GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 1/31/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

Ennis didn't get Lindy's memo either. But he needs to be smarter about it.

GO SABRES!!!

Meh. Let him play agressive hockey. They play better when they play like this. We have a goalie that is supposed to be able to bail them out in times like that anyway, right?

Why does Goose seem to be hated by so many fans? I don't know how much he is making and maybe that is the rub, but for a 3rd/4th line center, I think we could use a few more guys like him. He is a strong centerman, and I think the importance of that is seriously underrated, and he is not afraid to stand up for teammates. That shot block he just made takes balls as well..

That was a good period of hockey. They look so much better when they play a physical game. Still can't score, but Price might have a lot to do with that tonight.

Why does Goose seem to be hated by so many fans? I don't know how much he is making and maybe that is the rub, but for a 3rd/4th line center, I think we could use a few more guys like him. He is a strong centerman, and I think the importance of that is seriously underrated, and he is not afraid to stand up for teammates. That shot block he just made takes balls as well..

I think the Lucic incident changed a lot of peoples opinion on Goose.

30 SOG's thru 2, every player except 3, have at least 1 shot, the 3 are Roy, Ellis and Vanek* (injured).

He'd be better liked if he wasn't paid as highly as he is. He is overpaid for a 4th line center. I don't think we need more guys like him. We need more centers that make plays. And I think he is very situational in his willingness to stand up for his teammates.

None of that is to say he doesn't have a roll on this team going forward. But the roll needs to be as an energy line center, 2nd unit PK'er, and emergency 3rd line center, that's about it.

Archived