GDT: Devils at Sabres 11/16/11 7:30PM

LGR4GM

per hoppe and vogl on twitter: myers back, weber in, MAG out.

i like MAG a lot -- haven't forgotten what he did in last year's playoffs -- but this team is in dire need of what weber brings, and can get enough of what MAG brings from other d-men.

Exactly. Good move. Hopefully Tyler1 has learned from his one-game benching, and Ruff is wisely making the choice to play one Sekera instead of two.

I can't disagree with that. Who do we put in his place though?

As an alternative to sitting Mag. Mag looks sloppy from time to time, but he needs to play to get better. I would rather live with the mistakes of a kid with his upside than watch Leopold put the puck on the tape of forchecking forwards. Leopold is as good right now as he will ever be.

As an alternative to sitting Mag. Mag looks sloppy from time to time, but he needs to play to get better. I would rather live with the mistakes of a kid with his upside than watch Leopold put the puck on the tape of forchecking forwards. Leopold is as good right now as he will ever be.

This is what i've been saying to friends and family for about a week now. Leo just doesn't do it for me, and at least MAG has the potential to learn and improve. But all this is just conjecture as he probably won't get benched since he is one of the only veterans we have on the back end.

Just glad Weber stays. We need the muscle bad.

This is what i've been saying to friends and family for about a week now. Leo just doesn't do it for me, and at least MAG has the potential to learn and improve. But all this is just conjecture as he probably won't get benched since he is one of the only veterans we have on the back end.

I think we should just rotate the 7 of them. Keep them fresher for the end of the season...this would keep them all in game shape and cut down on wear and tear.

All I have to say about Gragnani after watching his goal in Boston is why doesn't he shoot the puck more often. That thing was a beauty.

What about if we want to sit MAG and Leopold. I know it'll never happen, but who might be the next in line from Rochester on D? Not condoning it as a good idea, but I'm curious, and admittedly way too busy to do the legwork and find the answer for myself. :blush:

All I have to say about Gragnani after watching his goal in Boston is why doesn't he shoot the puck more often. That thing was a beauty.

Agreed. Although I think he has tried to take a good number of shots, but like the epidemic that seems to have plagued the Sabres for a number of seasons, he seems to fire them right into the shot blockers. His vision doesn't jive with his abilities.

Agreed. Although I think he has tried to take a good number of shots, but like the epidemic that seems to have plagued the Sabres for a number of seasons, he seems to fire them right into the shot blockers. His vision doesn't jive with his abilities.

I'd say the exact opposite about him. He almost always passes. He was getting to the point where if I was the opposing team, I would just cover every passing lane and leave him completely alone.... then he took that shot.

MAG out, Myers in -- glad to see Weber getting PT, and as others had posted from Monday, it seems he was not rusty coming in from the press box.

Wonder what the defensive pairings will look like here? Myers+Shakira? :unsure:

Per Lindy: "He isn't feeling too well"

I wouldn't want to guess what that means.

I heard he was in a wing-eating contest and was seen on Chippewa late last night. :rolleyes:

My big toe has never once lost a hockey game. BIG TOE FOR GM!

BT4GM?

I'd say the exact opposite about him. He almost always passes. He was getting to the point where if I was the opposing team, I would just cover every passing lane and leave him completely alone.... then he took that shot.

Maybe you're right. I haven't seen all of the games so maybe my sample size is insufficient.

Maybe MAG is smarter than all of us. Maybe that was his game all along. Make other teams relax their D against him and then he can open up. Wouldn't that be cool?

It doesn't matter. Teams will figure him out. He's a fluke.

Vanek always sits in front of the net on the PP, why does he keep on scoring?

Hockey isn't like football. You don't just figure out the offense and shut it down. Enroth is a solid goaltender and he has already proved it to us IMO. We're the luckiest team in the league considering he's just our back-up. Other teams would buckle if their starting Goalkeep went down with a concussion.

For the record, I like the move. I battled the MAG flag wavers early on but I'm tired of his game by now. Give me defensive stability. I need it to live.

Me too. I have no complaint with MAG's play, but recent events have convinced me that this team needs more of the blood and guts that Weber has. While I'm not sure that he provides more defensive stability than MAG (i.e. I'd guess that in terms of turnovers and getting the puck out of the zone efficiently, they are about equal), there is no doubt in my mind that if Weber had been on the ice when Lucic ran Miller, Weber would've attacked Lucic immediately and forcefully.

I'd like to see Leopold take a seat. His offensive game is in high gear but he's a mess in his own end right now.

I thought Leopold was playing pretty well earlier in the season, but he was the shakiest defender against the Habs IMHO. And what's with giving your loved ones the good hockey commentary but withholding it from the board?

I think we should just rotate the 7 of them. Keep them fresher for the end of the season...this would keep them all in game shape and cut down on wear and tear.

This. Either just sit each guy once every 7 days, or sit the guy that had the worst game the last time out.

Archived