GDT: Buffalo vs. Philadelphia (2/16/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

Not saying that he should be tearing it up, but in terms of prospects to keep and build a team around, he isnt that high on my list. I'm not too sure on his potential, but besides a fight or two that toughness label i hear about isn't there. I certainly wouldn't mind keeping him, but he isn't that valuable to me. The list should be something like Myers, Vanek or Pommer, McNabb.

i saw him play with other guys his own age (amerks) a few weeks ago and he looks like a future all-star. oh and he's also not a ######. i say we keep him.

There's just no place on this team for a 50 goal scorer.

If you're referring to Nash, he's not a 50 goal scorer. And with the current condition of this team, I think the last thing we want is another long-term, expensive contract for questionable performance.

It's an old conversation that went over your head.

The question is why would you pick him to protect from a trade? He's a 20 year old kid that was in juniors last year...

oh so sorry 11 that i disagree with you, or am i not entitled to my own opinion? i'm willing to give a 20 yr old kid with less than 2 dozen games a little more time, no? that's a really bad idea to you? really?

i saw him play with other guys his own age (amerks) a few weeks ago and he looks like a future all-star. oh and he's also not a ######. i say we keep him.

Not a ...? And I'm not saying he sucks and I want to get rid of him. If he was in a "package"(haha i used that word) to get a center or improve our team in another way, I wouldnt be upset. It would be cool to see how he plays for us in a few years. But he is, in my book, not untouchable at all.

Looks like it isn't going to happen this year, Swamp. Maybe Malkin or Stamkos, but that's a maybe.

If it did, and we were in the market for that player, I'm sure we would hear plenty of reasons why we shouldn't get said player because he would; be a locker room cancer, mortgage our future, wouldn't fit in Lindy's system,.. :sick: .

oh so sorry 11 that i disagree with you, or am i not entitled to my own opinion? i'm willing to give a 20 yr old kid with less than 2 dozen games a little more time, no? that's a really bad idea to you? really?

It's a question. Answer it or don't, but don't be a jackass.

All but four or five Sabres completely mailed it in tonight, and made it blatant after Lindy finally lost his cool with them on the bench that they don't care. I wanna see so many people gone right now it's not funny.

It's a pitiful crew of Caspar Milquetoast impersonators. I think I saw Darcy, Lindy, and 90% of the rest of the team line up and hand over tomorrow's lunch money to the Flyers on their way off the ice.

I sense more of a spirit of passion and intensity from the employees at the DMV.

BUT .... at least there is hope. In Pegula I trust, at least for awhile.

If you're referring to Nash, he's not a 50 goal scorer. And with the current condition of this team, I think the last thing we want is another long-term, expensive contract for questionable performance.

I feel like this has been beaten to death, but although Kassian isn't soft, he isn't the guy most fans want him to be (at least not yet).

Correct on both counts.

NO ONE, to me, is worth saving if it means an actual improvement. However, if Regier is making these decisions, the Sabres are doomed. DOOMED. This is the team Regier built - we see what his "skills" and "wisdom" bring to the organization.

I said it a while ago, and other people said it before and since: the first one who needs to go must absolutely be Darcy Regier.

It's a pitiful crew of Caspar Milquetoast impersonators. I think I saw Darcy, Lindy, and 90% of the rest of the team line up and hand over tomorrow's lunch money to the Flyers on their way off the ice.

I sense more of a spirit of passion and intensity from the employees at the DMV.

BUT .... at least there is hope. In Pegula I trust, at least for awhile.

I don't. He's a boob. Came in here crying and now has all of US crying because he's in love with some phantom team that does not exist. I bet the old jackass thinks Gilbert Perrault is still on the ###### team. ###### Pegula.

real classy post....... :rolleyes:

Hmmmm...I don't think I can disagree with it, or the tenor of it. I'm just as disappointed in Pegula - I've lost all empathy for, and "faith" in, the guy. No one in their right mind let's a business sink this low.

Oh, and Sylvester is impossible to listen to...

I don't. He's a boob. Came in here crying and now has all of US crying because he's in love with some phantom team that does not exist. I bet the old jackass thinks Gilbert Perrault is still on the ###### team. ###### Pegula.

I think it's 80/20 Darcy will be out during the off-season, which might mean that we don't see much action before the trade deadline.

I do think that with what Pegula has shown (emotionally and $-wise, overpaying for the team then immediately spending to the cap), the GM position here will be a popular position with a lot of quality people to choose from - unlike the GM position of a certain other team in town.

Archived