For the people who go for more then just the game

Two or less

Evidence:

PBR Snowboard Bindings, for hipsters.

http://www.peopleskateandsnowboard.com/?p=1098

Story from the Chicago News business section on Pabst

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/business/PBR-Sells-Out-Hipsters-Responsible-94944874.html

Another article on Pabst

http://www.hipstersuck.com/pbr-sells-for-250-mil-due-to-hipster-mass-consumption/

This is the most accurate description I can find for hipsters on Urban Dictionary. The other ones are written by hipsters and are mostly representative of what they think they are rather than what they really are.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hipster&defid=4970280

Thanks, now I'll have to switch to $1 High Life Lights at the Cyclones games... :angry:

Wait... so hipsters are also responsible for tarnishing the good name of Colt 45??? :angry:

Flavored Colt 45 Poor, poor Billy D...

I just do what makes sense: drink Genny. Let them have their Pabst. I'll support the local industry with my money if I'm buying cheap beer.

Definitely with you on that! Last fall, they started selling 30-racks of Genny Cream Ale down here, and now they've got Light and Heavy too. In my household, there's never any choice on what gameday/cheap beers to get anymore. :thumbsup:

I just do what makes sense: drink Genny. Let them have their Pabst. I'll support the local industry with my money if I'm buying cheap beer.

no genny down here, also, I grew up about 100 yards from the river that is that beer's namesake. If you had those olfactory memories, you wouldn't drink that beer.

This is the most accurate description I can find for hipsters on Urban Dictionary. The other ones are written by hipsters and are mostly representative of what they think they are rather than what they really are.

Rule number one for being a hipster: claim that you're not a hipster.

Genny had a run (no pun intended) of being a hipster beer in Philly. I remember seeing it on a menu for $5.50/can a few years ago. And +1 on the buying local beer; no sense sending your money to Europe, Canada, or even the Midwest if you can keep it in-state.

Genny had a run (no pun intended) of being a hipster beer in Philly. I remember seeing it on a menu for $5.50/can a few years ago. And +1 on the buying local beer; no sense sending your money to Europe, Canada, or even the Midwest if you can keep it in-state.

That's why everyone should be flocking to the Flying Bison stand between periods. Overrun it and force them to make it more widely available at the arena. Support your local brewery. :thumbsup:

Says the guy who lives next door to the victory brewery.

no genny down here, also, I grew up about 100 yards from the river that is that beer's namesake. If you had those olfactory memories, you wouldn't drink that beer.

I live right near it currently. I know what goes into that water. I just choose to ignore it. :bag:

That's why everyone should be flocking to the Flying Bison stand between periods. Overrun it and force them to make it more widely available at the arena. Support your local brewery. :thumbsup:

My buddies dad was involved in their startup back in the day. So I fully support this. :beer:

Blue Moon ... No different or better/worse than Blue or Bud in my book.

they're all macros, for sure -- but 'moon is ostensibly a belgian ale with citrus (orange) flavoring, whereas blue and bud are (north) american pale lagers. and insofar as bud is concerned, its trademark flavor (or after-taste) is green apple, not citrus.

they're all macros, for sure -- but 'moon is ostensibly a belgian ale with citrus (orange) flavoring, whereas blue and bud are (north) american pale lagers. and insofar as bud is concerned, its trademark flavor (or after-taste) is green apple, not citrus.

The green apple off flavor is contributed by acetaldehyde, an intermediate in the formation of ethanol. It's usually found in beers that are too young and in need of more conditioning. I'm shocked that Anheuser -Busch might push their product out the door too quickly before it's ready! <_<

Oh, I am very familiar with the style, by "no different" I meant in terms of quality. IMO anyone drinking Labatt shouldn't be dissing Blue Moon. They are both under-flavored knockoffs of continental styles.

That *does* make it easier. But I go to other great local breweries too, not just Victory!

I once went to a party with a 6 of Storm King and drank it way too fast. Threw up heavy black beer. Don't play drinking games with Imperial Stouts. :wallbash:

I once went to a party with a 6 of Storm King and drank it way too fast. Threw up heavy black beer. Don't play drinking games with Imperial Stouts. :wallbash:

I had a growler (64oz, same amount give or take) of Yakima Glory (similar ABV). I didn't heave but I did a few other things that I probably shouldn't have. ;)

I had a growler (64oz, same amount give or take) of Yakima Glory (similar ABV). I didn't heave but I did a few other things that I probably shouldn't have. ;)

haha oh boy

I was but a wee drinkin rookie in those days who didn't know what he'd just done. The times they have a-changed. :blush:

Wow! Isn't Storm King ~ 10% abv? That's nuts. I downed a bottle of Chimay the other night while watching the Yankee game and was a bit loopy. I'm getting too old for the high octane brews.

Wow! Isn't Storm King ~ 10% abv? That's nuts. I downed a bottle of Chimay the other night while watching the Yankee game and was a bit loopy. I'm getting too old for the high octane brews.

Stormking is 9.5%. Brooklyn Chocolate Stout is 10.5%. I have a nice bottle of Victory V12 Barley wine at home. I'll let you guess what the ABV for that is. :) I like big beers, in part because if I'm out drinking "normal" beer, it doesn't have nearly the same effect.

For anyone who is interested, in November Genesee is releasing a Heritage Pack, which will contain 12 Horse Ale. A beer I have never had and have been actively harassing them to bring back, just so I can try it. :rolleyes:

Looks like they listened.

http://www.geneseebeer.com/HeritageCollection

Does anyone here remember 12 Horse?

For anyone who is interested, in November Genesee is releasing a Heritage Pack, which will contain 12 Horse Ale. A beer I have never had and have been actively harassing them to bring back, just so I can try it. :rolleyes:

Yep. Never actually tried it back in the day though. I used to collect beer cans back in the day (a can with the tab still attached was a prized possession) and had 12 Horse in my collection. If I remember correctly they changed the can art several times. I wonder which variation of can art they'll use this time.

I was hoping it would come back some day. Every year I look forward to the Spring release of Genny Bock. Now I can look forward to the Winter release of 12 Horse!!

edit- I see they aren't releasing it in cans. looks like the return of the stubby bottles.

It was ok.

Yep. Never actually tried it back in the day though. I used to collect beer cans back in the day (a can with the tab still attached was a prized possession) and had 12 Horse in my collection. If I remember correctly they changed the can art several times. I wonder which variation of can art they'll use this time.

I was hoping it would come back some day. Every year I look forward to the Spring release of Genny Bock. Now I can look forward to the Winter release of 12 Horse!!

edit- I see they aren't releasing it in cans. looks like the return of the stubby bottles.

Definitely digging the stubby bottles.

It was ok.

Good enough for me!

I've also been pushing for Genesee to get their beers on tap at Dinosaur. It seems ridiculous that a major Rochester hang, just up the river from the brewery, should only be serving bottles. Genny on draft is a worthy drink with a big pile of barbecue!

Archived