GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 1/31/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

Seriously, this is what they are subjected to before every home game? Zoo animals on display. No wonder they're not relaxed enough to concentrate on the game - the show takes priority. That sucks. This is first time in a while I have empathy for the team.

It wasn't like that at all. They are in the zone while you're there. It's like they don't even realize you're there really.

It was pretty intense. All of the chirping at each other and getting pumped up. I don't think they give two shits who's there.

Somebody yelled "go get 'em Lindy" and got a 'gotcha hand wave' by Lindy. It was cool.

No way in hell? How can you be sure of THAT?

well, i can't be. but i think i'm far closer to the truth than you are when you say that a gathering of ~15 people in the hallway outside the locker room is something that is detracting from their performance at home.

Isn't one of Lindy's favorite excuses for a home loss that "they were trying too hard to put on a show"? This does nothing but reinforce that mindset IMHO.

that's a well worn cliche' to be sure. but i think that desire to put on a show has more to do with ~18,690 people sitting in the center than it does with a handful of people gathered behind a rope line as the team prepares to take the ice.

i will add that what the sabres are doing here is not unlike what jerry jones did in designing his palace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbPJlWxiqJY

Archived