All about firing people

hockeyhound

I figured this would be a good place to discuss all of the real problems this team has, like all the small players in the organization. We know they all need to be fired, all of them. What unsung zeros should get the can?

Moderators please merge threads here as needed.

The purpose of my threads was to legitimately facilitate discussion about the links to the news that I posted (new VP, webcasted practices), but in a sarcastic "Fire ____" framework that seems to be popular lately.

Moderators please leave threads alone as needed.

Also, the players seem too relaxed. Fire Chuck Garlow.

Good idea. Sticks keep breaking, so Dave Williams, Rip Simonick, and George Babcock all need to be out on the street, eating soup from tin cans.

Laundry first, and I won't accept any other actions! Have you seen the pit-stains on the away jerseys? How can someone be expected to play at a high level with dirty jerseys?

I can't believe no one said "Fire the Laser-guided Zamboni drivers". Obviously they aren't doing a good enough job on the ice, otherwise the puck wouldn't constantly bounce off our scorers' sticks.

I can't believe no one said "Fire the Laser-guided Zamboni drivers". Obviously they aren't doing a good enough job on the ice, otherwise the puck wouldn't constantly bounce off our scorers' sticks.

And here I thought the equipment manager should be fired after all his years of service for choosing such poor sticks!

I think the bouncing pucks are the fault of the Puck Cooler. It's his job to make sure the pucks stay cold in a bucket of ice. Maybe we need to invest in a special puck freezer?

http://sabres.nhl.co...s.htm?id=611214

Nobody can argue that under his direction, there hasn't been any improvement in the Sabres brand. He was hired by Ted Black, and he keeps Darcy and Lindy around, so he must be worthless. If we're going to rebuild this team into Stanley Cup winner, we need to clean house, starting with this guy.

Well that's a bitch of a way for me to find out I did not get the job. Bastards.

Nah, fire whoever decided to wear the throwbacks all the time.

As somebody in another thread said we need to move FORWARD not BACKWARD. That throwback jersey never won us any Cups in its day.

Perhaps I can share one of my ideas with the new marketing guy then.. I was going to have the Sabres wear Throw-Forward Jerseys...

And here I thought the equipment manager should be fired after all his years of service for choosing such poor sticks!

Definitely. All the sticks he cares for break or have no goals in them.

I think the bouncing pucks are the fault of the Puck Cooler. It's his job to make sure the pucks stay cold in a bucket of ice. Maybe we need to invest in a special puck freezer?

It's a two-part job. Both should be gone.

Is that a good or bad thing at this point in the season?

It is if you are trying to pattern yourself after Miller.

Miller is reported to be 6'2" and Enroth 5'10".

I think sometimes Miller trusts that he is tall enough to cover the corners while on his knees.

Position and Percentage.

Enroth was going down in the butterfly early several games ago and was chased from the net.

Over the shoulder, over the glove, over and over.

How much influence does Jim Corsi have over these goalies?

Is he the chief architect?

I'm still trying to figure out how any of this has to do with the goalie coach.

Influence and Philosophy.

Coaches are brought in as mentors and teachers, and sometimes their ideas and philosophy's are transfered onto the student.

I would not stand here and bash Miller because he has proven to be an All-Star goalie; however, sometimes you have to reinvent yourself.

Sometimes you need another set of eye's and ears that are not biased.

I guess after the Toronto game, I finally had enough; I just could not watch it anymore.

The same mistakes over and over; furthemore, the lack of passion and fight not just in Miller, but the team as a whole was numbing.

It is if you are trying to pattern yourself after Miller.

Miller is reported to be 6'2" and Enroth 5'10".

I think sometimes Miller trusts that he is tall enough to cover the corners while on his knees.

Position and Percentage.

Enroth was going down in the butterfly early several games ago and was chased from the net.

Over the shoulder, over the glove, over and over.

How much influence does Jim Corsi have over these goalies?

Is he the chief architect?

So you don't have an answer. That's what I thought.

Can you read?

Coaches are brought in as mentors and teachers, and sometimes their ideas and philosophy's are transfered onto the student.

I would not stand here and bash Miller because he has proven to be an All-Star goalie; however, sometimes you have to reinvent yourself.

I guess after the Toronto game, I finally had enough; I just could not watch it anymore.

The same mistakes over and over; furthemore, the lack of passion and fight not just in Miller, but the team as a whole was numbing.

Check post #21

Can you read?

Check post #21

Thanks for a real answer. Here's the problem. You're assuming that the role of Corsi goes beyond technique, conditioning and nutrition. You believe that Corsi operates outside the control of Ruff.

Ask yourself this: Would Ruff want Miller taking penalties and spending time battling other players, or focus on his positioning, puck control and making the big save?

Archived