Stafford needs to go

Eleven

You obviously weren't around when Dave Schultz was a Sabre. I was embarrassed for the organization.

Well, all I can do is preach to the choir. I think with the impetus to improve pervading the fan base (and certainly the ownership), patience is in shorter supply than usual. I'll admit to that as well.

Last year I liked Roy a lot and felt his best days were ahead of him. I loved Ennis too - and his best days ARE ahead of him.

Now I'm ready to dump them both along with doorstops like Stafford. Include Pominville too - he's too soft to captain the kind of team I'd like to see challenge for the Cup.

I guess this "Let's have a Cup-contending team" energy is making me more impatient, along with some others here too. It's like, "Hey, if we're serious about being very good, it's time to dump the dead wood that's overstayed its welcome." I'm on that bandwagon because it is obvious to everyone that changes are needed.

Are you warming up to Kassian?

:clapping: Excellent summary of where a lot of fans are at. "Impatient" is the proper description - and TPegs has only himself to blame for that. I wish WGR would have the Black interview on their site, I'm curious to hear what he said this morning. The promos make it sound no different than last week, but let's hope #1 Sabres Fan Tpegs has lit a fire under his butt.

Not much. Black did say that they sort of set themselves up for it though. Something like "we had the fans tell us what they wanted around the arena, etc and we delivered it immediately. With where the Sabres are now no wonder they're impatient".

You have a good memory. Yes, some...although every time I see Kulikov's name in the scoring stats I cringe.

Not as much as we cringe when we see

Kulikov's name in your posts.

I'll say it...I never want another Russian on this team. For every Datsyuk there is a Afinogenov, Kalinin, Semin, Kryukov. Even with the best if the lot they are head cases. See Kovy & Ovie.

Edited by inkman

I'll say it...I never want another Russian on this team. For every Datsyuk there is a Afinogenov, Kalinin, Semin, Kryukov. Even with the best if the lot they are head cases. See Kovy & Ovie.

Are you really Don Cherry in disguise?

• Like (+1) 1

I think Darcy feels the same way you do. Damn Eurotrash aren't worth wasting a draft pick on

Are you really Don Cherry Mike Millbury in disguise?

Fixed that for you. ;)

Edited by korab rules

Scoring multiple goals isn't a weakness....it is usually indicative that a player recognizes a match-up problem and makes the other team pay.

I am not saying its a weakness. I am saying it points to staffords tendency to be a very streaky point producer. I removed those 4 games because I guy who only bothers to show up for 4 games is no good to anyone. IF he was currently even scoring a little then maybe we could have some hope but as of right now those 4 games seem to be an anomaly. The guy has 5 goals this entire season...

Are you really Don Cherry in disguise?

Well, I can't agree with a blanket refusal to bring in Russian players, but at the same time there is an undeniable issue with quite a few of the Russian players across the NHL. Kovy and Ovechkin look like franchise-killers right now. Semin is even worse in the playoffs than the Sabres' top 6. Nashville had a good forward who bolted for the KHL despite being under contract. And Khabibulin did time in the slammer last year for DWI!

Of course, Malkin and Datsyuk are pretty good...

I am not saying its a weakness. I am saying it points to staffords tendency to be a very streaky point producer. I removed those 4 games because I guy who only bothers to show up for 4 games is no good to anyone. IF he was currently even scoring a little then maybe we could have some hope but as of right now those 4 games seem to be an anomaly. The guy has 5 goals this entire season...

This just in - Stafford really sucks when he's not scoring hat tricks.

• Like (+1) 2

This just in - Stafford really sucks when he's not scoring hat tricks.

You add about as much intelligence to a conversation as Sarah Palin.

Your ability to persecute, ridicule and otherwise torment other posters is somewhat akin to a certain fascist regime that existed during the 1930's through 1945.

It amazes me that you can so blatantly misuse, misquote and otherwise misrepresent the ideas of a poster because you are still throwing a temper tantrum like some five year old child over the fact that Brad freaking Boyes has occasionally played center in the NHL.

I am returning you to the blocked list, your constant and incessant antics add nothing to a majority of the discussions you become involved in.

• Like (+1) 2

Well, I can't agree with a blanket refusal to bring in Russian players, but at the same time there is an undeniable issue with quite a few of the Russian players across the NHL. Kovy and Ovechkin look like franchise-killers right now. Semin is even worse in the playoffs than the Sabres' top 6. Nashville had a good forward who bolted for the KHL despite being under contract. And Khabibulin did time in the slammer last year for DWI!

Of course, Malkin and Datsyuk are pretty good...

The Russian hockey player seems to be disappearing from the league.

About 10 years ago their were about 60 in the NHL.....the league is probably down to less than 20 regular Russian players today.