GDT: Winnipeg at Buffalo 11/8/11 7:00PM

nfreeman

Random stuff from Winnipeg game:

Roy is skating much better than 3 weeks ago.

Pominville should take all the draws on the right side. Man. Nice to see.

Although the point shots aren't getting through on the sabres' PP, the opponent D is coming out so far to block Myers and Erhoff that the cross ice pass in the middle/high slot is wide open. Finally they are using it.

Although I expect Tropp to be sent down, I loved his jam and drive to the net. Strong kid. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Good stuff here. But why would Pommer be more effective in face-offs on one side vs the other? (Not disputing, just curious.)

Who sits?

I would sit Sekera for one.

He's been good most of the year, but Tuesday was a disaster.

Agreed about Reggie on Tuesday, but...

He had a horrendous game, but it is unlike ruff to sit someone after one bad game. I still think Leopold is on the hot seat.

My best guess is MAG sits again and the pairs get re-shuffled so that Weber is on with Reggie, and Myers-Regehr and Ehrhoff-Leopold are reunited. But I wouldn't be too surprised if either of you were right.

Good stuff here. But why would Pommer be more effective in face-offs on one side vs the other? (Not disputing, just curious.)

When Sabres are in the offensive zone and faceoff is on the RH side the opponent is trying to draw the puck to their nearest corner.

A Right hander who is good at faceoffs naturally thwarts the draw going to that corner, so even if he doesn't win the draw the defense may pull the puck on their own net - which is a dangerous play.

Archived