed bag out that way.

Don't know how often you get downtown, but I never feel safe outside down there. Either from old buildings ready to drop things on your head, stupid drivers, or crack-heads/petty thieves/punks. I'm sure the big, tough guys among us think nothing of it, though.

Really, I'm getting arguments from people who don't even live here? Any of you ever work and live in downtown Buffalo?

Archived