All about firing people

hockeyhound

Thanks for a real answer. Here's the problem. You're assuming that the role of Corsi goes beyond technique, conditioning and nutrition. "You believe that Corsi operates outside the control of Ruff."???? Bit of a leap.

Ask yourself this: Would Ruff want Miller taking penalties and spending time battling other players, or focus on his positioning, puck control and making the big save?

Post #21

How much influence does Jim Corsi have over these goalies?

Is he the chief architect?

I don't believe Jim is operating outside the control of Lindy Ruff.

I'll tell you what I do beilieve, I believe Jim Corsi is doing his job to the best of his ability; however, his technique, influence and philosophy are not producing results.

Have you ever been mentored or coached?

It goes beyond technique, conditioning and nutrition.

Coaching is more than sharing a technique.

The student picks up on the energy, philosophy's, and additudes of thier coaches.

It's about respect, trust, and confidence that he/she knows what they are talking about and they can make you a better player so you can make a difference.

“It's like being coached by Red Auerbach or Bear Bryant . These are people who only come along once in a lifetime and to say he was your coach ... it's hard to put into words.” - Scotty Bowman-

Some of the finest coaches get in a position were their influence, philosophy's, and techniques have been exhausted; it does not mean they are bad coaches.

Coaches come and go, and it's up to management to determine when they have worn out thier welcome and lost their influence.

"Ask yourself this: Would Ruff want Miller taking penalties and spending time battling other players, or focus on his positioning, puck control and making the big save?"

Can it be both for you?

There is a time and a place for everything, and if you make the right choice at just the right time, will it cost you, yes; however, in the long run you can save yourself a lot of headaches.

Sometimes you have to go out and get respect in this game; you will be tested.

If you were intellectually honest in this debate you would have to concede that I never suggested that Miller trade in his technically sound game for goonsmenship.

Intensity, passion, fight, persistance, intellegence, timing....

Post #21

How much influence does Jim Corsi have over these goalies?

Is he the chief architect?

I don't believe Jim is operating outside the control of Lindy Ruff.

I'll tell you what I do beilieve, I believe Jim Corsi is doing his job to the best of his ability; however, his technique, influence and philosophy are not producing results.

Have you ever been mentored or coached?

It goes beyond technique, conditioning and nutrition.

Coaching is more than sharing a technique.

The student picks up on the energy, philosophy's, and additudes of thier coaches.

It's about respect, trust, and confidence that he/she knows what they are talking about and they can make you a better player so you can make a difference.

“It's like being coached by Red Auerbach or Bear Bryant . These are people who only come along once in a lifetime and to say he was your coach ... it's hard to put into words.” - Scotty Bowman-

Some of the finest coaches get in a position were their influence, philosophy's, and techniques have been exhausted; it does not mean they are bad coaches.

Coaches come and go, and it's up to management to determine when they have worn out thier welcome and lost their influence.

"Ask yourself this: Would Ruff want Miller taking penalties and spending time battling other players, or focus on his positioning, puck control and making the big save?"

Can it be both for you?

There is a time and a place for everything, and if you make the right choice at just the right time, will it cost you, yes; however, in the long run you can save yourself a lot of headaches.

If you were intellectually honest in this debate you would have to concede that I never suggested that Miller trade in his technically sound game for goonsmenship.

So let me get this right.

You want goalies not to be soft, but you don't want them to be thugs.

But you cite guys like Hextall, Smith, Roy, etc. as examples.

You want Miller to not only worry about his own game, but also police his crease and make players that come into it pay. Something that goalies in the modern NHL no longer do. In fact, the last time I saw a goaltender police his own crease, it was Ryan Miller who pounced on an opposing player after being run over in the crease, and it was so unusual that no one knew what to make of it.

You cite the Enroth penalty as an example of goaltender toughness. Here's a problem: he did it to save his hide because he was out of position and needed to slow the Winnipeg player down. I was 8 rows behind him, I saw the entire play. It doesn't even work as an example of your point. Sorry.

You also fail to understand the consequences of wanting Miller to play in some style reminiscent of days of yore. You want him to chop at guys a bit, you want him to battle for his ice, you want him to bring a bull-dog attitude? How does any of that stop him from getting run over? How does that earn him respect?

It doesn't. It accomplishes the opposite. It makes him a target, more than he already is. If he starts taking penalties teams will come after him even more. They'll know how he's going to respond, they'll know he no longer has the composure required of netminders in the modern NHL, and then Ryan Miller sits right in Chris Neil's sights.

And on a personal note, take your "intellectually honest" cop-out, and cram it.

So let me get this right.

You want goalies not to be soft, but you don't want them to be thugs.

Reference to post #25:

Can it be both for you?

But you cite guys like Hextall, Smith, Roy, etc. as examples.

