Scoreboard Watching!

deluca67

Washington at Tampa Bay tonight. Notwitstanding all the obits on the Sabres playoff chances after Saturday night, in truth this game will be the true nail in the coffin. A Caps win and it is over except the final statistic counting. A Caps loss, particularly a regulation loss, combined with a Sabres win tomorrow will make it a head bob over the last two games.

What a revolting development, needing the Lightning to win to keep playoff hopes alive. But that's where the Sabres have left us with their inconsistent play over most of the season. At least TB has been solid at home, and the Caps not so good on the road. Tell me in the AM who won.

I live in DC and even Caps fans i know are stunned at how Buffalo killed them and then loses two in regulation over the weekend. What a gift for Wash. And props to the Caps and FLA for getting their games to OT. Seems like when we lose it's always a regulation loss. I know that's not the case but late in the year the Caps have been involved in a lot of 3 point games. No excuse for Buffalo to not get to OT in these past weekend games. So disappointing! I think we are toast at this point.

Washington at Tampa Bay tonight. Notwitstanding all the obits on the Sabres playoff chances after Saturday night, in truth this game will be the true nail in the coffin. A Caps win and it is over except the final statistic counting. A Caps loss, particularly a regulation loss, combined with a Sabres win tomorrow will make it a head bob over the last two games.

What a revolting development, needing the Lightning to win to keep playoff hopes alive. But that's where the Sabres have left us with their inconsistent play over most of the season. At least TB has been solid at home, and the Caps not so good on the road. Tell me in the AM who won.

Yep. Gotta get a TB regulation win tonight. Any WAS victory and we can pretty much pack it in.

Ideal scenario over the next two nights includes a WAS loss tonight, coupled with a FLA regulation loss and BUF win tomorrow. Then, Thursday becomes a HUGE night with BUF at PHI and FLA at WAS.

Trying really hard to keep hope alive.

Washington's magic number is 4pts. Buffalo's Magic Number is non existent after that pathetic excuse they called play this weekend.

Wrong.

Buffalo's magic number still stands at 9. Unfortunately, they only control 6 of those 9 points.

Wrong.

Buffalo's magic number still stands at 9. Unfortunately, they only control 6 of those 9 points.

theres only 6pts left... 3games? HOW THE ###### DO YOU GET 9!!?!?!?!?!?!?

If Washington wins 2 games or gets 4pts, they are at 92 which puts them out of our reach. MAGIC NUMBER IS 4!

Yep. Gotta get a TB regulation win tonight. Any WAS victory and we can pretty much pack it in.

Ideal scenario over the next two nights includes a WAS loss tonight, coupled with a FLA regulation loss and BUF win tomorrow. Then, Thursday becomes a HUGE night with BUF at PHI and FLA at WAS.

Trying really hard to keep hope alive.

in all honesty though, if they couldn't beat toronto, i can't see how the same team is expected to beat both philly and boston. and i know hockey is total swings and roundabouts but that toronto game just plain sucked.

it also seems like the best bet, if washington lose tonight would be to play enroth tomorrow.

but i've got my fingers crossed for a tampa win, so i'll guess we'll see

in all honesty though, if they couldn't beat toronto, i can't see how the same team is expected to beat both philly and boston. and i know hockey is total swings and roundabouts but that toronto game just plain sucked.

it also seems like the best bet, if washington lose tonight would be to play enroth tomorrow.

but i've got my fingers crossed for a tampa win, so i'll guess we'll see

Philly will be down another defenseman (Grossman), and without both Bryz and Briere--- hopefully with Myers coming back by then.

If they can somehow get through the next 2 games with cooperation from the out of town scoreboard--- Game 82 actually meaning something at Boston will absolutely be the most fiting and telling way to end this season.

Philly will be down another defenseman (Grossman), and without both Bryz and Briere--- hopefully with Myers coming back by then.

If they can somehow get through the next 2 games with cooperation from the out of town scoreboard--- Game 82 actually meaning something at Boston will absolutely be the most fiting and telling way to end this season.

agree 100%. there is no team i'd rather have the sabres play (and beat) for playoff contention than the bruins, in boston.

I bet you're the wiseass that hands $21.01 to the cashier when the bill is $5.76

Who wants pennies, and I haven't been to Canada in ages so I've got no need for singles either. ;)

Actually, nowadays I just put everything on plastic and collect the rebate points. :P

Who wants pennies, and I haven't been to Canada in ages so I've got no need for singles either. ;)

Actually, nowadays I just put everything on plastic and collect the rebate points. :P

Don't you think it's funny that is costs Canada 2 cents for every penny they make.

Archived