Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I've gotten a couple of those "for my kids."

Pretty amazing how something that cost $500 when we were kids is $25 now.

This was a gift. I couldn't believe when I looked online that the price for everything was well under $100. I'm guessing that advancement in battery tech and electric motors is what makes that possible.

Just finished the sanding on the coffee table I've been working on (refurbishing). Took way longer than I thought (about 15 hours) because of all the cracks and crevices, but I'm pretty stoked to finally stain it. Started the project about a week ago for my mom's birthday, it was her grandma's and came into my possession after she died. She was huge in my mom's life, and the passing was pretty hard, so I think this will blow her away.

My company is on Undercover Boss tonight. That's kinda cool.

After watching the episode I think they did I nice job portraying my company and industry. It was hokey and staged just like all reality TV is; but my boss was pretty genuine and the money/gifts given out were absolutely awesome. Reality TV made something look good for a change.

Just finished the sanding on the coffee table I've been working on (refurbishing). Took way longer than I thought (about 15 hours) because of all the cracks and crevices, but I'm pretty stoked to finally stain it. Started the project about a week ago for my mom's birthday, it was her grandma's and came into my possession after she died. She was huge in my mom's life, and the passing was pretty hard, so I think this will blow her away.

:thumbsup:

Our dentist.

Developed a nasty infection in my jaw / cheek a week ago on Friday. By Saturday it was golf ball sized and tennis ball sized on Sunday morning.

By Monday the swelling had gone down, but I still called (almost convinced myself to not do so) the dentist that afternoon to see if she could take a look (she's a hottie, by the way, as is all of her staff). She said to come in at 6:30 PM, as they work Monday evenings.

They took xrays and she said that I was not leaving the chair. The infection had gone pretty deep around my tongue and lower mouth area. She removed the molar in question and cleaned out as much of the infection as she could. Antibiotics appear to have taken care of the rest, but am still being careful.

Pain killers got me through the week, as my students were having their final on Thursday.

If I had not I had not gone in to the dentist Monday early evening then it is very likely I would have ended up in the ER in a very precarious situation later Monday night.

I've got a hole in my mouth where the tooth was, but I'll gladly where that war wound.

Anything exciting happen around here lately?

Very nice! You should upload a pic of the final product.

After watching the episode I think they did I nice job portraying my company and industry. It was hokey and staged just like all reality TV is; but my boss was pretty genuine and the money/gifts given out were absolutely awesome. Reality TV made something look good for a change.

I've seen that show a few times (missed this one) and it always seems kinda overly coincidental that the people they focus on are hard-luck stories, but it is cool to see the bosses take notice and make things right for folks.

Our dentist.

(snip)

Anything exciting happen around here lately?

Yowza -- glad you did call, and that you have a great dentist. Hopefully you won't need a dental implant and crown later, because I can tell you firsthand that it's EXPENSIVE, even with insurance. But enjoy some painkillers and ice cream in the meantime.

Been a slow week at SS with so many days between games, so you haven't missed much. On the plus side, CoHo is reminding us what we were missing (2 goals in 2 games since coming back).

Met Steve Ott today, got an autograph, then after watching Denver win, flipped over to the news and bam, there I am talking with Ott.... Also made corned beef and cabbage soaked in butter and guiness..... Good day

Awesome.

Last night we were playing hockey as the Seattle/San Fran game was on. Every time we were down the side of the ice where you could look up into the bar and see the TV we'd all kinda slow down and yell the scores out. Admittedly, our offense sucked because of it, but hey, good times.

Awesome.

Last night we were playing hockey as the Seattle/San Fran game was on. Every time we were down the side of the ice where you could look up into the bar and see the TV we'd all kinda slow down and yell the scores out. Admittedly, our offense sucked because of it, but hey, good times.

Let's not pretend you guys spent much time at that end of the ice. :P

Awesome.

Lol nice, with my luck I'd come to a stop drooling over TV and get crunched.... U must have missed Sherman and his rant at the end