What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Ahi Tuna Tacos, washed down with a HopFusion Feisty Blonde.

The tacos were delicious, but the real star is the beer.  Yesterday, HopFusion, a brewery created by a couple of friends of mine, shipped their first kegs (to the bar down the street pictured below).  They just received all their paperwork from the state that allows them to sell beer wholesale.  Feisty Blonde, a blonde ale made with imported orange blossom honey, might just be the best beer I've ever had.  This isn't the first time I've had Feisty Blonde, but it is the first time I paid for it.  I'm very proud of my friends for getting this far and I hope they'll be commercially successful.

12494720_967452783303612_425170797812323

Edited by Robin Egg

Ahi Tuna Tacos, washed down with a HopFusion Feisty Blonde.

The tacos were delicious, but the real star is the beer.  Yesterday, HopFusion, a brewery created by a couple of friends of mine, shipped their first kegs (to the bar down the street pictured below).  They just received all their paperwork from the state that allows them to sell beer wholesale.  Feisty Blonde, a blonde ale made with imported orange blossom honey, might just be the best beer I've ever had.  This isn't the first time I've had Feisty Blonde, but it is the first time I paid for it.  I'm very proud of my friends for getting this far and I hope they'll be commercially successful.

12494720_967452783303612_425170797812323

Is that the same restaurant you ate in on Thursday, or do all restaurants in Texas use the checkered flag pattern as their place mats?

Tim Hortons or Dunkin Donuts??? My wife and I argue all the time about this. She thinks that dunkin has better tasting coffee, which I totally disagree. She also gets upset at timmy's because the cups are always scolding hot and you have to ask them for a sleeve every time

Tim Hortons or Dunkin Donuts??? My wife and I argue all the time about this. She thinks that dunkin has better tasting coffee, which I totally disagree. She also gets upset at timmy's because the cups are always scolding hot and you have to ask them for a sleeve every time

Dunkin Donuts by far even if they originated in the land of massholes. The tipping point comes from the fact that Tim Hortons doesn't serve their breakfast sandwiches all day and if you order after breakfast time you have to settle for some run of the mill hoagie with deli meat you could buy from oscar meyer. At DD you can get a real breakfast sandwich on a croissant, biscuit, bagel, english muffin, texas toast, or even on a donut at any time they are open and build it however you want (bacon, egg, cheese, sausage patties, smoked sausage, various cheese options, etc). Plus they have awesome hash browns and they'll make'em extra crispy if you request it. Better coffee too, although they bake their doughnuts instead of frying them which loses them points (never had a Tim Hortons donut so i don't know if they bake or fry them so even that could be a push).

Is that the same restaurant you ate in on Thursday, or do all restaurants in Texas use the checkered flag pattern as their place mats?

Same place.  They didn't have he HopFusion beer on Wednesday and I wanted to get me some.

I want those tacos.

Absolutely.

I still think "tuna tacos" is funny to say, though.

They are pretty awesome.  The hot thing these days is a big craft beer menu and a small, but very high quality, food menu.

Oh.... a funny story about that place.  About the time they opened in December, I got a Facebook friend request from the owner.  That was part of the reason I went there the first time.  I asked him this week why he sent me the friend request and he said, "The chicken hat."  We have several mutual friends and I guess he saw me commenting on a friend's post or something.

On days when I see the trainer, I often don't make it past 1130 without getting so hungry that I can't concentrate.  Today I didn't even make it to 11, despite having breakfast at 915.  So I'm eating leftover steak and mushrooms.

Edited by Eleven

Having a fried Fiesta tonight! I made wings, moz sticks, cheddar and jalapeño cheese bites, and pork egg rolls. Goodbye everyone. I'm gonna have a coronary and a smile.

Oh, and a hot dog......and a beer.... Or 3

Monday Night means Buffalo Bros. pizza.  My phone had a bug so I couldn't call the order in early; instead I ordered after I got there, which happily provided time for a beer.  Ed, the owner at Buffalo Bros., bought me one and I opted for a Rapture (with Mexican coffee) brewed by Rabbit Hole Brewing (a local brewery).  I had a nice chat with one of the Rabbit Hole founders on Saturday, but I was already drinking a HopFusion so I couldn't get a Rabbit Hole at the time. 

Upon ordering the Rabbit Hole, Ed pointed to a sign over one of the tables in the bar indicating that the table was the birthplace of Rabbit Hole Brewery, because the founders formed their plans to start a brewery right there in Buffalo Bros.  The beer was delish and so was the pizza, which I'm chasing with  Lakewood Temptress, perhaps one of the very best of our local brews.

Beer is easily the biggest reason my weight loss seems to have stalled...

Some leftover chicken Vindaloo.

We have lived in this general area for almost twenty years and finally found an Indian place that delivers. Haven't had it in probably 15 years.

Sweet baby Raptor Ganesh on a hand truck, I had forgotten how much I love Indian food.

Good vindaloo is life changing.

