GDT: Winnipeg at Buffalo 11/8/11 7:00PM

nfreeman

Well, it's after midnight, so I think I'll take a shot at my first GDT of the new season. (For a game with a palindromic date and a goalie controversy!)

I'd like to see:

1. Bounceback game from Miller

2. Continued improvement from Roy-Leino-Stafford

3. Another strong game from Myers, who is starting to crank it up. I thought he was really good on Friday night vs Calgary but not quite as good on Saturday vs Ottawa.

4. Adam-Vanek-Pommer light the lamp again.

5. Some action on the power play.

Go Sabres.

Well, it's after midnight, so I think I'll take a shot at my first GDT of the new season. (For a game with a palindromic date and a goalie controversy!)

I'd like to see:

1. Bounceback game from Miller

2. Continued improvement from Roy-Leino-Stafford

3. Another strong game from Myers, who is starting to crank it up. I thought he was really good on Friday night vs Calgary but not quite as good on Saturday vs Ottawa.

4. Adam-Vanek-Pommer light the lamp again.

5. Some action on the power play.

Go Sabres.

So now for my morning mental wakeup I just had to figure the last palindrome dates of the year and of the century.

I just want to see a win. I don't care how it happens. I haven't seen a win, live, in about forever, it seems.

So now for my morning mental wakeup I just had to figure the last palindrome dates of the year and of the century.

I just want to see a win. I don't care how it happens. I haven't seen a win, live, in about forever, it seems.

hardly the last one of the century, but whatever. :)

i want to see a full 60 minutes of hard-hitting, gritty hockey. none of this "hey let's skate around and practice our dipsy-doo moves *coughLENIOcough* and just smack the living sh** out of winnipeg. i don't care who's in net--just play like they know how to play and are fully capable of playing ... yet rarely do for a full 60 minutes. give me that, and i'll be happy.

Jeanneret and Dale Hawerchuk to be inducted into the Buffalo Sabres Hall of Fame tonight.

FWIW I don't care who's in goal tonight. I'm not worried about goalie 1A or 1B. Just win.

Good point. This is a good problem to have for Buffalo and teams like Columbus sure wished they had this problem. I don't think we should be getting bent out of shape and have 50 threads about the goaltending. We have two very capable tenders and in Lindy I trust to make the right call on a given night. I still think we get Miller 65% to 70% of the time but it seems clear that the backup will be used often and hopefully we have two relatively rested goalies come April.

Buffalo took three of four from the then-Thrashers last season, including an 8-2 drubbing March 19.

Sabres left wing Thomas Vanek has been held without a point in consecutive games for the first time this season.

Ondrej Pavelec has started each of the first six games of the trip in goal for the Jets. He's 0-2-1 with a 3.79 GAA overall against the Sabres, having allowed seven goals in four periods.

hardly the last one of the century, but whatever.:)

i want to see a full 60 minutes of hard-hitting, gritty hockey. none of this "hey let's skate around and practice our dipsy-doo moves *coughLENIOcough* and just smack the living sh** out of winnipeg. i don't care who's in net--just play like they know how to play and are fully capable of playing ... yet rarely do for a full 60 minutes. give me that, and i'll be happy.

No no no...I figured the date of the last one of the century. I have to do something in the morning to wake the brain up; usually it is sporcle, but today, freeman game me something else to do.

I don't care if the team smacks the sh*t out of Winnipeg or wins a finesse game, I just really need to see a win. I don't care how it happens. I think the last win I personally witnessed was against Filly in March. It has been way too long.

No no no...I figured the date of the last one of the century. I have to do something in the morning to wake the brain up; usually it is sporcle, but today, freeman game me something else to do.

I don't care if the team smacks the sh*t out of Winnipeg or wins a finesse game, I just really need to see a win. I don't care how it happens. I think the last win I personally witnessed was against Filly in March. It has been way too long.

okay, maybe i'm off on this, but wouldn't 12/11/21 also be a palindrome? what about european style dating? 31/11/13? or 13/11/31? but even if we're sticking with strictly north american style, december 21st, 2021 still works ... doesn't it? not trying to be argumentative, just asking the tough questions. :)

as for the game, agreed. i'd *like* a gritty, pounding 60 minutes of hockey, but i'll take a win in whatever form it shows up, with whomever is in net.

okay, maybe i'm off on this, but wouldn't 12/11/21 also be a palindrome? what about european style dating? 31/11/13? or 13/11/31? but even if we're sticking with strictly north american style, december 21st, 2021 still works ... doesn't it? not trying to be argumentative, just asking the tough questions. :)

as for the game, agreed. i'd *like* a gritty, pounding 60 minutes of hockey, but i'll take a win in whatever form it shows up, with whomever is in net.

It's my thread. American style dating only.

I don't think you've got the answer there. But you're very, very close.

I've seen two losses so far this season. I'll be there tonight...

"Failure is not an option"

GO SABRES!!!!

I've had similar luck for the two games I have attended this year, so I decided not to get tickets tonight. Don't want that bad omen on me for the rest of the season...

I also want a win, with a Miller shutout.

I hope to see goals from our three scoring lines.

I really don't agree to the whole Weber cult.

He was awful against the Flyers. Yes he play hard, but he has not so much skill in my opinion ( similar to Ellis). He is not nearly half a Regehr, more like a 10% Regehr.

Gragnani is a fine passer with great overview and and i believe ue has much more potential than Weberl. I think he will be soon as effective as in the Playoffs last year.

I also hope to see less mistakes from Myers. For the money he will make next year i expect a better performance.

Sekera is in my opinion the real surprise of our D so far. Before the Ottawa game his +- stat was +8.

Lets go Buffalo!

I don't think you've got the answer there. But you're very, very close.

9/9/99, yes?

Edit: Or if you're stickler for using double digits on all three segments, 09/11/90

is this it? cuz it looks legit.

september 9th, 2099. we'll all be long dead and buried. probably, anyway. any future sabres' fans that come to this site, keep this date in mind as it will be a great excuse for an almost-end of the century party.

Weel, we've had a weekful of palindrome dates and another tomorrow. We then move to several next year, starting with Feb. 1.

Archived