Ryan Miller denies involvement in trade rumors

spndnchz

I would think that Anaheim would want an NHL-ready defenseman, not an uncertain prospect, so I'd guess Sekera, MAG, Leopold or Weber.

Given that we are giving three NHL level players, it would be nice to be able to pull a AHL/third line/fourth line center as part of the deal? That would help our depth a lot IMO.

Someone like Peter Holland C in their AHL system?

That was me. In response to an alleged offer someone linked to (queen city sports) claiming an offer of Schenn, Grabovski, Bozak and/or Kadri. I call that a King's ransom. Schenn just turned 22 and is in his FOURTH NHL season - to early to tell how good he will become. Grabovski is the second best player in Toronto's entire organization. Kadri is only 21, a 7th overall pick, and is the top prospect in their organization. Bozak is a decent young center still finding his way.

Okay so the offer I mentioned and the offer you mentioned are on very different levels in terms of value. Multiple young NHL level players in yours...

I completely agree with the bolded part, but there's a real possibility that Iggy, prison scars or no, is in steep decline. His numbers are down 50% from last year and he was invisible when the Sabres played Calgary earlier this year.

If Iginla's numbers stay way down, we might be able to get him pretty cheap at the trade deadline. And even if he's past his prime, his leadership would help big time in the playoffs and I do think he'd find a way to contribute in the postseason.

Also, I'm really hoping we don't end up trading Luke Adam. He's probably our third best forward so far this season (after Vanek and Pominville) and it's his rookie season. He's still getting better and costs us just about nothing. Hopefully he's here to stay.

I would think that Anaheim would want an NHL-ready defenseman, not an uncertain prospect, so I'd guess Sekera, MAG, Leopold or Weber.

Pick one. They can handle the cap hit - they have 3.6 left in cap space with BR on their books. They could fit any of the names you list AND Staff AND Ennis.

But I want to get bigger and tougher personally, and while acquiring B. Ryan for Stafford and Ennis would do that, losing McNabb is counterproductive. Aren't some of the AHL defensemen supposedly just as good prospects?

As McNabb? Not even close. Right now I'd say McNabb's ceiling is as high as Myers. The other guys in Rochester are JAG. Brennan is nice, Schiestal is alright but they are nowhere near McNabb. Pysyk and Jerome Gauthier-Leduc are in Juniors and have a higher organ-eye-zational value.

Bottom line, trading McNabb or Kassian better bring back more than Bobby Ryan. I'd want Getzlaf.

That was me. In response to an alleged offer someone linked to (queen city sports) claiming an offer of Schenn, Grabovski, Bozak and/or Kadri. I call that a King's ransom. Schenn just turned 22 and is in his FOURTH NHL season - to early to tell how good he will become. Grabovski is the second best player in Toronto's entire organization. Kadri is only 21, a 7th overall pick, and is the top prospect in their organization. Bozak is a decent young center still finding his way.

I must have missed Grabovski. That definitely makes it a rich deal. I also agree that Bozak is a decent-to-good player.

Pick one. They can handle the cap hit - they have 3.6 left in cap space with BR on their books. They could fit any of the names you list AND Staff AND Ennis.

Anaheim is on a pretty tight budget though -- well below the cap. I don't think they're going to want to have a net increase in salary obligations from any trade (although I'd expect they'd be fine with an increase in cap hit as long as the actual cash didn't increase).

Separately, I think Chris Botta is a pretty reputable source, so I must say that I find this rumor fairly compelling.

As McNabb? Not even close. Right now I'd say McNabb's ceiling is as high as Myers. The other guys in Rochester are JAG. Brennan is nice, Schiestal is alright but they are nowhere near McNabb. Pysyk and Jerome Gauthier-Leduc are in Juniors and have a higher organ-eye-zational value.

Bottom line, trading McNabb or Kassian better bring back more than Bobby Ryan. I'd want Getzlaf.

I agree with all of this except JGL - all we know about him is that he scores a bunch of points in the highest scoring league on the planet.

That was me. In response to an alleged offer someone linked to (queen city sports) claiming an offer of Schenn, Grabovski, Bozak and/or Kadri. I call that a King's ransom.

The quote said a combination of those guys. To me that means, some of these dudes, not all of them.

I must have missed Grabovski. That definitely makes it a rich deal. I also agree that Bozak is a decent-to-good player.

Anaheim is on a pretty tight budget though -- well below the cap. I don't think they're going to want to have a net increase in salary obligations from any trade (although I'd expect they'd be fine with an increase in cap hit as long as the actual cash didn't increase).

Separately, I think Chris Botta is a pretty reputable source, so I must say that I find this rumor fairly compelling.

That was the alleged offer I saw that I called a King's ransom, but I also don't believe it - it is too much. I think Staff, Ennis and a D prospect not named McNabb - to include MAG or Weber - is a pretty good haul that will meet or beat any offer out there. We have an extra second round pick this year that I would also consider throwing on the pile. They get immediate help up front - a D-man who could bolster their troops sooner or later, and there is little to no added cap hit. Sure, they lose ~35 goals, but they be getting more than that back.

But I want to get bigger and tougher personally, and while acquiring B. Ryan for Stafford and Ennis would do that, losing McNabb is counterproductive. Aren't some of the AHL defensemen supposedly just as good prospects?

No way do they trade Mcnabb..He has shown more grit on our blueline in 2 games than any dman we have had since a healthy Larry Playfair broke his leg in the playoffs in 83-84 against the Bruins..If they trade him they will regret it for yrs....He stops offensive rushes before they get started....He is only gonna get better...Those players come along once in avery longtime..

He better be taking a pay cut! Seriously! :angry:

I don't know. I've been a pretty big gaustad basher over the years, but his play and skating is much improved this year. Of course it's a contract year, but he is actually earning his cap number of 2.3 right now. Of course I would have no objection to a hometown discount...

"Sabres have an offer of Stafford, A young NHL ready player (my guess is Ennis), and a D prospect on the table."

Second if this is the deal and if its possible would the sabres faithful here consider it worth it?

Only if the prospect isn't named McNabb. Stafford and Ennis is huge value. The D prospect would be inconsequential.

I don't know. I've been a pretty big gaustad basher over the years, but his play and skating is much improved this year. Of course it's a contract year, but he is actually earning his cap number of 2.3 right now. Of course I would have no objection to a hometown discount...

He's a 30pt player with very good faceoff skills. IMO a borderline 3rd liner. Off the top of my head his equivalent is probably about Jason Chimera or maybe Steve Ott. I'd say he's about market value right where he is now. No raise.

Archived