We splurged this afternoon and bought a couple of gorgeous looking T-bone steaks.  Son is at work this afternoon so we had a date dinner at home.  Medium rare t-bone grilled hot and fast, grilled asparagus sprinkled with parmesan cheese, and I sliced a baguette in half length-wise and toasted it on the grill and then rubbed it with a raw garlic clove.  Accompnaied by a bottle of 2011 Trefethen cabernet sauvignon.  Simply sumptuous.

Good vindaloo is life changing.

We splurged this afternoon and bought a couple of gorgeous looking T-bone steaks.  Son is at work this afternoon so we had a date dinner at home.  Medium rare t-bone grilled hot and fast, grilled asparagus sprinkled with parmesan cheese, and I sliced a baguette in half length-wise and toasted it on the grill and then rubbed it with a raw garlic clove.  Accompnaied by a bottle of 2011 Trefethen cabernet sauvignon.  Simply sumptuous.

I've been doing mine width-wise. :wallbash:

Chia seed pudding.  I've had it before and liked it, but I made it myself the other day and for some reason the texture is very off-putting now.  Maybe didn't sweeten it enough or restaurant versions were partially blended, but wish I hadn't wasted so many chia seeds on this recipe.  :/

Lake Erie perch fish fry. 

Was out in a friends' boat last weekend catching perch in Lake Erie.  Took us most of the day to find a good school of fish, but by the time we were done, we had enough for a couple good meals.  I haven't been perch fishing in ages.  Catch quite a few while fishing for other things, but that day we were out to fill a cooler with perch.  Was alot of fun. 

I like mine corn meal coated, doused with creole seasoning.  Deep fried.  With a handful of fries and slaw.  Southern Tier Hop Sun in a glass.

I overate.

Lake Erie perch fish fry. 

Was out in a friends' boat last weekend catching perch in Lake Erie.  Took us most of the day to find a good school of fish, but by the time we were done, we had enough for a couple good meals.  I haven't been perch fishing in ages.  Catch quite a few while fishing for other things, but that day we were out to fill a cooler with perch.  Was alot of fun. 

I like mine corn meal coated, doused with creole seasoning.  Deep fried.  With a handful of fries and slaw.  Southern Tier Hop Sun in a glass.

I overate.

We've...

I hate you.

I don't even want to weigh myself in the morning. I've been eating homemade pie — pizza and strawberry-rhubarb — all weekend. (Homegrown rhubarb, too, so take that, We've!) And as for the people who turn their nose up at odd cheese choices on pizza, if extra sharp cheddar (Cuba Cheese) on pizza is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Edited by PASabreFan

Mother's Day

We had 15 people at the house.  My mom, in laws, Sister and her family, Sister in law and her family.  We can't seat that many for a sit down dinner so I went with a Tapas menu.  Food started coming out around 2:30 and kept going until 6:30.

Roasted chick peas with garlic, oregano and lemon juice, then butterflied chicken breasts marinated in Greek seasonings and citrus/ginger, sliced into strips and served with corn tortillas, then bacon wrapped water chestnuts and bacon wrapped asparagus drizzled with a balsamic reduction, later curried pumpkin soup, roasted baby potatoes with garlic, oregano, and feta, and the grande finale was grilled pork tenderloin rubbed with Indian spices, sliced thin, served on polenta rounds, and topped with home made mango chutney.

All this done solo.  I am ###### spent.  But the moms were all beaming when they left.

Edited by We've

Discovered a German restaurant in Danbury, CT tonight. In a converted Tudor style house. One waitress, young, attractive, and attired how a male would hope a girl working in a German restaurant would be attired.

Choices, choices..... I looked long and hard at the braised pork shank, shnitzel platter (veal or pork) and the sauerbratten before i chose the roasted 1/2 duck with braised red cabbage and spaetzel.

The spaetzel had to be tried to be believed. Who knew it could be so good? And the duck? Magnificent. Ate the whole damned thing.

And of course, a litre of pilsner. And another of maibock.

Did I mention the apple streudel?

I may be more in love with the chef than with the waitress.

Discovered a German restaurant in Danbury, CT tonight. In a converted Tudor style house. One waitress, young, attractive, and attired how a male would hope a girl working in a German restaurant would be attired.

Choices, choices..... I looked long and hard at the braised pork shank, shnitzel platter (veal or pork) and the sauerbratten before i chose the roasted 1/2 duck with braised red cabbage and spaetzel.

The spaetzel had to be tried to be believed. Who knew it could be so good? And the duck? Magnificent. Ate the whole damned thing.

And of course, a litre of pilsner. And another of maibock.

Did I mention the apple streudel?

I may be more in love with the chef than with the waitress.

Good spaetzel is the unsung hero of German food.

Taught my last class tonight. Might be the last class period, if I move to Buffalo.

I had to give a negative speech addressing some of the problems this class had this semester. It wasn't easy for me.

So I bought a decent bottle of Cab Sauv and am drinking it until my feelings  numb. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.