Brad Marchard is a Punk

plenzmd1

You can respond to one of your guys getting hit by laying an equally good hit. It's a different matter to respond by cross checking the guy who did the hitting in the back while he skates away. As a fan, I'd take no pride in seeing Kaleta sucker punch Boychuck after the Vanek hit. I would however love to see him lay him out with a clean check. You don't need to be Bruins/Flyers dirty to send a strong message.

You can respond to one of your guys getting hit by laying an equally good hit. It's a different matter to respond by cross checking the guy who did the hitting in the back while he skates away. As a fan, I'd take no pride in seeing Kaleta sucker punch Boychuck after the Vanek hit. I would however love to see him lay him out with a clean check. You don't need to be Bruins/Flyers dirty to send a strong message.

Amen. If your guy gets hit with a clean hit and you go and take a penalty then it accomplishes two things for the opposition. If you instead go out and nail one of their guys with a clean hit then it negates their work (barring the injury/impact of the hit to the player) and gets your team back in it. You still send a great message and you offer them the opportunity to come after you and perhaps get an extra 2:00.

It's so bizarre seeing what Bruins fans say about the officiating and Shanahan. Complete opposite of what we see. They actually think it's other teams' players getting away with dirty hits and think the league is targeting them. How crazy is that?

It's so bizarre seeing what Bruins fans say about the officiating and Shanahan. Complete opposite of what we see. They actually think it's other teams' players getting away with dirty hits and think the league is targeting them. How crazy is that?

Not crazy at all, Flyers fans have been crying about this for as long as I can remember too, regardless how dirty their team plays.

Archived