Scoreboard Watching!

deluca67

Thomas looked comical on that first Caps' goal in the shootout. He flopped onto his back like a 300 pound dude kneeling and on the tips of his toes. Would have been funnier if it wasn't a game that mattered to the Sabres. Oh well, as the saying/cliche goes: don't count on your enemies to do you any favors.

On the subject of comical, I saw replays of the Flyers/Leafs game. The Leafs hung their rookie backup goalie (NHL debut if I'm not mistaken) out to dry with their so-called defense after Gustavsson got hurt in warm-ups. I feel for the kid, really. No matter how I feel about the Leafs as a Sabres fan, I never want to see some young, nervous player getting his chance to live the dream marred like that by a horrible performance. I only saw replays, but it looked like on every single Flyers goal, the D just watched it happen.

If you watched any CAPS shootouts this year, that is THE signature move of Hendricks. He does that weird hesitation and fakes out many a goalie with it. Thomas knew it was coming and still couldn't stop it. That was why he was so mad and swatted the puck away...

Looking at the standings now, the Flyers have closed the gap on Pittsburgh to 2 points, and Philly holds the tiebreaker. I wonder how badly the Pens would like to right the ship and maintain the home ice advantage in the 1st round.

Tomorrow is now a must win. If they can't win then they ultimately don't deserve the 8th spot, although arguably neither do the Caps.

Not that I'm privy to any inside information, but I have to believe the Pens care significantly more about getting to the playoffs in 1 piece than they do about where they sit in the standings. That's my attitude if I'm the coach, anyway.

Not that I'm privy to any inside information, but I have to believe the Pens care significantly more about getting to the playoffs in 1 piece than they do about where they sit in the standings. That's my attitude if I'm the coach, anyway.

I agree, that's why I feel like Fleury would sit tonight. The difference between the 4th and 5th seed throughout the postseason is probably negligible past the first round, until the Finals anyhow. I'm not sure what kind of premium any team really puts on that advantage, in any event.

I thought Boston clinched when they beat Washington yesterday?

Anyway, Washington plays Montreal tomorrow. Oy.

They lost in a shootout to the Caps, but I think a win would have let them clinch last night. No favors to Buffalo by the surrounding teams, that's for sure.

I'm probably kidding myself, but I can see the Caps losing to Montreal tonight.

if this happens, ill eat my hat. and i dont even have a hat, so i'd have to go out and buy one.

the caps have backstrom back tonight, they're going to be all over the habs.

also, c'mon flyers, jeez.

I'm probably kidding myself, but I can see the Caps losing to Montreal tonight.

But I can also see the Sabres blowing one of the 2 against the Leafs.

This is what you get when your team mails it in for 35 games.

With any luck last night's letdown will jolt the Sabres back to playing in desperation mode like they'll need to close out these last four games.

The very rare times I actually cheer for Philly and Boston and they both suck! Sabres will have to win out to make it....gotta take care of their own first

That's why we hate them. They beat the Sabres and then they lose when we want them to win. They suck all the time.

The Caps winning their 2nd consecutive SO definitely puts the Sabres in a bad spot. Thing is, I fully expect the Caps to lose 1 of their last 3 in regulation. If they'd be nice enough to lose another one in OT or outright, the Sabres winning out can get them there.

If they lose to the Loafs again, they don't deserve to move on. Especially w/ Bryzgalov injured, the Phlyers have their same old goaltending issues and are beatable. The B's very likely will be locked into the 2nd seed by the time they play game 82, and other than wanting to drive the nail into the Sabres' coffin very likely won't have anything to play for. I'd expect Turco to get that start (not that facing the backup has been good the last 2 games).

Haven't given up hope but I'm glad I don't have any money on them making it in.

The Panthers have been pretty decent most of the season, not too flashy but very consistent and haven't really hit any long skids. But lately their offense has been very quiet. The Sabres would hold the tiebreaker IF they can win out the rest of their games. If the Panthers get 2 points the rest of the year and BFLO can get 6 they'll be ahead of the Panthers. Tuesday's game on Versus with Panthers vs Caps will be very important. Not sure what is more plausible, the Caps being held to 3 points in their last 4 games, or the Cats being held to 2 points in their last 4 games.

Edit: Thursday's game with Panthers vs Caps on Versus. My bad.

The Panthers have been pretty decent most of the season, not too flashy but very consistent and haven't really hit any long skids. But lately their offense has been very quiet. The Sabres would hold the tiebreaker IF they can win out the rest of their games. If the Panthers get 2 points the rest of the year and BFLO can get 6 they'll be ahead of the Panthers. Tuesday's game on Versus with Panthers vs Caps will be very important. Not sure what is more plausible, the Caps being held to 3 points in their last 4 games, or the Cats being held to 2 points in their last 4 games.

I think it's the Sabres not winning their last three.

Archived