Stafford needs to go

Eleven

Well done! I was going to post the same thing, but was too lazy to look it up. I was going to suggest he added 8 points all by himself, but 6 is almost as good.

Well we could take it one step further and say that in all games where Drew Stafford does not score a goal, he averages zero goals per game.

• Like (+1) 1

This. You seem to go right to extreme, and then get upset when it isn't well recieved. The solution isn't to be "done". The solution is moderating the tone and tenor of your posts.

THIS!!!

We kind of argued about this previously. Although I presume the phrase "isn't well received" is open for interpretation. In my opinion, people need to be more introspective about the feedback they receive in general in life.

I tried to tell him this like two weeks ago. It's a lost cause.

Gotta love Liger and his gang of millenial misfits.

Starting revolutions and changing the world one byte at a time (as long as the facebook servers don't crash).

I miss him already.

GO SABRES!!!

Starting revolutions and changing the world one byte at a time (as long as the facebook servers don't crash).

I miss him already.

GO SABRES!!!

I may not buy into Liger's "millenial" posts at face value as I have not performed the research necessary to know whether he is posting valid scientific fact and / or theory or just pure garbage. But I will admit that all of the Boomer-era folks who have responded along the lines of "Ahhh ya silly kiddo and your theories ha ha ha" brings to mind mental images of "older-generation" folks telling Darwin he was nuts while he was doing his research on birds in the Galapagos Islands. Or the same type of people laughing when theories arose that the Earth was actually round[ish] rather than flat.

I may not buy into Liger's "millenial" posts at face value as I have not performed the research necessary to know whether he is posting valid scientific fact and / or theory or just pure garbage. But I will admit that all of the Boomer-era folks who have responded along the lines of "Ahhh ya silly kiddo and your theories ha ha ha" brings to mind mental images of "older-generation" folks telling Darwin he was nuts while he was doing his research on birds in the Galapagos Islands. Or the same type of people laughing when theories arose that the Earth was actually round[ish] rather than flat.

You are reading waaayyyyyy too much into the responses. Those responses were simply polite brushbacks to obvious condescension. Nothing more.

Wayne Simmonds against the Habs: Shoot. Get rebound and try to stuff it. Still no? Try again. No? Try again. Goal.

Drew Stafford: Well, I shot it. It didn't go in.

That's not coaching. That's heart. Simmonds might--MIGHT--have half of Staff's talent. But he gets in and digs. Stafford won't reach for a freaking puck that's three feet away. Please, please get rid of him.

Reading this board over the years I have come to realize how little NHL coaches actually do.

If i was Lindy i would take that A off his jersey because he's nothing of a leader...

They should take the A from both sides of the jersey to make a real statement.

Stfford

Perhaps the solution is not to post ill-conceived gibberish if you don't want to get called on it.

Nice.

Alright you guys win. I give up and I'm done. Congratulations. Reading this board is making hate hockey. Focker out.

Using "Focker out" or any other not-so-clever Focker movie line/reference isn't helping your cause.

Nice.

Using "Focker out" or any other not-so-clever Focker movie line/reference isn't helping your cause.

My biggest problem with lil liger is that he and I are the same age. The fact that he can't hang with the big boys here like I have since '07 is just embarrassing for me on a personal level. I expect my generation to represent itself better.

My biggest problem with lil liger is that he and I are the same age. The fact that he can't hang with the big boys here like I have since '07 is just embarrassing for me on a personal level. I expect my generation to represent itself better.

I have watched his meltdown with curiosity; however this really offends me. Not because of some perceived generation gap, but simply referencing/giving credence to an all-too-unfunny movie/series like Meet the Parents/Fockers/whatever the hell the 3rd one was called.

Edited by Bmwolf21

Long past where the thread had bumped into Godwin's law...

Good morrow.

Did I miss where we went down the Nazi road? I love a good Hitler hijacking.

Did I miss where we went down the Nazi road? I love a good Hitler hijacking.

I shan't spoil't the fun for ye. T'is in here, right about the middle of the thread. Enjoy!

Edited by sizzlemeister

I shan't spoil't the fun for ye. T'is in here, right about the middle of the thread. Enjoy!

Damn, I did miss it! I didn't bother to read his whole post there. I saw the "Good Day Sir" clip and just assumed the text was optional.

The circle is complete.

Stafford does need to go, So does Sekera, so does Boyes. Zassian deserves a spot on this team along with McNabb. I am sick of seeing Ellis out there as well, great guy but not an NHL player. We need scoring from all of our lines, not just one. I am sick of seeing blown coverage when the other team is coming across the blue line.

Remember in the off-season, how dangerous we were supposed to be with our "rolling lines?"

I miss him already.

GO SABRES!!!

Hey. Your shadowman is better than mine! Dammit.

Remember in the off-season, how dangerous we were supposed to be with our "rolling lines?"

Now it's rolling injuries.

Nice job losing the puck at the half-wall on the powerplay tonight, Stafford. It was great watching some anonymous D-man strip you of it while you just kind of hung out and let it happen.

Yeah, you fought for a puck (and lost it) in the third when the team finally got it to 6-3. Great effort, kid!

I've missed something. What the ###### is going on in this thread?

Stafford sucks and should be moved.

Stafford's contract should be another nail in Regier's coffin.

Yet the insanity continues.

Watching the Pitt game last night I found myself actually yelling at the t.v. at both MAG's for his terrible positioning on a 3v2 rush (he played the entire rush outside the left dot, while Malkin skated right up the middle and scored in the slot) and Stafford for his disinterested play the entire game. I hate playing the 'change must happen now' card, cause we see that far too often here as a knee jerk reaction to a bad game, but this has been going on for a long time.

I actually said out loud "what are you doing there Mag; who are you covering?!"

I'm glad someone else caught that...

I rewound it about three times so that everyone I was watching the game with could understand why I was yelling. My father was under the impression that the goal was a weak one by Miller until I reiterated how much time and space MAG's gave one of the top 10 players in the league by skating 5 feet from the sideboards :doh:

I'm glad someone else caught that...

I rewound it about three times so that everyone I was watching the game with could understand why I was yelling. My father was under the impression that the goal was a weak one by Miller until I reiterated how much time and space MAG's gave one of the top 10 players in the league by skating 5 feet from the sideboards :doh:

YOU noticed it, but Ruff probably didn't.

Isn't Teppo supposed to be sitting in the stands somewhere observing all of this?