For the people who go for more then just the game

Two or less

Article about the prices and changes

http://www.buffalonews.com/life/taste/article576546.ece

All good. but the "dulcet tones of a jazz trio"...... :beer:

The Chief's announcer sez:

The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them! And by golly, our dulcet toned jazz trio is standing up to them!

They had big cans of Rolling Rock last game. Anyone try this beer? Is it any good?

i won't disagree with people calling it lightly flavored standard american lager, or even swill. it's fine for what it is, but it definitely became a hipster beer at some point and, as such, may be over-priced (but what's NOT over-priced at a pro sports event?).

anyway, if i am going for a macro lager, i'll drink just about anything -- but i prefer a genny -- not cream ale, mind you -- the standard lager that looks like the picture pasted below (i can't get the attachments to appear where i want 'em any more):

post-760-076582800 1317394615_thumb.png

as my grandfather said to me in the early 90s when i was getting into the nascent craft beer movement: "shoot, the only bad beer is no beer -- no beer, now that's the pits."

Can't say for certain where its made, but says latrobe brewery on the bottle last I looked. Maybe they named there brewery in missouri latrobe.

it mos def still says latrobe on the bottle - they thusly named/branded the brewery. that stuff is now brewed wherever InBev AB says it should be brewed.

i won't disagree with people calling it lightly flavored standard american lager, or even swill. it's fine for what it is, but it definitely became a hipster beer at some point and, as such, may be over-priced (but what's NOT over-priced at a pro sports event?).

anyway, if i am going for a macro lager, i'll drink just about anything -- but i prefer a genny -- not cream ale, mind you -- the standard lager that looks like the picture pasted below (i can't get the attachments to appear where i want 'em any more):

post-760-076582800 1317394615_thumb.png

as my grandfather said to me in the early 90s when i was getting into the nascent craft beer movement: "shoot, the only bad beer is no beer -- no beer, now that's the pits."

it mos def still says latrobe on the bottle - they thusly named/branded the brewery. that stuff is now brewed wherever InBev AB says it should be brewed.

I think I would have liked your gramps. :D

My Dad always says, "All beer is good, some are better than others."

Beer is like sex. Great sex is great. Bad sex,.. is still pretty good.

Same with pizza.

hmmm - i've not heard that idiom before.

the one with which i am familiar goes: a good dump beats a bad f#ck any day of the week.

and i agree.

as for pizza, i will decidedly disagree -- bad pizza is not pretty good -- in fact, bad pizza can be wore than no pizza (especially when there were other options on the menu).

the one with which i am familiar goes: a good dump beats a bad f#ck any day of the week.

and i agree.

as for pizza, i will decidedly disagree -- bad pizza is not pretty good -- in fact, bad pizza can be wore than no pizza (especially when there were other options on the menu).

You must be over 60.

and i agree.

You must be over 60.

:ph34r:

(not quite.)

:lol:

I remember somebody said the food was still terrible after the first pre-season game. Well, that dude was right. My opinion still stays the same, but i believe Eleven said it was same old stuff just new paint jobs, was spot on, because they introduced new food items today.

It was me. And I'm VERY glad to see that they came out with new stuff. Hopefully some of it is healthy.

ps. I apologize for arguing with the poster, because i said he still complains about the food. He knows his food well, and knew it was same old stuff. haha

Are you kidding? No need.

I usually go to pearl street with whatever guest I am taking with me and always get a tower of Train Wreck before the game and usually dont drink inside but when I do it wouldnt be bad to be able to have a pearl street stand that offers draft beer. Also blue moon isnt bad and i have never heard it called a beer for hipsters. Rolling rock was the keg of choice when i was at buff state in 07 i think one of the little stores around there somehow got it cheaper (fell off a truck) and we drank a whole lot of it. Not very good but for college beer it was high brow haha

Blue moon is a belgian witbier brewed by Coors, and thus it's not a very stellar example of the style at all. Witbiers use wheat malt in the mash which along with yeast in suspension accounts for it's cloudy appearance. There are much better examples of the style to try such as Hoegaarden, Allagash White and Great Lakes Holy Moses. If you do drink one of these beers I wouldn't call you a hipster, but if you drink one with a slice of lemon or orange then you are most certainly a douche. :nana:

Archived