All about the All-Star Game..

papazoid

Also, I didn't see anyone from winnipeg there? Were there other teams without players?
I didn't see one NJ Devil either?

Indeed. Dustin Byfuglien, Adam Henrique, and Adam Larsson were all forced to withdraw due to injury.

Indeed. Dustin Byfuglien, Adam Henrique, and Adam Larsson were all forced to withdraw due to injury.

If that's the case would they not have to be replaced by someone from their teams?

Seems in the past, if I recall correctly, the NHL ASG had to have at least one representative from each team. I have been wrong in the past, will be wrong in the future and may, indeed, be wrong now.

Just thinking and here's a question for everyone:

Since Ovi didn't go because of his suspension and 'not wanting to be a disctraction' was cited as part of the reason (taking that on face value), should Thomas have stepped out of the event for the same reason? I believe he should since there is quite a lot of news surrounding him in particular and it is also distracting from what should be a brilliant event.

Then again I hate the 'team captains' format so what do I know, I think it should be N.America vs World or East vs West again.

Ovi and Thomas both deserve to be there and should be there if they choose to go. I have no problem with Ovi deciding not to and no problem with Thomas deciding to go. It should always be the players choice. I hate that MLB tries to force players to go. There is so much good young talent league wide, it gives another player a chance to be showcased.

What is it about the "Team Captain" concept you don't like? It's is such a great idea I wouldn't be surprised to see other leagues do it. It seems like it would be perfect for the NBA. Watching the fantasy draft was fun. I am looking forward to the game this afternoon.

Well here are my thoughts on the All Star game. First up, The Bruins and the Canucks sidebar.

I found it very silly that Chara wouldn't pick a Canuck. I was hoping he'd get the last pick and that Alfie would "make" him have to pick a Canuck. I can see him not wanting a Burrows or Kesler on his team, but to snub 3 of the nicer guys in the NHL is silly. But whatever, that's the Bruins.

Sticking with the Canucks, I have a way this game could get entertaining. The first time Tyler Seguin ventures into the corner, I'd love to see Alex Edler completely hammer him with a solid, clean check. The game would get interesting real quick. They don't play again this year, unless it's in the Finals, and I think it would turn the game on it's head.

The hate seems real on Chara's teams' side so why not initiate it with a good old fashioned check? It would be nice to see the Sedins hack and whack at Chara's ankles tonight, see how he likes it. Seeing as he is allowed to do this on a constant basis, maybe the Sedins will get away with it today with the slack officiating.

I know I'm dreaming, but how cool would it be to see that hatred seep into this game?

I like Tim Thomas's toughness. I'll be curious to see how he does today when opposing players should be able to get to rebounds. He sells out a lot for first save and his d in Boston doesn't allow opposing players to get to rebounds. The lack of interference enforcement benefits him greatly. The Sabres would do well to understand that interference is not enforced around the net during the regular season. It's not 2006 anymore.

MY GOD is the play-by-play AWFUL. They are gossiping and gossiping and gossiping and NOT covering the game. When someone scores, they seem distracted by the goal horn and instead of yelling "SCORE!" they just go "Ohhhh."

This totally F***ing sucks.

OMFG look at how small the goalies look in the net. No wonder scoring is down. WAAAYYYY DOWN!

Technique is so important. That stand-up style is just not effective, especially against modern goal scorers. I'd say it's as balanced as it's going to ever get.

This is all star game has been pretty fun. The Sedins with Alfie is absolutely disgusting.

Archived