What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

The entire state is 3am-8am dry.

Not so.

Stores with off-premises beer licenses can sell beer at any time of any day except Sundays from 3 a.m. until 8 a.m. That's it. 

For off-premises retail wine or booze (e.g., Premier), they must close every day between midnight and 8:00 a.m. And as for Sundays, and certain holidays I think, they can't open until noon and must close by 9:00 p.m.

If you're an on-premises joint (a bar), you can't sell between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m. on Mondays through Saturdays and between 4 a.m. until noon on Sundays. That Sunday limitation is in the Governor's cross-hairs right now. Because brunch day drinking.

My favourite wrinkle: Bars are not supposed to allow anyone on premises to drink anything in-hand past 4:30 a.m. Days gone by, I saw a few interesting efforts at enforcement.

It goes by county. 

This, however, is true. YMMV.

I just made a PB&J.... Be jealous AF

I love Pb&j!

I've been on a kick for the last few months, with varying definitions of "j". I haven't found a J that just plain didn't work, but some are better than others:

- Lingonberry Jelly (from Ikea)

- Hot Pepper Jelly from Wegmans

- Orange Marmalade

- McKay's Ginger Preserves (this is good, and not that sweet)

- Mango Habanero Jelly (ok, but it doesn't hold up enough to the PB for some reason)

RosePie is on a kick too, currently she likes the lingonberry. I just bought some Key Lime marmalade to try next.

I eat PB&J at work a lot! It's good.

Today though I have some bananas that are going bad. So I'm having PB&B.

Be careful. Those killed Elvis. It might have mostly been the drugs, but I'm certain that peanut butter and banana sandwiches had something to do with it.

What can say, I like to get wild at the office.

35d19u8.jpg

The guy on the right says, "Gimme back that pb&j, gimme that 'wich."

I made homemade falafel for lunch. Really good. I was caught with my pants down for a good dipping sauce, so I made some cocktail sauce (ketchup and horseradish). It was OK, but I think falafel calls for something lighter and tangier, maybe plain yogurt, olive oil and vinegar? But it's funny how your taste buds and brain can be fooled. With the cocktail sauce, the falafel at times tasted just like deep-fried shrimp. Reminds me of the time my mom left crab out of her crab salad and my dad said it was the best she ever made. I don't have any younger brothers, needless to say.

Not so.

Stores with off-premises beer licenses can sell beer at any time of any day except Sundays from 3 a.m. until 8 a.m. That's it. 

For off-premises retail wine or booze (e.g., Premier), they must close every day between midnight and 8:00 a.m. And as for Sundays, and certain holidays I think, they can't open until noon and must close by 9:00 p.m.

If you're an on-premises joint (a bar), you can't sell between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m. on Mondays through Saturdays and between 4 a.m. until noon on Sundays. That Sunday limitation is in the Governor's cross-hairs right now. Because brunch day drinking.

My favourite wrinkle: Bars are not supposed to allow anyone on premises to drink anything in-hand past 4:30 a.m. Days gone by, I saw a few interesting efforts at enforcement.

This, however, is true. YMMV.

https://www.sla.ny.gov/provisions-for-county-closing-hours

Without going through that SLA site line by line, I will cautiously hope that, in my post, I batted .1000 when it came to our State's rules on when you can and can't sell alcohol. 

It looks like you batted 1.000, not .1000.

The Italians know a thing or two about hot weather treats.

Yep! Now I just want to sit out on the patio with my dogs. But alas, work! But I think it's Sloppy Joe day at work, so I got that going for me.

You would get a hamburger from a hotdog joint.  :P

Their cheeseburgers are delicious.

Fun fact:  They used to advertise "Ted's Hot Dogs on Royale Rolls."  You can see that signage in some of the nostalgic pics in the restaurants.  Royale Rolls was my granddad and his brother.

Fun fact:  They used to advertise "Ted's Hot Dogs on Royale Rolls."  You can see that signage in some of the nostalgic pics in the restaurants.  Royale Rolls was my granddad and his brother.

That is a fun fact.

And wasn't the term royale used to comedic effect in Pulp Fiction?

So, Royale Rolls were people.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.