GDT: Devils at Sabres 11/16/11 7:30PM

LGR4GM

Me too. I have no complaint with MAG's play, but recent events have convinced me that this team needs more of the blood and guts that Weber has. While I'm not sure that he provides more defensive stability than MAG (i.e. I'd guess that in terms of turnovers and getting the puck out of the zone efficiently, they are about equal), there is no doubt in my mind that if Weber had been on the ice when Lucic ran Miller, Weber would've attacked Lucic immediately and forcefully.

I thought Leopold was playing pretty well earlier in the season, but he was the shakiest defender against the Habs IMHO. And what's with giving your loved ones the good hockey commentary but withholding it from the board?

I don't want to sound like a raving lunatic repeating the same thing over and over. Kicking a dead horse is frowned upon around here IIRC. (Actually, didn't we use to have a dead horse .gif a few years back for a specific topic that kept getting brought up)

In terms of Leopold, from watching the games it looks to me like he makes just as many shaky plays, turnovers and poor positioning as the rest of the d-men. The only difference is that he has been around twice as long as Sekera/MAG/Myers etc. With Leo, what you see is what you get, and I would rather have a young player in there with the chance to improve.

Then again, in my ideal world, we would have 6 Robyn Reghers out there every night.

Nice GDT there young LGR. You're giving Chz and assquatch a run for their money.

I've been saying this for weeks now about our depth! This is why we can move Chz! We still have a capable GDT starter behind assquatch.

It doesn't matter. Teams will figure him out. He's a fluke.

There's a whole article on the front page of NHL.com praising every aspect of Enroth's play and touting him like he's the next big thing. Not saying either of you are right, it's just interesting.

And what's with giving your loved ones the good hockey commentary but withholding it from the board?

Yeah, what the hell?

I have an ongoing bet with one of my co-workers for all the Devils-Sabres games this year. 10 bucks for each win, double for a sweep. I want my eighty dollars.

This. Either just sit each guy once every 7 days, or sit the guy that had the worst game the last time out.

I don't think this is the answer. Every game the defense would be out there playing not to make a mistake in hopes of not being the one on the chopping block the next game. I want our players to play with confidence and be able to work through any mistakes that will come, not looking over their shoulders every time something goes wrong.

If everyone is complaining about the team being "soft" ( :pirate: ) now, this would make them all play like pantywaists...

I thought Leopold was playing pretty well earlier in the season, but he was the shakiest defender against the Habs IMHO. And what's with giving your loved ones the good hockey commentary but withholding it from the board?

Yeah, what the hell?

I have an ongoing bet with one of my co-workers for all the Devils-Sabres games this year. 10 bucks for each win, double for a sweep. I want my eighty dollars.

I said I was sorry... geez :bag:

From now on, every Sabres related thought will be mentioned on the board prior to telling the person sitting next to me ;)

I've been saying this for weeks now about our depth! This is why we can move Chz! We still have a capable GDT starter behind assquatch.

There's a whole article on the front page of NHL.com praising every aspect of Enroth's play and touting him like he's the next big thing. Not saying either of you are right, it's just interesting.

Yeah, what the hell?

Although I agree that we have great depth and other posters would step up to start GDT's, I think Chz's intangibles make her an asset, far beyond simple GDT starting. Great hockey IQ and veteran leadership are also key factors. If anything, Chz is franchised.

I don't think this is the answer. Every game the defense would be out there playing not to make a mistake in hopes of not being the one on the chopping block the next game. I want our players to play with confidence and be able to work through any mistakes that will come, not looking over their shoulders every time something goes wrong.

If everyone is complaining about the team being "soft" ( :pirate: ) now, this would make them all play like pantywaists...

Agreed. No player should feel complacent to the extent that they aren't pushing themselves, but you don't want everybody anxious that their next mistake will take them off the blue line and into the buffet line behind Bucky Gleason. Guys need to be loose. It's a tough balance to strike and hopefully Lindy has enough experience to pull it off.

Although I agree that we have great depth and other posters would step up to start GDT's, I think Chz's intangibles make her an asset, far beyond simple GDT starting. Great hockey IQ and veteran leadership are also key factors. If anything, Chz is franchised.

There's a name for boobs I haven't heard yet... :nana:

Considering how the defense is shaken up again for this game I hope to see Myers with Regehr or Weber. He seems to do his best work when paired with a hard-nosed type of partner.

Sekera is the next player in the hot seat so I am interested to see exactly how he contributes tonight, whether its being solid in his own end or something else.

Finally, Leopold and Ehrhoff need to be noticeable. I understand that it is only game 17 but Ehrhoff is a vet and he should be able to learn a new system or at least start to improve by then. Leo is pretty much doing what he usually does. If our big contract def can't handle it then bench them for a game and bring up Brennen or McNabb... if that doesn't light a fire nothing will.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Why thank you kind Sir.

There's a name for boobs I haven't heard yet... :nana:

Oh no, the boobs are tangible. Def. not a liability.

I wonder what the best 20 game career start is all time for goalies.

Anyone know?

I don't know what the best 20 game career start is, but Patty Lalime holds the NHL record for longest unbeaten streak from the start of a career (14-0-2).

--Not to say that the situation is the same, since Enroth's are coming over two seasons.

How does that make everyone feel?

I don't know what the best 20 game career start is, but Patty Lalime holds the NHL record for longest unbeaten streak from the start of a career (14-0-2).

--Not to say that the situation is the same, since Enroth's are coming over two seasons.

How does that make everyone feel?

Let's not forget that LALIME was in his late 30's while playing for the SABRES.

I think we should just rotate the 7 of them. Keep them fresher for the end of the season...this would keep them all in game shape and cut down on wear and tear.

Rotate 7? Let's just start 7 or 8. It's getting harder to tell who plays offense or defense lately anyhow.....what is Ehrmuff? Like -10 :blush:

Archived