Brad Marchard is a Punk

plenzmd1

I dont think DT is dangerous either... maybe i live in fantasy land but i used to walk home from chippewa (living at buff state) and i never got myself into any trouble... I always thought that i would get in a fight or get mugged but i dont think that area of the city is very rough

I agree Downtown Buffalo might be boring (unless you like going out to drink), but I would not consider Downtown Buffalo dangerous, fact is that the area where FNC and Coca Cola Field are located is one of the safest areas in the city. Going to Hockey games, Baseball games or Downtown events with my daughters while they were growing up, I was really never concerned for their safety.

I don't know, I did get hit by a car one year when walking between the rink and the ball park after a Sabres home opener. It was a pretty funny experience though.

It's Nova Scotia. With all due respect to our one poster from that province, well, there's a reason why Trailer Park Boys is set where it is.

Really. Eleven, I'm surprised this is coming from you. You do realize that Trailer Park Boys is made up, the characters are made up, the setting is made up. Sure, parts of NS is kind of hick, but that is part of it's charm.

And I'm not the only poster from NS. I had a nice conversation with a fellow poster a while ago. Nice guy and is in a very nice part of the province. The other (the one I know of ... there may be others ... for all we know Aud Smell may actually be here too) NS poster does not post often.

Really. Eleven, I'm surprised this is coming from you. You do realize that Trailer Park Boys is made up, the characters are made up, the setting is made up. Sure, parts of NS is kind of hick, but that is part of it's charm.

And I'm not the only poster from NS. I had a nice conversation with a fellow poster a while ago. Nice guy and is in a very nice part of the province. The other (the one I know of ... there may be others ... for all we know Aud Smell may actually be her too)NS poster does not post often.

I think Eleven was being sarcastic. ;)

I'm sure there won't be a warning.

Like in the NHL when there appears to be different Shanny standards for different players.

I just wanted to apologize to the board, the mods and Scott for my comment above.

I believe the mods do a good job keeping the board civil. The fact is I am in no position to judge what is an offence and do not know if any other poster is warned or not. That is up to the mods and Scott to decide and only they and the posters know of their warning status.

This started with a comment from Korab. For those new members, or those not aware, Korab and I have a history on the board. One that I am not proud of and have apologized for to the board and to him in private. He still seems to want to carry a grudge, which is up to him.

I think Eleven was being sarcastic. ;)

Maybe so, but he knows I was not in a good mood after some of the comments earlier in this thread. If nothing else, his timing was ######.

I just wanted to apologize to the board, the mods and Scott for my comment above.

I believe the mods do a good job keeping the board civil. The fact is I am in no position to judge what is an offence and do not know if any other poster is warned or not. That is up to the mods and Scott to decide and only they and the posters know of their warning status.

This started with a comment from Korab. For those new members, or those not aware, Korab and I have a history on the board. One that I am not proud of and have apologized for to the board and to him in private. He still seems to want to carry a grudge, which is up to him.

Maybe so, but he knows I was not in a good mood after some of the comments earlier in this thread. If nothing else, his timing was ######.

It's because I was using Lahey's ###### clock.

Downtown Buffalo is far from dangerous. You want dangerous in a big touristy city...

Two summers ago on the way back from a beach vacation we stopped for the night in DC by Reagan Airport. My daughters friend who was traveling with us had never seen the monuments, so I thought It would be cool to at least see the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial. I'm not sure of the station name, but got off at mid-mall(it was dark by now), walked along a deserted street that runs parallel to the mall, and then once we crossed onto the mall it was pitch black. I mean you couldn't see the person next to you.

Talk about not feeling safe!

We turned around, went back to the subway, and headed for the hotel.

Downtown Buffalo is far from dangerous. You want dangerous in a big touristy city...

Two summers ago on the way back from a beach vacation we stopped for the night in DC by Reagan Airport. My daughters friend who was traveling with us had never seen the monuments, so I thought It would be cool to at least see the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial. I'm not sure of the station name, but got off at mid-mall(it was dark by now), walked along a deserted street that runs parallel to the mall, and then once we crossed onto the mall it was pitch black. I mean you couldn't see the person next to you.

Or how about the dangers here in Boston. I was just nearly plowed over by a car who didn't feel the need to stop at light that had been red for at least 20 seconds. A lot of other dangers can be anticipated. I don't know how you predict whether or not random drivers will ignore lights (which seems to be nearly 25% of drivers around here).

DC's mall region is pretty safe. morning, noon or night.. I've been there at all hours and have never, ever felt unsafe.. I travel into DC regularly and can certainly identify some areas I would stay clear of, but the DC mall isn't one of them.

Having said that, I guess in reality anyone can be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Now Baltimore, just a few blocks off the Inner Harbor really does turn into the killing fields.

There's a whole thing called "Night Monumenting" (or there was, not sure what the kids are calling it now). IIRC, the idea was you went out on a nice night and drank a beer/drink at each of a set of monuments. It usually involved 'several', so it carried on into the night.

But, don't get too far off the mall into SW, SE, or NE. There are some nice neighborhoods in those areas, but some really bad ones. Really, really not SE, there's not much reason to go there (Caveat, that's before the Nationals Stadium went in).

There's a whole thing called "Night Monumenting" (or there was, not sure what the kids are calling it now). IIRC, the idea was you went out on a nice night and drank a beer/drink at each of a set of monuments. It usually involved 'several', so it carried on into the night.

But, don't get too far off the mall into SW, SE, or NE. There are some nice neighborhoods in those areas, but some really bad ones. Really, really not SE, there's not much reason to go there (Caveat, that's before the Nationals Stadium went in).

Not to turn ths into a tourist blog, but i lived in the District for close to 15 years, and DC is as safe as any where else, especially the whole Mall area. Like every major city, so called bad areas are becoming more gentrified by the minute. the Atlas Dstrict in DC north of Union Station was for years a wasteland, but in last 5 years has become one of the hipper places to be. The U st. Corridor and Penn Qtr were rough in the late 80 s, but great places now. Harlem is now hip and cool in NYC.

Now, I would not be caught dead in all the red neck bars alng RT 1 from Alexandria to Fredricksburg to Richmond...country boys with guns drinking their fill of Bud Light...steer me clear LoL.

my guess is that for folks who hae never actually lived in urban envirnoment, lots of paces look scary..and i get that. But , you are mising out on a lot. Downtown Buffalo scary...really..wow

Not to turn ths into a tourist blog, but i lived in the District for close to 15 years, and DC is as safe as any where else, especially the whole Mall area. Like every major city, so called bad areas are becoming more gentrified by the minute. the Atlas Dstrict in DC north of Union Station was for years a wasteland, but in last 5 years has become one of the hipper places to be. The U st. Corridor and Penn Qtr were rough in the late 80 s, but great places now. Harlem is now hip and cool in NYC.

Coincidentally, five years ago is right when I moved. :-)

Archived