Where will the Sabres finish in the standings?

LabattBlue

Where do the Sabres finish overall(from the bottom)  

69 members have voted

1. 1. How low will they go(not counting where they end up after the lottery)

Not to disappoint those of you dreaming of Yakupov and Grigorenko, but IMO the Sabres end up somewhere around 8th from the bottom. There is no way this team continues to play this poorly. Not with the talent they have.

Disclaimer...the only way I change my mind is if guys like Roy & Stafford go before the deadline with only picks or prospects coming back.

Well the next few days will be huge. If DR and/or

No one thinks they will make the playoffs??? Lol, I voted 11-14, as bad as they are I can't see them being the worst in the conference. Unfortunately, that's what might have to happen for Pegula to make changes....

Well the next couple of days will be huge. If DR and/or LR are here by the end of th week then they will be here until the end of the season. Now is the obvious time to make a change if one is comming....

No one thinks they will make the playoffs??? Lol, I voted 11-14, as bad as they are I can't see them being the worst in the conference. Unfortunately, that's what might have to happen for Pegula to make changes....

The poll wasn't where they finish in the conference. It is where they finish overall.

I misread/mis understood the original intent. I picked 2-4 from the bottom.

Watching the level of hockey that is being played right now on CI across the league vs. the brand the Sabres play I just can't see them going on some scoring spree and I do not see them making up the ground they have already lost trying to win every upcoming game 2-1 in SO.

I think if the Sabres miss the playoffs (which they will) then they should pull a John McClain and Yippie Ki Yay Mother ####er all the vets and the entire coaching staff and the gm in the offseason if not sooner.

fyi too bad John McClain cant be our new coach or gm that guy didn't take sh!t from anyone. Now it seems the only things that die hard around here are the Coach and the GM

11-14. Enough talent to stay out of dead last but too inconsistent to seriously push for a playoff spot.

Miller looked better last night but unless he turns it around and does that on a nightly basis AND we get some help in form of a true center and some secondary scoring starts showing up, then I see 10-11ish in the conference as a realistic finish.

I'm banking on the GM making the prudent move to ship off all the expiring contracts and some larger contracts at the trade deadline frenzy and loading up for the offseason and next year(s).

With that said, does anyone think this team is better than bottom 5 with half of the amerks playing the last 30 some games and minus Boyes/Hecht/Roy/Stafford?

• 2 months later...

I wish they finish last and pick Mikhail Grigorenko. I don't want to see them struggle to make the playoff and finish 9th.

Unfortunately, if there's a team right now who can try to make the playoff and finish 9th, it's the Sabres. :wallbash:

I knew it. There fun is to piss their fans, they did not even try to score in last 5 mins of the game against philly and they played overall a terrible match. DO they want to make the playoff anyway? I don't think so. And what is the paycheck if they do the playoff, do they earn more money? Apparently no and they already have their big contracts.

This team DO NOT WANT to win!! They want the easiest money possible with minimum effort. I AM PISSED!

I knew it. There fun is to piss their fans, they did not even try to score in last 5 mins of the game against philly and they played overall a terrible match. DO they want to make the playoff anyway? I don't think so. And what is the paycheck if they do the playoff, do they earn more money? Apparently no and they already have their big contracts.

This team DO NOT WANT to win!! They want the easiest money possible with minimum effort. I AM PISSED!

I will never believe that a man who trains in hockey every day his whole life wants to miss the playoffs to get their money easier.

Archived