GDT: Devils at Sabres 11/16/11 7:30PM

LGR4GM

- Sabres stop home for 1 game to take on the New Jersey Devils at First Niagara Center at 7:30pm. TV: Versus

- The Devils (8-7-1) are 4-4-0 on the road and 5-5-0 in their last ten. They have only scored 40 goals which ranks 2nd least in the eastern conference behind the Islanders.

- Elias leads the Devils in goals (6) and assists (9) and Johan Hedberg has racked up 6 wins in 9 starts while posting a

2.29 GAA and a .917 SV%

- Jhonas Enroth (6-0-0) ranks 4th best in GAA (1.76) and SV% (.942) for goalies who have started at least 5 games this season.

- Keys for the Sabres will be to pressure a NJ defense that has allowed 45 goals in 16 games. Vanek, Roy, and Pommers should be able to get a lot of pucks to the net and hopefully our defense can chip some in from the point.

- NJ may be a "weaker" opponent than Boston or Montreal but they have several offensive threats that can light the lamp even considering the slow start to the year. If the sabres can keep shooters to the outside and play strong in their own zone they should be able to beat this Devils team.

Key players to watch:

NJ - Parise, Elias, Kovalchuk

Buf - Vanek, Roy, Pommers

Sounds like Cody is a no-go. Wonder what his deal is?

Answered my own question. John Vogl from his live chat.

3:03 [Comment From KentKent: ]

What's McCormick's status? Are they going to call someone up?

Tuesday November 15, 2011 3:03 Kent

3:03 John Vogl: McCormick missed practice today. He got banged up in a fight during the Winnipeg game last week, and Lindy Ruff said today he took a hit last night in Montreal and didn't feel well following it

Tuesday November 15, 2011 3:03 John Vogl

3:04 John Vogl: Odds are good they'll need a call-up, but Lindy said they hadn't decided yet

Not good if the designated hitter has a concussion. Certainly would explain Cody's non-reaction to Lucic.

Sounds like Cody is a no-go. Wonder what his deal is?

Per Lindy: "He isn't feeling too well"

I wouldn't want to guess what that means.

But since other have speculated since I typed my comment - I wouldn't be surprised is he does have a concussion.

Answered my own question. John Vogl from his live chat.

3:03 [Comment From KentKent: ]

What's McCormick's status? Are they going to call someone up?

Tuesday November 15, 2011 3:03 Kent

3:03 John Vogl: McCormick missed practice today. He got banged up in a fight during the Winnipeg game last week, and Lindy Ruff said today he took a hit last night in Montreal and didn't feel well following it

Tuesday November 15, 2011 3:03 John Vogl

3:04 John Vogl: Odds are good they'll need a call-up, but Lindy said they hadn't decided yet

Not good if the designated hitter has a concussion. Certainly would explain Cody's non-reaction to Lucic.

Per Lindy: "He isn't feeling too well"

I wouldn't want to guess what that means.

He didnt fight because his face was stitched up from the previous fight. He doesnt have a concussion its a diff injury.

I'll reserve judgement for after we see the result. Although, Liger is currently undefeated just like Enroth ...

A Liger is a creature that does not exist in nature - it is a bastard child of human meddling - it is genetically flawed, and the male children if this forbiden cross species intercourse tend to be sterile.

Good nickname.

Archived