GDT: Winnipeg at Buffalo 11/8/11 7:00PM

nfreeman

Buffalo took three of four from the then-Thrashers last season, including an 8-2 drubbing March 19.

Sabres left wing Thomas Vanek has been held without a point in consecutive games for the first time this season.

Ondrej Pavelec has started each of the first six games of the trip in goal for the Jets. He's 0-2-1 with a 3.79 GAA overall against the Sabres, having allowed seven goals in four periods.

With the Sabres winning both of those games....Good to know that it's not all on the shoulders of the top gun!!!

@BNHarrington

Mike Harrington Miller to start. He did not speak to media today, like many starting goalies on gameday. Audio coming from Lindy shortly on Sabres Edge.

Good news there. I was hoping it was Miller tonight. I expect him to look refocused and play well. I think the biggest thing to watch is how the team plays in front of him.

is this it? cuz it looks legit.

september 9th, 2099. we'll all be long dead and buried. probably, anyway. any future sabres' fans that come to this site, keep this date in mind as it will be a great excuse for an almost-end of the century party.

Yes. And apparently I was thinking only of my (likely) lifetime this morning when I came up with 12/22/21 (not 12/21/21).

i expect the team to play hard for their #1A goaltender - 4-2 sabres after an empty netter that counts this time.

miller's first GA will be off of a no-chance-screen on the power play, but the second GA will be a late softie that generates a classic WTF wave.

As the person who coined Millers reaction as the "WTF Wave", I would like to request a smiley that mimics this. Something like this...

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x109/Baby_Girls_Bucket/smileys/?action=view&current=confused-smiley-17432.gif&newest=1

As the person who coined Millers reaction as the "WTF Wave", I would like to request a smiley that mimics this. Something like this...

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x109/Baby_Girls_Bucket/smileys/?action=view&current=confused-smiley-17432.gif&newest=1

That even looks like Miller. We can call it :Wtfwave

nice.

did you know that a google search for miller .gif's returns this?

post-760-098246000 1320778722_thumb.gif

It's been 10 days since Miller has played a full game. That can mean only one thing: Buffalo wins 9-1 but the Jets lone goal comes with 20 seconds left and leaves miller "Shutout-less" in this game.

This.

It's been 10 days since Miller has played a full game. That can mean only one thing: Buffalo wins 9-1 but the Jets lone goal comes with 20 seconds left and leaves miller "Shutout-less" in this game.

This is what should be coined the "Ryan Miller Shutout"

Sabres win, Miller gets his zing back tonight and has a strong outing.

Archived