For the people who go for more then just the game

Two or less

Apparently rolling rock used to be the party beer of choice at Fredonia in the 70s, according to stories my father tells. They used to come in little half pint bottles didn't they? I think my mom liked those.

I remember drinking some Rolling Rocks in Fredonia back in the late 80's. Yes, it is indeed swill.

That's a mighty thick crust on that 'za. Ravioli looks pretty good though.

When I was in Reading, UK, the two American beers they had in bottles at a lot of places were Budweiser and Rolling Rock. I couldn't figure it out until someone told me companies generally export the beer they can't sell in their own country. After thinking about it, I *very* rarely saw Bass in England. Guinness, however, was everywhere but not the same as Guinness in the US.

When I was in Reading, UK, the two American beers they had in bottles at a lot of places were Budweiser and Rolling Rock. I couldn't figure it out until someone told me companies generally export the beer they can't sell in their own country. After thinking about it, I *very* rarely saw Bass in England. Guinness, however, was everywhere but not the same as Guinness in the US.

Never been a fan of Guinness stateside. Over in Ireland, it was great on tap.

The 22 year old kids on my hockey team drink rolling rock all the time. After our last game of the season, I bought a 30 pack for them. They thanked me by not drinking me and leaving me with a fridge full of it. That was a miserable month. They looked like sprite cans, so I just pretended that's what it was.

Let me take the contarian view. I go for the game.

If others go for other reasons, ok.

I like high quality concessions, and I do not mind paying a premium for them in the arena. Still, I do not like to feel gouged. Way below average pizza for $5 a slice. American light lager for $6 a (12 0z) bottle. Double price, ok, but this is 3 or 4 or 5 times the retail price. Parking is out of sight.

Some stuff really p#ssises me off:

During stoppages the playing of music so loud that you cannot even converse with your neighbors. At my local arena (RBC Center in Raleigh) the music is so loud you cannot make a cell phone call during intermission...and I'm talking about the concourse, not inside the bowl.

Ric Flair? Woooooo? WTF? A 62 year old non athlete never was? WTF squared!

I do not mind some of the silly stuff but I do not need to be entertained every second. Play hockey, and hopefully play it well. If the hockey is good I will leave entertained. Happier if my team wins, ok if not.

Bottom line: I now like hockey better on HDTV than in person. I can get Hurricanes/Sabres tickets if I want them but have not been to a game in 5 or 6 years... and I was a Sabres season ticket holder from the early 80s until '94 when I relocated to NC.

Let me take the contarian view. I go for the game.

If others go for other reasons, ok.

I like high quality concessions, and I do not mind paying a premium for them in the arena. Still, I do not like to feel gouged. Way below average pizza for $5 a slice. American light lager for $6 a (12 0z) bottle. Double price, ok, but this is 3 or 4 or 5 times the retail price. Parking is out of sight.

Some stuff really p#ssises me off:

During stoppages the playing of music so loud that you cannot even converse with your neighbors. At my local arena (RBC Center in Raleigh) the music is so loud you cannot make a cell phone call during intermission...and I'm talking about the concourse, not inside the bowl.

Ric Flair? Woooooo? WTF? A 62 year old non athlete never was? WTF squared!

I do not mind some of the silly stuff but I do not need to be entertained every second. Play hockey, and hopefully play it well. If the hockey is good I will leave entertained. Happier if my team wins, ok if not.

Bottom line: I now like hockey better on HDTV than in person. I can get Hurricanes/Sabres tickets if I want them but have not been to a game in 5 or 6 years... and I was a Sabres season ticket holder from the early 80s until '94 when I relocated to NC.

That was 1 nice thing about the Mmarena the last 2 years. The pizza was $3/ large slice and was nearly average quality. Considering it was rink food and 4 chicken fingers and fries were ~$7.50, it was a bargain.

Archived