All about firing people

hockeyhound

Did the In-The –Crease Rule 78-b which was adopted in 1991 and abolished in 2000, create a whole generation of soft goalies?

How did that experimental rule change effect young goalies making their way during that time period?

Growing up watching 70’s and 80’s hockey, the area around the paint was fiercely contested, and goalies did not take crap from players or fellow goalies.

Goalies like, Billy Smith "Battlin' Billy" or "Hatchet Man", Patrick Roy, Garth Snow, Felix Potvin, Ron Hextall, were not SOFT.

The comments about how players should respect goalies, and how goalies need to be protected; how about this, TAKE A PENALTY PANZY.

I am sick of rule changes that seek to regulate player’s actions; maybe it is time to raise the price of the real-estate around the net by allowing goalies to be more aggressive.

So what if a few more fights break out because the goalie stands up for himself.

Ken Dryden, Terry Sawchuk, Andy Brown, Jacques Plante , Glenn Hall, Dominik Hasek, understood that hockey was not for the faint of heart, and they knew how to compete.

Wake up Buffalo and Fire the goalie coach before our goalies forget how to compete.

Did the In-The –Crease Rule 78-b which was adopted in 1991 and abolished in 2000, create a whole generation of soft goalies?

How did that experimental rule change effect young goalies making their way during that time period?

Growing up watching 70’s and 80’s hockey, the area around the paint was fiercely contested, and goalies did not take crap from players or fellow goalies.

Goalies like, Billy Smith "Battlin' Billy" or "Hatchet Man", Patrick Roy, Garth Snow, Felix Potvin, Ron Hextall, were not SOFT.

The comments about how players should respect goalies, and how goalies need to be protected; how about this, TAKE A PENALTY PANZY.

I am sick of rule changes that seek to regulate player’s actions; maybe it is time to raise the price of the real-estate around the net by allowing goalies to be more aggressive.

So what if a few more fights break out because the goalie stands up for himself.

Ken Dryden, Terry Sawchuk, Andy Brown, Jacques Plante , Glenn Hall, Dominik Hasek, understood that hockey was not for the faint of heart, and they knew how to compete.

Wake up Buffalo and Fire the goalie coach before our goalies forget how to compete.

Dude, fire everybody that has a heartbeat on this team.

I wouold also include Sabretooth in the lost of people who must go. He doesn't Rappel down from the rafters before the game anymore. Seems he too has given up on his game. Run him outta here also.

Enroth showed that his heart was still beating the other night.

I thought Enroth showed some promise when he took a penalty as a player was going to make his move arround the back of the net after beating the defenseman.

Enroth braced his stick on the post and as the player went by he was clothes lined; smart competative move, now if we could just get Ryan to stay on his feet a little longer and play an aggressive physical game, all will be well.

or not; fire the goalie coach.

When Enroth came in last year he played inside the crease all the time. He hugged the goal line like Lundqvist in New York. Last year you may also remember Miller playing a good portion of the time out side of the crease cutting down angles. Each style seemed to work for each goalie.

This year all of a sudden Enroth is moving out toward the shooters, and not looking as good. Miller reighned himself in.

If you are going to fire the goalie coach, make it be because he is trying to get these guys to play his style and not what they are comfortable with

Don't fire him because Miller "sucks."

Why is it the Goalie Coaches fault that Miller is stinkin up the joint?

It is the Goalie coaches job to evaluate his goalies by watching video and help them make the appropriate adjustments.

There is a break down somewhere because Miller has been going down early into the butterfly all season, and it is the goalie coaches job to communicate that.

You might agree if your All-Star goalie is stinking it up, you don't get rid of him, you evaluate his relationship with his coach.

Teams have figured out Miller's early drop into the butterfly and they have been exploiting it all season.

Communication, communication, communication; time for a fresh new prospective.

Maybe they are to familar; fimiliararity breeds contempt.

Can Ryans Goalie coach get through to him anymore?

If he can not, then yes it is time to change up the relationship.

Can Ryan take constructive critizisim; some of his interviews suggest that he does not care.

It is the Goalie coaches job to evaluate his goalies by watching video and help them make the appropriate adjustments.

There is a break down somewhere because Miller has been going down early into the butterfly all season, and it is the goalie coaches job to communicate that.

You might agree if your All-Star goalie is stinking it up, you don't get rid of him, you evaluate his relationship with his coach.

Teams have figured out Miller's early drop into the butterfly and they have been exploiting it all season.

Communication, communication, communication; time for a fresh new prospective.

Maybe they are to familar; fimiliararity breads contempt.

Can Ryans Goalie coach get through to him anymore?

If he can not, then yes it is time to change up the relationship.

Can Ryan take constructive critizisim; some of his interviews suggest that he does not care.