In case you forgot I also included the following:

Ken Dryden, Terry Sawchuk, Andy Brown, Jacques Plante , Glenn Hall, Dominik Hasek, understood that hockey was not for the faint of heart, and they knew how to compete.

You want Miller to not only worry about his own game, but also police his crease and make players that come into it pay. Something that goalies in the modern NHL no longer do. In fact, the last time I saw a goaltender police his own crease, it was Ryan Miller who pounced on an opposing player after being run over in the crease, and it was so unusual that no one knew what to make of it.

I apologize that I can only provide a bit of anecdotal evidence in response to your last comment:

I just watched Craig Anderson of the Ottawa Senators make a pretty convincing arguement why an opposing player should not charge the crease a couple of weeks ago and yes his players backed him up. I know that is weak; however, if you come out from the 8th row and watch more games on T.V. you might find that goalies defending themselves is not as unusual as you think.

You cite the Enroth penalty as an example of goaltender toughness. Here's a problem: he did it to save his hide because he was out of position and needed to slow the Winnipeg player down. I was 8 rows behind him, I saw the entire play. It doesn't even work as an example of your point. Sorry.

Reference post #6:

Enroth showed that his heart was still beating the other night.

I thought Enroth showed some promise when he took a penalty as a player was going to make his move arround the back of the net after beating the defenseman.

Enroth braced his stick on the post and as the player went by he was clothes lined; smart competative move, now if we could just get Ryan to stay on his feet a little longer and play an aggressive physical game, all will be well.

NOWHERE IN THIS TOPIC HAVE SAID THAT WHAT ENROTH DID HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH TOUGHNESS.

What I said was, SMART COMPETATIVE MOVE. He saved what could have been a wrap around goal.

You also fail to understand the consequences of wanting Miller to play in some style reminiscent of days of yore. You want him to chop at guys a bit, you want him to battle for his ice, you want him to bring a bull-dog attitude? How does any of that stop him from getting run over? How does that earn him respect?

Because Miller knows now as a result of the Lucic hit that his teamates will now back up his actions. (chop, chop) Teams will respect Ryan and is crease when they find out what means to be at the end of Robyn Regehr's fists, and any other player in a Buffalo uniform that sees fit to back up Ryan's action. Ryan has good head on his shoulders; he'll figure it out.

It doesn't. It accomplishes the opposite. It makes him a target, more than he already is. If he starts taking penalties teams will come after him even more. They'll know how he's going to respond, they'll know he no longer has the composure required of netminders in the modern NHL, and then Ryan Miller sits right in Chris Neil's sights.

It did not seem to stop the likes of Lucic. If I am not mistaken I have had to endure commentator after commentator talk about how passive and uninterested the Sabres are for years.

The Boston Bruins flirt and dance close to the line and go over it sometimes and may I remind you they are the Stanely Cup Champions. Years prior to that the Anahiem Ducks had the most fighting penalties the year they became Stanley Cup Champions.

And on a personal note, take your "intellectually honest" cop-out, and cram it.

As far as a personal note why don't you take your sanctimonious, acrimonious, non-violent additude somewhere else and go watch your local badminton championship or european hockey.

I am done with this discussion.

A new low.

It's actually the same high....

Without these threads popping up each year, we'd all be banned and/or meeting in undisclosed locations to fight each other. I enjoy the comic relief...

And ya, we need to fire whoever thought it WASN'T a good idea to have ice girls.... F'n idiot.

Maybe we need to hire a food taster for our star players? No expense should be spared! Did I just hear Darcy volunteer?

Hire a food taster - then fire that person, too. No one gets out of this alive!

All this talk of lasers and we still don't have those sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads. :censored:

WHAT is T-Pegs doing? Where are the sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads? Every animal deserves a warm meal.

All this talk of lasers and we still don't have those sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads. :censored:

Our ice should actually be a 10 foot deep pool, the first four feet are frozen, the last 6 are filled with sharks with laser beams attatched to their heads. Thats what this team needs.

http://sabres.nhl.co...s.htm?id=611214

Nobody can argue that under his direction, there hasn't been any improvement in the Sabres brand. He was hired by Ted Black, and he keeps Darcy and Lindy around, so he must be worthless. If we're going to rebuild this team into Stanley Cup winner, we need to clean house, starting with this guy.

One whole day on the job and already the masses want his head. :rolleyes:

http://sabres.nhl.co...s.htm?id=611214

Nobody can argue that under his direction, there hasn't been any improvement in the Sabres brand. He was hired by Ted Black, and he keeps Darcy and Lindy around, so he must be worthless. If we're going to rebuild this team into Stanley Cup winner, we need to clean house, starting with this guy.

You've got it wrong - its the BILLS franchise that allows the marketing guy to make personnel, coach and GM decisions, not the Sabres.

Archived