All about the All-Star Game..

papazoid

Everyone is getting real old and grumpy on this board. This weekend is for the kids. Who cares if the set up is less than perfect. Christmas is far from perfect and I don't necessarily like it but I celebrate it because I enjoy what the kids get out of it. I actually like the way the teams are picked. Just like a good game of road hockey. The worst thing about this weekend is the ballot box stuffing leading up to it.

The worst thing about this weekend is that it lasts six days.

I'll second that.

I don;t get Versus, or NBS Sports, or whatever the frack it's called these days, but if I did I doubt I'd watch the game. Personally, I always liked the skills competition better. I'd watch that.

It was fun. Seeing all the guys up close, seeing the camaraderie between players. They're obviously happy to be there. Yeah it's lame; but cool at the same time. What else is there to watch?

Some hockey fans do not have such strong a resolve. I just want to play more hockey and forget about how bad the Sabres are :(

It was fun. Seeing all the guys up close, seeing the camaraderie between players. They're obviously happy to be there. Yeah it's lame; but cool at the same time. What else is there to watch?

Totally agree. Only thing I didn't like was having to listen to that tool Jeremy Roenick before and after.

I personally like the draft. Yea it's a gimmick, but there's definitely some funny moments. Giroux's tweet hoping Hartnell goes last, Gaborik walking to the wrong side, the fans booing Lupul, and some of the fan shouts were all hilarious to me. Also props to Alfredsson for mentioning Pominville's goal before picking him. The game itself can go to hell, but I like the draft and love the skills competition.

I'll be the first to say that I'm proud to see Pommers there. I'll watch every minute. I hope he kills it, and everyone can go f##k off.

I thought parts of this were pretty awkward, like some of the players seemed uncomfortable and Alyonka Larionov reading tweets on the air (even having to say "hashmark") but the hecklers were pretty funny. "Are you sure it's Daniel?" was a good line. They were so loud and clearly getting under Lupul's skin. Also Alfie bailing out Pominville prevents any jokes about how he was picked last just like the Sabres are last in the conference.

I'm a hockey fan, so I'll be watching. Heck, if I can find it on the tube here I'll be watching the AHL all-star game this weekend as well. Even though they are a glorified exhibition game, I love ASG's - just seeing the guys from different teams playing on the same lines, seeing the different teams represented, all that. As a kid I used to love watching for our guys - when they got on the ice, who they were playing alongside, if they did well.

*Disclaimer: hate the Pro Bowl. That is a neutered, watered-down joke of an event. They might as well run 7-on-7 touch skeleton drills for as crappy a product as they roll out for there.

I'll be the first to say that I'm proud to see Pommers there. I'll watch every minute. I hope he kills it, and everyone can go f##k off.

This.

Everyone is getting real old and grumpy on this board. This weekend is for the kids. Who cares if the set up is less than perfect. Christmas is far from perfect and I don't necessarily like it but I celebrate it because I enjoy what the kids get out of it. I actually like the way the teams are picked. Just like a good game of road hockey. The worst thing about this weekend is the ballot box stuffing leading up to it.

Finally some sense. You hit it on the nail. I mean, i agree with Eleven about how dumb this was tonight, but, our opinions don't matter on this weekend. This is all about having fun and for the kids. I actually don't have a problem with the ballot stuffing. I mean, don't they all deserve to be at the All-Star Game? All of the Sens are having a heck of a season. But, like you said, kids love seeing these stars. Kids will love seeing the 14-12 game on Sunday and kids will enjoy the Saturday festivities, in which players show a lot of talent but also whenever the camera is on them, their always loose and laughing. Hopefully Luke Adam and Jason Pominville bring some cheers to the youngens up here in Western New York this weekend with some solid play.

For the majority of us who follow the Sabres as if it were our religion, take a deep breath. Go watch a movie or something and just relax. Unless something does indeed happen this weekend, we should be gearing up for a pretty bizarre end of the season. Lots of trade rumors, possible roster shake up and who knows, maybe a change in front office or at coaching? Either way, the game of hockey must go on, and even without us in a playoff race, the NHL will be crazy fun to watch too. And our "chase" for Yak may be pretty entertaining as well.

My point is, enjoy this weekend. As much as you, or I, may disagree with how they do things, this stuff isn't meant for us.

This makes me think of when I was forced to see Oceans 12. It was nothing but a bunch of high paid actors having fun together. It's great for them, but not so much for the viewers.

And I'd like to tweak those posts that said this is all about the kids. It's not really about them, it's about the people in the host city. They're the only ones who will really be watching.

All-Star game or Toronto vs. Detroit at the big house? I'm willing to go to Ann Arbor for a plain regular season game. No way for All Stars.

It would be cool but drop the AS game keep the regular season game and do the other All Star events and festivities. Have the All-Stars on hand for interviews and PR during the game.

On another note: What another lost opportunity for the NHL. Regardless of whichever sport people like alot or the most, there is nothing but junk on for the next 5 days.

The NFL is on pause and by the end of the week who wants to here another thing about the super bowl teams and players

College football is over and the draft is still afew months away.

MLB hasn't started

NASCAR ditto.

For all the people who don't really like basketball, this would be the week to draw some interest. Instead NHL offers up this load of crap.

NFLs "All-Star" game, the Pro Bowl is on this weekend

This makes me think of when I was forced to see Oceans 12. It was nothing but a bunch of high paid actors having fun together. It's great for them, but not so much for the viewers.

And I'd like to tweak those posts that said this is all about the kids. It's not really about them, it's about the people in the host city. They're the only ones who will really be watching.

Its neither about the Kids or the Host cities fans

Its about trying to maret the games "Stars" and advertising money

Archived