GDT: Winnipeg at Buffalo 11/8/11 7:00PM

nfreeman

Going to the Game with my dad. Its my birthday. Here is a list of things I would like for my 29th Birthday.

a 5-0 win with...

Shutout from Miller

Hat Trick from Vanek

A Goal from Erhoff

A Goal from Leino

Cody McCormick to beat someone up

Nachos and a big Labatt Blue

to start an %!-&!-$!-#! %&$# the Jets! chant (just because)

I'll be happy with a win either way. After living in NYC for 5 years, I haven't seen them win in Buffalo in a very long time.

The decent but not great Rush album?

The first half wasn't so bad. "A Passage to Bangkok" was probably the best tune on there (even though I don't "420"). The rest of the tunes were, well, meh.

I'd like to see at least one Buffalo team beat the Jets at home this week.

Beat me to it. Yeah, that would not be a good sign if Winny wins this one.

nice.

did you know that a google search for miller .gif's returns this?

post-760-098246000 1320778722_thumb.gif

This is legitimately hilarious.

There is no way Ehroff is getting a goal or an assist in tonight's game.

I love you.

How about a 5 hit/3 blocked shot/+2 type performance?

Does that work? :clapping:

No way that a goon like Regier with a girl's name is going to see much ice time tonight.

I'm supposedly drowsy right now because of my medicine. GO SABRES.

I really don't agree to the whole Weber cult.

He was awful against the Flyers. Yes he play hard, but he has not so much skill in my opinion ( similar to Ellis). He is not nearly half a Regehr, more like a 10% Regehr.

Gragnani is a fine passer with great overview and and i believe he has much more potential than Weber. I think he will soon be as effective as in the Playoffs last year.

Lets go Buffalo!

The entire sabres team was awful against the flyers to start that game and Weber came on strong after the first ten minutes. MAG's passing abilities keep being touted as amazing... why then has he not been more effective? MAG has more offensive potential than Weber and thats not the same as being better. We do not need 5 puck moving defensemen on this team and Weber at least is strong on the puck, MAG is so weak in his own zone its sad. I will stick with the cult of Weber until MAG stops playing like weak p.o.s.

The entire sabres team was awful against the flyers to start that game and Weber came on strong after the first ten minutes. MAG's passing abilities keep being touted as amazing... why then has he not been more effective? MAG has more offensive potential than Weber and thats not the same as being better. We do not need 5 puck moving defensemen on this team and Weber at least is strong on the puck, MAG is so weak in his own zone its sad. I will stick with the cult of Weber until MAG stops playing like weak p.o.s.

I will say that MAG is a +2 on the season. This obviously doesn't say everything, but it would seem to imply that the general results of having MAG on the ice have not been disastrous. Why do you call him a p.o.s?

Just because Gragnani isn't the most physical defenseman doesn't mean he isn't good in his own zone. He stays calm and usually makes the solid play, which is a good thing for a young defenseman whose upside supposedly isn't in his own end.

Agreed, Mags is good passing when he is stationary, but not so much when he is moving especially in the center ice area. Shakira is much better there and I think Weber has more speed through the neutral zone. I have not been impressed with Mags' speed in any zone. I would take Weber's physicality play in the D zone and speed over Mags, but both bring different things and Mags has some things to learn at this level to become more effective.

Weber's passing seems to have improved greatly and I am not sure about either's shot skills though I think Weber does a better job of getting his shot on net, but Mags probably maneuvers better to get a shot, just my mo.

Let's get this started..

Rise, hats off please,

O Canada! Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise, The True North strong and free!

From far and wide, O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Okay, sit down and drop the puck

I have finally figured out what is wrong with the Sabres on home ice. How in the world can we expect any respectable Buffalo Sabres player to focus on the game at hand with the worst performance of our national anthem in history throbbing in their ears. This guy has to go...bring in Putin to sing if you have too, or a trained tropical bird, it would have to be better than the assassination of a noble song he forces through their auditory canals at every home game..

I don't know if it's because I'm just really tired, but I just had to choke back tears listening to that RJ highlight reel while I was driving. In fact I still am while he's talking right now. Nope, now I'm crying. I'm an emotional wreck right now over a play by play announcer.

Oh crap, I am sure I am not the only one, but I have mentioned a few times. I was one of those "youngsters hiding the radio under my pillow after lights out...."

Yep.. Never got caught either...

Archived