GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 1/31/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

As opposed to the guy who has been playing in Canada for the past few years, dominating. You dont want him bc he was born in Russia?

I'll take him, or whatever else is good i the lottery picks.

Chicago (2003-2007), Pittsburgh (2001-2006), Boston (2005-2007) all hit rock bottom and built their Stanley Cup teams up from there. Our problem might be that we never hit rock bottom.

But to the topic at hand, I really really really dislike the Habs, their fans, and all the souls that formerly played or cheered for them. There is a special circle in the inferno just for them, I'm sure.

You're entitled to your preferences, but seeing a game in the Bell Centre is really a great hockey experience.

You're entitled to your preferences, but seeing a game in the Bell Centre is really a great hockey experience.

With my wife being from Montreal I remember fondly the parking lot formerly known as The Forum.

And I am a Habs fan, just a bigger Sabres fan. Hoping for a win tonight, but on the other hand I wouldn't want to jeopardize our chances at landing that stud center from Canada with out first pick in this years draft. It's a real rock and hard place situation for me.

Maybe you do but I'll take the best North American Center, preferably from Wester Canada.

Any pick but #1, I'll take a center (but I'll take the best available, no preference on where they're from). But I'm not gonna pass up a dude who by most accounts is far and away the best player and most NHL-ready player available. Granted, I'm no expert on this year's draft class, but from what i've read/heard, Nail is the way to go with the #1 pick.

Its the French TSN in Canada I believe

Oui, oui monsieur.

Nice. I would have loved to have seen a game at the Forum. And Montreal is a great city to ease the pain of in-law visits.

In my mind there is nothing like a game at The Forum ... all the history ...

Montreal is a great city, so much to see and do ... never had time for the out-laws, I mean in-laws :thumbsup: . Although time has eased the family squables and we are actually planning to visit my mother-in-law this Spring, although she is no longer in Montreal ... near Ottawa, which is close enough to see friends in Montreal, as well.

My point is Montreal is a fast team, not a hitting one. LR usually dresses the faster guys for these games.

Well watching Montreal on CI last few games before the break they were playing both an uptempo and physical game. With the league perceived softness of the sabres real or imagined I would expect any team we play to play us physical till the sabres show they will not wilt under that pressure. Hope that doesn't take Lindy by surprise.

I'd like to see Ennis start a healthy and productive last 2 months of the season tonight. The Sabres' offense needs a spark, and he has dynamic potential.

Sorry do not know what you have been watching but from games I have seen it's going to take a blow torch to light a fire under this groups collective arse's. :P

Also lets not forgot Lindy's ephinany just before the last game (NJ) where he stated he is in lock down defense first mode to win some ugly games vs. the just losing ugly. I aree anything that gets them off the schnide and starts building some confidence is a welcome and sound approach however it will take several wins for the confidence to build before I see Lindy opening it up again now that his defense first alamo mode won the last one.

Last and sorry I could not resist but , Yes Harry indeed I hope I also see a real hockey game tonight vs. what we have been subjected to for the last several weeks.

Also lets not forgot Lindy's ephinany just before the last game (NJ) where he stated he is in lock down defense first mode to win some ugly games vs. the just losing ugly. I aree anything that gets them off the schnide and starts building some confidence is a welcome and sound approach however it will take several wins for the confidence to build before I see Lindy opening it up again now that his defense first alamo mode won the last one.

My timing's off (you know, it's been over a week since a loss now), but that decree from Lindy was followed up by the 2-1 shootout win, right? You better believe there's going to be more of that to come (probably not the wins though).

My timing's off (you know, it's been over a week since a loss now), but that decree from Lindy was followed up by the 2-1 shootout win, right? You better believe there's going to be more of that to come (probably not the wins though).

Roger, Roger.

And actually if you think about it in the long run thats not a bad way to really see what kind of players you have based on a real simple game plan/ system and it gets somewhere you can build from again.

Ennis at center tonight between Drew and Gerbe. Interesting line. Has Ennis played center for the Sabres before? (I can't recall him doing so before) ...He seems like a reasonable fit for the position given his skating and playmaking abilities.

I don't think I'll get a chance to see much of this game and that is a huge disappointment. I am very interested in seeing how this line performs. Now I want Ruff to split up Vanek and Pominville and play Leino on Vaneks line. Vanek is the only player who (used to) go consistently to the front of the net, and Leino always sends the puck through the slot. Could this be our poor man's Giroux - Hartnell combination?

Edit: Embarrasing misspelling of Pominville

Ennis at center tonight between Drew and Gerbe. Interesting line. Has Ennis played center for the Sabres before? (I can't recall him doing so before) ...He seems like a reasonable fit for the position given his skating and playmaking abilities.

So, I'm guessing Roy centers Vanek and Pominville?

Well this is certainly an interesting development. I had just assumed he was a placeholder since Adam was already in Montreal. Guess not. Not sure how much of a fan I am of trying him at center for his first game action in a couple months, but with Gerbe and Stafford it certainly has potential to be a fast, exciting line. Not sure if they'll be able to control the puck in the offensive zone worth a damn, but hey, at this point I'll settle for short bursts of excitement from this team.

Archived