Stafford needs to go

Eleven

Wayne Simmonds against the Habs: Shoot. Get rebound and try to stuff it. Still no? Try again. No? Try again. Goal.

Drew Stafford: Well, I shot it. It didn't go in.

That's not coaching. That's heart. Simmonds might--MIGHT--have half of Staff's talent. But he gets in and digs. Stafford won't reach for a freaking puck that's three feet away. Please, please get rid of him.

Wayne Simmonds against the Habs: Shoot. Get rebound and try to stuff it. Still no? Try again. No? Try again. Goal.

Drew Stafford: Well, I shot it. It didn't go in.

That's not coaching. That's heart. Simmonds might--MIGHT--have half of Staff's talent. But he gets in and digs. Stafford won't reach for a freaking puck that's three feet away. Please, please get rid of him.

No problem. Would you prefer Getzlaf or Malkin?

Lets discuss last year drew stafford:

He scored 31g but he scored 12g in 4 games... so

he scored 19g in 58 games... how consistent is he really?

With is hat tricks he averages out to 0.84ppg = 69pts a season (82gp)

If you subtract the 4 games and the 12pts he averages out to 0.69 = 56pts a season (82gp)

I would bet money that the second number of 56 pts is right on target for drew and will always be right on target with his ceiling being maybe one time reaching 65+ pts maybe... Still think Darcy should have given him a 4mil a year deal? Still think he will magically figure something out?

This season drew having right now puts him at 42pts by seasons end so hes below average by about 1 point every 4 games... and thats the math behind drew

And have you analyzed the other 27 players that scored 31 or more goals last year? I think you will find that most players a "streaky" scorers. I still don't like Stafford, but he had a great season last year.

And have you analyzed the other 27 players that scored 31 or more goals last year? I think you will find that most players a "streaky" scorers. I still don't like Stafford, but he had a great season last year.

Alright you guys win. I give up and I'm done. Congratulations. Reading this board is making hate hockey. Focker out.

Alright you guys win. I give up and I'm done. Congratulations. Reading this board is making hate hockey. Focker out.

Perhaps the solution is not to post ill-conceived gibberish if you don't want to get called on it.

This. You seem to go right to extreme, and then get upset when it isn't well recieved. The solution isn't to be "done". The solution is moderating the tone and tenor of your posts.

Some fun facts about Drew's Hat Tricks last year. Here's the result of the Stafford hat trick games that IF they don't count:

Dec. 15 - Vs Boston - 2-0 BOS (a -2 point swing)

Jan. 1 - Vs Boston - 6-3 BOS (a -2 point swing)

Feb. 8 - Vs Tampa Bay - 4-4 (a possible -2 point swing)

Feb. 13 - Vs New York Isl. - 6-3 NYI (a 0 point swing as this was a loss anyway)

Oh yeah and we missed the playoffs because his hat tricks didn't happen.

I'm not defending Drew Stafford, but it is silly to ignore his goals.

Edited by DontPatTheGerbe
  • Like (+1) 1

He also had only played in 15 games at this point last season. Just sayin'. ;)

Not that I'm buying into it, but one could make the claim that he still has the same amount of time left this year to bump up those numbers just like he did last year.

This better not be one of those Nova Scotian departures.

Some fun facts about Drew's Hat Tricks last year. Here's the result of the Stafford hat trick games that IF they don't count:

Dec. 15 - Vs Boston - 2-0 BOS (a -2 point swing)

Jan. 1 - Vs Boston - 6-3 BOS (a -2 point swing)

Feb. 8 - Vs Tampa Bay - 4-4 (a possible -2 point swing)

Feb. 13 - Vs New York Isl. - 6-3 NYI (a 0 point swing as this was a loss anyway)

Oh yeah and we missed the playoffs because his hat tricks didn't happen.

I'm not defending Drew Stafford, but it is silly to ignore his goals.

Well done! I was going to post the same thing, but was too lazy to look it up. I was going to suggest he added 8 points all by himself, but 6 is almost as good.