Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

As a fine young liberal, I really disliked Ronald Reagan. I'd argue constantly with my Alex Keaton best friend. I sometimes find myself honestly missing the man. The man, not the president. (Or maybe I miss being fine and young.) I saw a little cartoon recently, obviously a few years old, that showed Shirley Temple on the left and Honey Boo Boo on the right, with the caption, "America. What happened?" I ask myself the same question when I consider how this country has, in a generation, traveled from Reagan to Trump.

Edited by PASabreFan

Hey all.  Don't have much time to stay, but wanted to drop in and give everyone the most amazing news of my life to date.  The twin Menaces were born on St Patricks day at 4:01p and 4:02p. Both boys were about 6lbs and 18in. long.  They were born at 36 weeks and 2 days, and were early due to pre-eclampsia.  

Both boys had a lot of respiratory distress though, and had to be transported to Crouse Hospital in Syracuse.  They are improving everyday, and are the greatest blessing my wife and I could've asked for.  I finally got to hold both boys, with skin-to-skin contact, yesterday, and it was the most emotional, special, amazing moment I have ever experienced.  We hope that by next week, both boys will be in the step down unit from the NICU.  We are keeping expectations low, that way every little step is a huge accomplishment in our minds.  

And while I'm talking about blessings, let me tell you the blessing that the Ronald McDonald house is.  My wife and I talked to a social worker, who placed us there.  It has saved us an immense amount of money, and the care that the staff has helps put our minds at ease for food, etc.  This has been a roller coaster ride the last 5 days, but it has also been the most amazing experience of my life.  

Once out of the NICU, I'll get a picture of them in their Sabres or Bills outfits and post that.  Hopefully I'll check in later, but hope everyone is well.  I miss the hockey conversations, but I've got some new responsibilities now  B-)  B-)  B-)

Hey all.  Don't have much time to stay, but wanted to drop in and give everyone the most amazing news of my life to date.  The twin Menaces were born on St Patricks day at 4:01p and 4:02p. Both boys were about 6lbs and 18in. long.  They were born at 36 weeks and 2 days, and were early due to pre-eclampsia.  

Both boys had a lot of respiratory distress though, and had to be transported to Crouse Hospital in Syracuse.  They are improving everyday, and are the greatest blessing my wife and I could've asked for.  I finally got to hold both boys, with skin-to-skin contact, yesterday, and it was the most emotional, special, amazing moment I have ever experienced.  We hope that by next week, both boys will be in the step down unit from the NICU.  We are keeping expectations low, that way every little step is a huge accomplishment in our minds.  

And while I'm talking about blessings, let me tell you the blessing that the Ronald McDonald house is.  My wife and I talked to a social worker, who placed us there.  It has saved us an immense amount of money, and the care that the staff has helps put our minds at ease for food, etc.  This has been a roller coaster ride the last 5 days, but it has also been the most amazing experience of my life.  

Once out of the NICU, I'll get a picture of them in their Sabres or Bills outfits and post that.  Hopefully I'll check in later, but hope everyone is well.  I miss the hockey conversations, but I've got some new responsibilities now  B-)  B-)  B-)

Best wishes, man! I'm glad things are turning up :) 

God bless, Menace - what wonderful news. Thanks for sharing it!

I have a story in my rear view mirror that quite closely tracks yours in many respects - minus the twin factor.

Take good care of each other, as I am sure you will.

Isn't that what you have Mrs. Menace for? "I'm sorry hunnie, but you have to change both diapers...I'm too busy arguing about Steven Stamkos' value to the Sabres."

<-----clearly not married :lol:

Seriously though, congrats, and most definitely good luck.