GDT: Sabres at Lightning 10-22-11 7:00PM

spndnchz

Sabres at Lightning 10-22-11

7:00PM

Who's Hot: Don't be surprised if Buffalo's Thomas Vanek -- who already has six goals and 10 points -- to continue his fine start against Tampa Bay. Vanek has shredded the Lightning over his career, with 22 goals -- including three hat tricks -- in 24 games.

Playing against a team with the second worst gaa in the league will help the cause.

Nhl.com shows Roloson has played 4 games and Mathieu Garon has also played 4.

According to an NHL fantasy web site for starting goalies, it looks like Garon (but still not confirmed). Too bad, as Rolly has a tough time with the swords.. Looks like it would be Rolly in B-LO

Driving down to Tampa in an hour.

Belly full of Steak + Whisky + First row Club seats = ECSTASY

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

I trust this part applies to later this evening and not right now? ;) Have fun, man! I want to hear a goal chant!

Pretty excited to see this one after missing the panthers game due to traveling.

As numerous posters have stated, TB has historically been a pretty good matchup for our forwards and we have done well against them in high scoring affairs. Expect TV to continue his hot streak as he is more than a point per game player against the lightning. Hopefully our upgraded D can hold TB to a few tallies and prevent this one from becoming a up and down high scoring affair.

Tampa Bay's probable Lines - Television Pilot edition.

LW Steve Downie, C Steven Stamkos, RW Marty St. Louis

Suicide Bomber - Sniper - Sniper star on a SWAT team gone wrong in the new series "They are on the Same Side Line"

LW Nate Thompson, C Vinny Lecavalier, RW Teddy Purcell

Vinny has won the Rocket Richard and the Stanley Cup but is now featured in "I'm a star but my Line-mates are two Guys I Met in a Bar Line"

LW Ryan Malone, C Dominic Moore, RW Brett Connolly

Two cagey veterans star with bright upcoming teenager in the "We Were Good Last Year But Now Our Season Depends on this Pimply Kid Line"

LW Adam Hall, C Mattias Ritola, RW Ryan Shannon

The "This Line is Yet to Be Named But Can Be Seen on Public Access Line"

All in all, losing Gagne and Bergenheim on the left side has really unbalanced these lines.

If they don't get it together, look for Stevie Y to be trading for LW help soon.

Would love to see vanek continue his hot hand but also am very interested in the 63-9-21 line. These 3 buys have a lot of potential to be good, its game 7, time to get your legs under you.

My 3 players to watch:

Ennis - he has been kept to the perimeter and needs to force his way inside. Basically he has been playing pretty hockey instead of good hockey and its time to get more gritty... also SHOOT!

MAG - Was better against Florida but if he is going to stay we need consistency and more offensive production (thats what he is being sold as so lets see it)

Myers - He has shown flashes of dominance, but I would love him to put that together for a full game. Hopefully the steadying hand of Robyn Regehr will help him become the physical powerhouse he can be. Also, SHOOT more, Ehrhoff doesnt have to be the only guy cranking point shots in.

Archived