Perhaps but Miller was good before he got to Buffalo and was good in Buffalo for awhile so it's not as if he needs a specific coach to be good. I think it's something beyond the coach and with something to do with Ryan, as for what i'm not sure i'm not a doctor or anything.

If you want to fire a goalie coach, fire him because he's not reaching Miller, not because our goalies aren't tomahawking people like that dirtbag Hextall. < Where did this come from?

Where do you people come up with these outrageous ideas?

So I suggest goalies like Hexstall were not soft and you make this huge leap into tomahawking people; where did you come from?

It's a mind set that I am talking about in case you have not noticed.

When you get bullied, you better stand up to the bully or he will make your life missrable.

So I suggest goalies like Hexstall were not soft and you make this huge leap into tomahawking people; where did you come from?

It's a mind set that I am talking about in case you have not noticed.

When you get bullied, you better stand up to the bully or he will make your life missrable.

Ron Hextall was a notorious dirtbag. If you want a goalie to stand up for himself, using Hextall as an example is insane.

The goalie has become a sacred cow in the NHL. They can make big money and can make or break teams. Their teammates are supposed to fight battles for them because goalies are supposed to be valuable assets, not street fighters. The age of lunatic goalies ended with Patrick Roy.

You want to complain about mindset, complain about this team's lack of sack, not Miller for not wanting to make more work for himself on the PK.

When Enroth came in last year he played inside the crease all the time. He hugged the goal line like Lundqvist in New York. Last year you may also remember Miller playing a good portion of the time out side of the crease cutting down angles. Each style seemed to work for each goalie.

This year all of a sudden Enroth is moving out toward the shooters, and not looking as good. Miller reighned himself in.

If you are going to fire the goalie coach, make it be because he is trying to get these guys to play his style and not what they are comfortable with

Don't fire him because Miller "sucks."

No one is saying fire the coach because Miller sucks; did anyone read the initial post?

I never siad the motivation behind firing the coach was because Miller Sucks.

Miller is an All-Star goalie with an additude; I just think it's time to change up the relationship, and get a fresh new prospective.

Enroth is no Miller, and if you ever watch Ludqvist, he remains upright while in the crease which allows him to cover the corners better.

Ron Hextall was a notorious dirtbag. If you want a goalie to stand up for himself, using Hextall as an example is insane.

The goalie has become a sacred cow in the NHL. They can make big money and can make or break teams. Their teammates are supposed to fight battles for them because goalies are supposed to be valuable assets, not street fighters. The age of lunatic goalies ended with Patrick Roy.

You want to complain about mindset, complain about this team's lack of sack, not Miller for not wanting to make more work for himself on the PK.

In case you noticed there is a laundry list of goalies in this thread; it sounds like you have an axe to grind with Hexstall.

Get over it.

I still think it is appropriate for a goalie to take a penalty every once in awhile when the team won't stand up for him.

"The goalie has become a sacred cow in the NHL."

I don't think so. Ryan Miller was coming up through the age of rule 78; however, the rule was abolished, then what. Last time I checked goalies are getting run on a regular bases; so much for the sacred cow.

Two concussions in an 8 month period; if the league is not going to protect you, and your teamates won't protect you then may I suggest it's time to do what is necessary to protect yourself?

No one is saying fire the caoch because Miller sucks; did anyone read the initial post?

I never siad the motivation behind firing the coach was because Miller Sucks.

Miller is an All-Star goalie with an additude; I just think it's time to change up the relationship, and get a fresh new prospective.

Enroth is no Miller, and if you ever watch Ludqvist, he remains upright while in the crease which allows him to cover the corners better.

Is that a good or bad thing at this point in the season?

In case you noticed there is a laundry list of goalies in this thread; it sounds like you have an ax to grind with Hexstall.

Get over it.

I still think it is appropriate for a goalie to take a penalty every once in awhile when the team won't stand up for him.

"The goalie has become a sacred cow in the NHL."

I don't think so. Ryan Miller was coming up through the age of rule 78; however, the rule was abolished, then what. Last time I checked goalies are getting run on a regular bases; so much for the sacred cow.

Two concussions in an 8 month period; if the league is not going to protect you, and your teamates won't protect you then may I suggest it's time to do what is necessary to protect yourself?

I'm still trying to figure out how any of this has to do with the goalie coach.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=611214

Nobody can argue that under his direction, there hasn't been any improvement in the Sabres brand. He was hired by Ted Black, and he keeps Darcy and Lindy around, so he must be worthless. If we're going to rebuild this team into Stanley Cup winner, we need to clean house, starting with this guy.

No one is saying fire the coach because Miller sucks; did anyone read the initial post?

Enroth is no Miller is my point exactly thety have different styles and Enroth is more like Lundqvist. Miller's is nothing like this.

I must be missing the point of firing the coach, are suggesting Corsi should be fired because Miller is not tomahawking people.

I must be slow because that would be a way better reason than subpar play.

Archived