Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

The feeling of suspense then relief of airing up a paintball gun that you have been teching/working on for awhile and having it hold air and cycle.

Currently timing an old autococker that I'd pieced together from various sources. No leaks, no chopping, and no short-stroking after a 6 month project - F'n awesome feeling.

Leaks bad, silence good.

I hope this makes sense to someone else on here...OTHERWISE: ordering something online and coming home to see a parcel on your doorstep.

The feeling of suspense then relief of airing up a paintball gun that you have been teching/working on for awhile and having it hold air and cycle.

Currently timing an old autococker that I'd pieced together from various sources. No leaks, no chopping, and no short-stroking after a 6 month project - F'n awesome feeling.

Leaks bad, silence good.

I hope this makes sense to someone else on here...OTHERWISE: ordering something online and coming home to see a parcel on your doorstep.

d4rk and I can relate.

I had a faulty O-ring that would always go at the least opportune moments. Made me feel like such an idiot, fiddling with the fill nipple and not fixing a damn thing.

d4rk loves building frankenstein guns out of ancient parts. Me, well, I stick to a well maintained A5 and call it a day haha

d4rk and I can relate.

I had a faulty O-ring that would always go at the least opportune moments. Made me feel like such an idiot, fiddling with the fill nipple and not fixing a damn thing.

d4rk loves building frankenstein guns out of ancient parts. Me, well, I stick to a well maintained A5 and call it a day haha

paging GoDD. GoDD to the TTaA courtesy phone.

paging GoDD. GoDD to the TTaA courtesy phone.

Wondered how long this would take...

I had so many different guys and techs mess with my fill nipple, trying to get it to seat correctly... anything to keep my tank from blowing.

Wasn't that enjoyable.

Update on the job front - Just accepted the new position (Company B for those keeping track of my rants - yeah didn't think so... :bag:) which will provide me with a major lifestyle change. Home every night, consistent hours, steady long term career path, all good things.

The pay is lateral at best, but I am so looking forward to being able to have hobbies and dinner with the lady every night. Summer sports leagues here I come! :thumbsup:

Leaks bad, silence good.

I feel your pain. I've always been an Automag guy but I've messed with cockers enough to know that I actually prefer their engineering but that they are needlessly complex. That said, fun to work on.

I'm currently building a low pressure Tippmann A5 strictly for scenario play. It's going rather well which I'm pretty pleased with. I really expected more problems.

OIOmqv9.jpeg

Also dollars to donuts that there isn't a single paintball marker in existence that I haven't heard of. I'm a student of the game you could say.

I have a phone call with Duke today. It actually got to this stage a lot faster than I thought it would. I assumed they were just taking my information in case a future spot opened up, but no, they have something already. I have already been given a "great recommendation" from the head of their department, so this should be a fun talk.

I have a phone call with Duke today. It actually got to this stage a lot faster than I thought it would. I assumed they were just taking my information in case a future spot opened up, but no, they have something already. I have already been given a "great recommendation" from the head of their department, so this should be a fun talk.

Hey now... that would certainly help the dilemma with the other potential employer! Good luck, shrader.

Hey now... that would certainly help the dilemma with the other potential employer! Good luck, shrader.

I just hung up. It actually went better than I could have imagined. The recommendation from my previous co-worker/boss is apparently through the roof. I now have the feeling that this could move incredibly fast. It also sounds like the money is actually better than Boston.

I just hung up. It actually went better than I could have imagined. The recommendation from my previous co-worker/boss is apparently through the roof. I now have the feeling that this could move incredibly fast. It also sounds like the money is actually better than Boston.

Nice!

Nice. Cost of living here obviously much cheaper than Boston. I'll bet you can almost smell the roasting baby flesh....

I'm more of a lover than a pillager, but count me in.

That is awesome news shrader.

I trust your wife is fully on board with this potential move.

She was actually more pro move yesterday than I was. But since she's a woman, I'm sure her mind will change several times. :P

Her entire family is in this area, all within about 1.5 hours of each other tops. It would be a tough move for her. I think it would also be very good for her though. She needs a little more independence than she currently has.

She was actually more pro move yesterday than I was. But since she's a woman, I'm sure her mind will change several times. :P

Her entire family is in this area, all within about 1.5 hours of each other tops. It would be a tough move for her. I think it would also be very good for her though. She needs a little more independence than she currently has.

My wife was dead set against moving here almost 12 years ago, and she still loves Buffalo and has her moments when she misses it a lot, but I'd have a hard time getting her to move away from this area now. I think Raleigh topped the Forbes list this year for best place to raise a family and other towns near here like Apex, Cary and Holly Springs have made it to similar lists in recent years.

Except your MIL's renewed interest in houses and babies if/when you moved, lol.

Edited by biodork

Very cool!

d4rk and I can relate.

I feel your pain. I've always been an Automag guy but I've messed with cockers enough to know that I actually prefer their engineering but that they are needlessly complex. That said, fun to work on.

I'm currently building a low pressure Tippmann A5 strictly for scenario play. It's going rather well which I'm pretty pleased with. I really expected more problems.

OIOmqv9.jpeg

Also dollars to donuts that there isn't a single paintball marker in existence that I haven't heard of. I'm a student of the game you could say.

That's awesome, nice to see some fellow players...as for student of the game, I know exactly what you mean; even when I took a hiatus from playing I still kept up on the news from the industry

As for 'cocker vs mag, I've always been in the why not both camp...I want to own a lvl10 Karta bodied mag soooooo bad it would go great on the peg board next to my 'cocker (which I now have to convince the wife to let me anodize):

The below picture is awesome:

P1010654_zpsaff1a779.jpg

And congrats shrader I hope you get the position, and I love being surprised (in a good way) about a previous employers review/recommendation

Congrats to Shrader!

I just discovered that one of the games I've worked on for nick.com won some award for Best Game Based on a Series. At the Cynopsis Imagination Awards- not too sure what those are, but... Wellp, we had no idea! Two of our games were involved in helping Nickelodeon's Nick App win an Emmy, too. We're moving in a couple weeks to a bigger office, and our company has grown from the 13 when I joined 3 years ago to 30+.

There's pros and cons, of course, but for any small company to grow right now is an achievement. Back to work.

Edited by Josie914

Congrats to Shrader!

I just discovered that one of the games I've worked on for nick.com won some award for Best Game Based on a Series. At the Cynopsis Imagination Awards- not too sure what those are, but... Wellp, we had no idea! Two of our games were involved in helping Nickelodeon's Nick App win an Emmy, too. We're moving in a couple weeks to a bigger office, and our company has grown from the 13 when I joined 3 years ago to 30+.

There's pros and cons, of course, but for any small company to grow right now is an achievement. Back to work.

Nice!

Congrats to Shrader!

Congrats! I've seen some of your work on here and I'm impressed

Just finished call #2. I had to give a brief description of myself for about 5 minutes and then it quickly turned to a 30 minute sales pitch from Duke. I was told that they will probably make an offer as early as Monday. Wow, this has been one crazy week. This whole thing presented itself to me last Thursday and here we are already.