GDT: Buffalo vs. Philadelphia (2/16/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

Because Pegula's a ###### idiot, that's why. And that's all I was saying when your buddy DR HOLLIDAY vultured me.

We've lived thorugh a banckruptcy, watched two of the best Sabres of all time walk out on July 1 because ownership was too cheap to pay. I'll not give TP too much ###### because the guy has us spending to the cap. Darcy f*cked up. He just has to figure out how to let him go now.

Yes, I do. You don't think the beat reporter for the team's flagship station has no clue what is going on or has no more inside information than the fans? Really?

I guarantee you he has no knowledge of who will be GM or behind the bench NEXT season. Anyone he is talking to will either not share that information, or doesn't know. I doubt few people know what Pegula is really thinking.

We've lived thorugh a banckruptcy, watched two of the best Sabres of all time walk out on July 1 because ownership was too cheap to pay. I'll not give TP too much ###### because the guy has us spending to the cap. Darcy f*cked up. He just has to figure out how to let him go now.

What he has to do is actually harder than that. He needs to take his fat shoe out of his mouth and walk back his statements that neither Darcy nor Lindy were "goin' anywhere". Obviously Paul Hamilton knows something that he's none too shy to share with the rest of us about how unwilling Pegula in fact IS about walking those statements back...and that's maddening.

Obviously Paul Hamilton knows something that he's none too shy to share with the rest of us about how unwilling Pegula in fact IS about walking those statements back...and that's maddening.

It's not obvious. He's making a guess. In fact, I'd go so far as to say Pegula has no idea what he's going to do right now. If this season is indicative of anything, it's that Pegula doesn't know what to do.

I guarantee you he has no knowledge of who will be GM or behind the bench NEXT season. Anyone he is talking to will either not share that information, or doesn't know. I doubt few people know what Pegula is really thinking.

I don't think anyone can truly know what is going on in Pegula's head. But I guarantee that someone knows which way he is leaning or what the chatter is around the F'n C, so I am not going to completely dismiss what Hamilton has heard from his sources around the club simply because "Pegula and Black are new to him".

What he has to do is actually harder than that. He needs to take his fat shoe out of his mouth and walk back his statements that neither Darcy nor Lindy were "goin' anywhere". Obviously Paul Hamilton knows something that he's none too shy to share with the rest of us about how unwilling Pegula in fact IS about walking those statements back...and that's maddening.

To be fair he never said that about Darcy. He only said that about Lindy. Darcy was already signed before he bought the team.

I don't think anyone can truly know what is going on in Pegula's head. But I guarantee that someone knows which way he is leaning or what the chatter is around the F'n C, so I am not going to completely dismiss what Hamilton has heard from his sources around the club simply because "Pegula and Black are new to him".

It just seems dumb for Hamilton to say what he said about both Lindy and Darcy being here in October if he didn't actually know that was what Pegula and Black had in mind....

It's not obvious. He's making a guess. In fact, I'd go so far as to say Pegula has no idea what he's going to do right now. If this season is indicative of anything, it's that Pegula doesn't know what to do.

I'm betting it is a rather informed guess. I am sure he gets "off the record" info regularly that he can't disclose. This comment could have been the result of an off the cuff remark by Black or something. IMO if Hamilton sez it on the air it means he has info he feels is credible.

i want them to keep lindy just to spite these gutless losers bringing shame to the sabres uniform.

Not me. He's been joined at the hip with Darcy for 15 years and I just can give him a free pass on this team's make-up. They've stayed together 15 years, he has to have influence on what is here. I just can't believe otherwise. If not, and he's "so well respected in the league" , why wouldn't he have moved on if he thinks Darcy doesn't know what he's doing? It makes no logical sense otherwise!

You are contradicting yourself. No one knows what's going on in Pegula's head, but you can't dismiss "sources"?

Hamilton is guessing. Hamilton doesn't have a hot-line to Pegula's office, does not act as Pegula's therapist, and has not had a private, candid audience with Pegula. Hamilton is going on precedence. Anyone who knows right now what the plans are for NEXT SEASON, is not going to say anything, especially to a reporter. I doubt, though, that there are any concrete plans in place as it is, so saying what he said with such certainty was wrong to do. HE. DOES. NOT. KNOW.

I'd say that Hamilton is reporting exactly what he's being told. Pegula is being a good owner insofar as when he's asked, he sticks up for the guys in his fold.

That said, I'd also think that there's probably only one guy other than Pegula himself (Black) who has any real idea of what Pegula is truly thinking vis-a-vis GM or coaching changes.

I still think there's a very good chance Darcy will be out next season, probably via some consensual, amicable resignation/payout.

I'm betting it is a rather informed guess. I am sure he gets "off the record" info regularly that he can't disclose. This comment could have been the result of an off the cuff remark by Black or something. IMO if Hamilton sez it on the air it means he has info he feels is credible.

There hasn't been a reason to doubt Hamsammich yet. I didn't hear what he said tonight, though.

So I didn't catch any of the game, which appears to be a good thing. Was Enroth at fault and deserve to be pulled or was he more a victim of a mess in front of him?

Yes.

Hamilton may be guessing, but as weave said, it's probably a pretty educated guess. Now, an actual bottom-five finish hurts way more than hypothetically saying "I don't care if we finish bottom-five, nobody is fired!" so it's possible that Pegula reaches a breaking point going through this. But Hamilton has said it with such conviction, I'd be really surprised if he was just pulling things out of his ass.

It just seems dumb for Hamilton to say what he said about both Lindy and Darcy being here in October if he didn't actually know that was what Pegula and Black had in mind....

Funny. Sometimes people here will dismiss Hamilton's comments/insight for whatever reasons, but this time he must surely have inside knowledge. Please, folks, Hamilton has admitted in the past, recent past, that he speculates. He has to, it's part of his job. He's wrong to say it without qualifying it.

If he were to say he is speculating that either Ruff or Regeir will not be here next season, then I'd have no problem with that.

Is there a tipping point for Pegula ? Does this guy have the patience of a sloth or at some point in time does he just lose it ? A couple of months ago he made a remark to the media that his daughter could play better goal than Miller. Was that close to being his breaking point or not ? We've fallen a lot further into the abyss since then and not a peep. I'm hoping he starts throwing things real soon because its beginning to seem like no one in this management cares about this clusterfukc.

You are contradicting yourself. No one knows what's going on in Pegula's head, but you can't dismiss "sources"?

Hamilton is guessing. Hamilton doesn't have a hot-line to Pegula's office, does not act as Pegula's therapist, and has not had a private, candid audience with Pegula. Hamilton is going on precedence. Anyone who knows right now what the plans are for NEXT SEASON, is not going to say anything, especially to a reporter. I doubt, though, that there are any concrete plans in place as it is, so saying what he said with such certainty was wrong to do. HE. DOES. NOT. KNOW.

I'm not contradicting myself. Hamilton is using his sources to put together the story the best way he can. Short of being a mind reader (hence the "no one truly knows what is going on in Pegula's head" comment) that is what reporters do. Use sources to piece together a story. You want to call it a guess, fine. It's an educated guess based on what his sources are telling him.

I'll just go out on a limb here and say who gives a ###### what Hamilton thinks he knows? Can't you people form your own thoughts?

Sure can, but most of us don't have the benefit of being around the F'n C every day and talking to players, staff, etc and learning about what's going on behind the scenes - who is meeting with who, what the "water cooler chatter" (for lack of a better term) is, etc.

Is there a tipping point for Pegula ? Does this guy have the patience of a sloth or at some point in time does he just lose it ? A couple of months ago he made a remark to the media that his daughter could play better goal than Miller. Was that close to being his breaking point or not ? We've fallen a lot further into the abyss since then and not a peep. I'm hoping he starts throwing things real soon because its beginning to seem like no one in this management cares about this clusterfukc.

If you put the facts of this season together, the only real conclusion is indecision at the helm. Therefore, to suggest the future is certain, is folly of the most uncertain kind.

I'm curious ... if this isn't it ... then what DO hockey players look like when they want their head coach fired?

All but four or five Sabres completely mailed it in tonight, and made it blatant after Lindy finally lost his cool with them on the bench that they don't care. I wanna see so many people gone right now it's not funny.

This is what ateam looks like when they quit on their coach. Another proof is how well they played (not because of Patrick but Lindy's absense), when he was not behind the bench.

This game tonight went to the crapper at the start of the second. If you noticed, this also coinsides with the d-pairing scramble. Myers and Ehrhoff started off as bad as possible. Talbot owned Myers on that first shift. What does Ruff do? Puts Myers and Sekera together, leaving Weber to play with Leopold. These two may make the worst pair in known history. Leo watched th second goal go in. What does Lindy do? puts him back out there on the next shift. The Defense are in pairs for a reason. They are not reffered to as Right or Left D. These guys are not interchangable as much as Ruff wants them to be.

Archived